Car of the Year Awards 2014 – the winners
Carbuyer announces winners of Britain's best new car awards for 2014
The i10 also won Best City Car, with judges praising its quality, refinement, style and value – this slick city runabout costs from only £8,345. The Hyundai Santa Fe beat more established brands like Land Rover to be named Best Large SUV.
There was further success for Korean car makers, with Kia winning the Carbuyer Buyer's Award for its seven-year warranty, which celebrates its seventh birthday this month.
BMW claimed three wins, including Best Electric/Hybrid Car for its new i3 supermini. The BMW 3 Series and 5 Series also won in the two executive car categories.
Steve Fowler, Editor-in-Chief of Carbuyer said: “The new Hyundai i10 is a brilliant car, offering a real grown-up feel and plenty of space at an incredibly low price. It's fun to drive and cheap to own, too – the perfect car for cost-conscious car buyers.”
Carbuyer.co.uk was launched just three years ago yet is already established as one of the UK's most respected sources of car buying advice. Our mix of real-world reviews, expert advice, owner comments and entertaining video has proved to be a big hit with British car buyers and we're the only motoring website to be accredited by the Plain English Campaign.
For a full list of Carbuyer Car of the Year winners, see below:
• Car of the Year: Hyundai i10
• Best City Car: Hyundai i10
• Best Small Car: Ford Fiesta
• Best Hybrid / Electric Car: BMW i3
• Best Small SUV: Dacia Duster
• Best Large SUV: Hyundai Santa Fe
• Best Family Car: SEAT Leon
• Best Large Family Car: Mazda6
• Best Estate Car: Skoda Octavia Estate
• Best MPV: SEAT Alhambra
• Best Coupe: Toyota GT-86
• Best Executive Car: BMW 3 Series
• Best Large Executive Car: BMW 5 Series
• Best Hot Hatch: Ford Fiesta ST
• Best Convertible: Volkswagen Golf Cabriolet
• Best Luxury Car: Mercedes S-Class
• Buyer's Award: Kia seven-year warranty