2014 Carbuyer Awards
Everyone looks for something different in their new car, and whether that's practicality, value for money, low running costs or style, we’re here to help you decide which car best fits your brief. Our team of dedicated road testers have driven thousands of miles over the past 12 months, sticking to the criteria that most matter to you.
Each car is rated out of five for running costs, comfort, practicality, reliability and safety, as well as performance, engines, price, value for money and optional extras. By covering every aspect of a car, we are able to give an overall score that allows you to quickly and easily compare one car with another, by weighing up their pros and cons.
Divided into 16 categories, from best family car and best 4x4, through to best estate car and best convertible – the Carbuyer awards round up our top picks in each class, every year.
In addition to the 16 category winners, we also present a special buyer's award for a stand-out motoring initiative that aims to change the way the market thinks. This year's winner may not be anything new, but it proves that a mainstream manufacturer can still innovate with a basic idea – years after it was first conceived.
However, only one of the category winners can take the overall prize to be crowned Carbuyer Car of the Year. Our winner, as you can read in the detailed review below, represents a genuine game changer in the UK market. It not only offers rock bottom running costs and a cheap list price, but it's also fun to drive, great to look at, and surprisingly practical, too.
Try it for yourself and we’re sure you’ll agree – this year's winner is deserving indeed.
Full list of CarBuyer award winners:
- Car of the Year: Hyundai i10
- Best City Car: Hyundai i10
- Best Small Car: Ford Fiesta
- Best Hybrid / Electric Car: BMW i3
- Best Small SUV: Dacia Duster
- Best Large SUV: Hyundai Santa Fe
- Best Family Car: SEAT Leon
- Best Large Family Car: Mazda6
- Best Estate Car: Skoda Octavia estate
- Best MPV: SEAT Alhambra
- Best Coupe: Toyota GT-86
- Best Executive Car: BMW 3 Series
- Best Large Executive Car: BMW 5 Series
- Best Hot Hatch: Ford Fiesta ST
- Best Convertible: Volkswagen Golf cabriolet
- Best Luxury Car: Mercedes S-Class
- Buyer's Award: Kia seven-year warranty