Peugeot 3008 Hybrid 4 MPV
- Stylish, upmarket design and well equipped interior
- Four wheel drive and smooth automatic gearbox
- Powerful, fuel efficient engine
- Expensive to buy
- Technology lacks range extending "plug-in" facility
- Hybrid engine's batteries eat up boot space
The Peugeot 3008 Hybrid4 is a family sized people carrier offering five seats and an advanced diesel-electric engine. Power is delivered to all-four-wheels, and to make driving simple, there's a six-speed automatic gearbox. The Hybrid 4 can run on a mix of diesel electric power, and at high speeds, diesel power alone. It even offers a fully electric mode, meaning that short journeys can be made without even switching the engine on. Though the model looks identical to the standard 3008, the two cars are very different under the skin. As well as being faster, the diesel-electric engined Hybrid4 is more fuel efficient, more comfortable and more expensive. To make space for the batteries this car has to carry, the car also has a slightly smaller boot, it also features unique suspension that's ever so slightly firmer to help manage the hybrid engine's extra weight.