DS 7 Crossback owner reviews

“The DS 7 Crossback is the first French luxury SUV, with suspension that looks out for bumps, and even night vision. It’s also economical and practical”

• Gearbox / clutch (2 cases)
  • Suspension (1 cases)
  • Electrics (1 cases)

2019

The car is very good looking and has a very good design. But from day one, I've had a problem with a strange sound inside the car when you drive in 60 km/h. I have tried to get help with this for over a month but DS in Sweden haven't come back yet about the problem. I know that that I have the problem in my car but when I talked to customer services, they told me that it is is a problem that another has experienced - they think it is the gearbox. Right now I can't recommend this car because we haven't had the problem identified or dealt with, leaving me very disappointed as it's new purchase.

Ultra Prestige

Terrible car with dangerous suspension design fault, that DS acknowledge exists, but call a characteristic. The car has a new price of nearly £50,000, but if you hit a pothole, manhole cover or uneven road surface, the rear end of the car skips sideways in an alarming fashion. It feels very unstable and unnerving, both the dealer and SD themselves are not interested, customer service is beyond bad. Completely disgusted in their attitude.

ds7 crossback 1.6 puretech 180

2019

We picked up the new DS7 a few months ago in February this year from Robins and Day, London West, Brentford. Whilst we are happy to say this is an extremely beautiful car, I am afraid we have had negative experiences with regards to the customer service and the car’s stability in particular. We have had 2 major faults with the car, the most recent occurrence which placed lives in danger. As stated, there have been 2 faults since February, all with system faults. The first occurred as the car could not be switched on, apparently going by what we were informed this was because the ignition fuse had failed. This, we accepted as a car fault that could occur regardless of the build. The second fault is not something we can live with. Back in November, whilst driving the car towards an A road, the car system up with numerous faults, all at once, and immediately stopped dead in the midst of driving! The errors generated which I took screenshots of are; • Parking brake fault: Have the vehicle repaired (amber) • Tyre under-inflation detection system fault (amber) • Engine fault: Stop the vehicle (red) • Automatic breaking system fault (amber) • Gearbox fault: Repair needed (amber) As stated already, the car came to an emergency halt without driver intervention. Luckily the cars behind were quick to swerve. To compound our plight, the RAC were unable to get the automatic DS7 car into neutral to tow the car. Three separate RAC teams were dispatched to us in the freezing night and neither could get the car into neutral to tow. Unlike other automatic cars that have a bypass lever or button near the gearbox to get the car into neutral should the automatic fail, the DS7 does not seem to have this visible or noted in the car manuals. In fact, we now understand that the repair team at the DS dealership struggled to get the car into the garage as this car could not be moved in a neutral gear position. We have since asked the dealership service to advise us if there is a known way to get the car in neutral to tow but as yet and like they have done, they’ve gone quiet when they seem confused or have little awareness of the car they sell. If we are to believe their latest update, we are being told that the gearbox pins are bent which means the whole gearbox has to be replaced including the clutch. This is my first automatic car and never thought there would be so much complications to its performance and repair. For a car that was towed into the repair shop mid-November we are now being told due to sourcing parts issues the car won’t be available to us until mid-January next year. Still they are unable to even provide a courtesy car. It must be said that the customer service is poor. At most every turn since the car was brought in to Robin and Day (west London - Brentford) since the car’s failure, we have had little communication from the dealership and when we do call, as they rarely calls us to provide an update, we are provided with information/feedback that is always inconsistent with what the manager tells us especially when we probe further by asking to speak to the manager. In fact, looking at some reviews and forums gearbox and clutch is a re-occurring theme which I am surprised car safety publications have not picked up on. For a beautiful car that sells its image on a premium feeling, the customer service and relations is poor. My rating is poor and I give this car a 1 out of 5.

Prestige blue hid 130 manual

2019

Had my car only 3 weeks & it has already broken down. Went to start my car when it was 10 days old, & it wouldn’t start. Dashboard started by saying apply handbrake, which the car wouldn’t let me do. Then the dashboard kept flashing up all different faults & kept flickering. RAC was called & when they hooked up their laptop, to see what the fault was, it didn’t recognise DS7 cars, only DS5. Whilst the RAC man was looking at my car, it’s alarm went off, which he couldn’t stop by any means, so after 20 mins, he had to disconnect the battery, before my neighbours went mad. The RAC man rang my local Citroen garages, but they all said they won’t touch DS cars. The nearest DS garage was 40 miles away, so a low loader was called to tow it away, as the dashboard now said “engine management fault” now. Whilst waiting for the truck, we tried the car, one last time & it started. So I am none the wiser what caused the breakdown, so don’t know if it will happened again soon, or not. So it hasn’t been the best start to my ownership of a DS7, hopefully things can only get better.

Broke down when 10 days old

Prestige 1.6 Petrol Automatic

A well thought out vehicle. There are so many exciting unique features with deep storage pocket between the front seats, and under the boot floor. The quiet 1.6 petrol engine has plenty of torque, giving quick acceleration. The engine cuts out when stationary at the lights to save fuel. The turning circle is very neat and useful. With keyless entry, you just touch the handle to open the car. On leaving, squeeze the handle and the car is immobilised and locked. At night a spotlight directs down from the door mirror to guide your feet! This DS7 Prestige is a delight to drive over rough British roads with all the potholes and sunken drain covers. You need to remember to select Comfort before starting off as the car defaults to Normal. In Comfort setting a camera detects potholes etc. ahead and alters the suspension damper of the affected wheel so you ride over the depression. I would describe the ride as a shimmy. The 360 degree reverse cameras are excellent. The ultra-modern design and bodywork finish are superb with beautiful leather fittings and designer BRM rotating clock in the dashboard. Six sexy led headlights swivel when the engine is started. At night they track the road and adjust beam to suit rural, urban or motorway roads. At a T Junction they highlight oncoming traffic to your right. The driver’s seat can be electrically adjusted for lumbar support and by memory to your preferred driving position. It then drops down when you exit the car. Six different massage settings can be selected for both driver and front passenger from the large touch screen display. I prefer the suitably named and very relaxing Cats Paw! The driver has a choice of steering wheel displays including map navigation or driving aid showing line of lanes and warning of deviation and passing vehicles as red led inside the door mirrors etc. I like the reassurance of two buttons above the internal mirror for central control assistance identifying your gps position if you break down. The red button will summon the emergency services in an accident. It you have a serious crash and the air bags activate the emergency services to come to you. Unlike most modern cars the DS7 has an essential spare tyre. A minor criticism is the limited guide book accompanying the car. A full manual has to be downloaded in a strange fashion via the Citroen website and is complicated to read. There are no written instructions on the excellent TomTom sat navigation. I could not find how to automatically change a sat nav route as it kept defaulting back to the original setting. I can thoroughly recommend this DS7 Prestige car.