Price £30,720 - £39,030
- Excellent comfort, especially from the seats
- Cabin quality matches premium rivals
- DRIVe version’s fuel economy
- Not very exciting to look at
- Limited driver appeal
- Resale values can’t match German rivals
The Volvo S80 is an executive saloon like the BMW 5 Series, although cars at the bottom of the range are priced closer to mainstream family cars like the Ford Mondeo. Its range of engines and trim levels is wide, starting with a diesel DRIVe eco-model that boasts excellent fuel economy, all the way up to a V8 petrol luxury model that's very thirsty. The S80 is comfortable and spacious, but it's rather bland, too.