In-depth reviews

Skoda Karoq owner reviews

“The Skoda Karoq is fun to drive, loaded with features and very practical, making it an ideal choice for families”

• Engine (2 cases)

Edition 2.0 TDI 150PS DSG 4x4 SCR 5dr

I have the DSG automatic 7 speed gearbox. My Karoq has excellent performance in both acceleration and hill climbing. It offers a useful choice of 4 modes of driving (Eco, Normal, Sport, Snow). I use Eco nearly all the time as it still offers great performance but with a bit more economy, and I keep the auto stop-start system turned on. The automatic parking brake is brilliant. When you take your foot off the footbrake, the brake stays on, keeping the car from rolling. The slightest touch of the accelerator restarts the engine (when the stop-start is activated) and releases the parking brake and away you go. The car has so many facilities and options for setting the controls that they will take months to master, but the basic ones you need to drive it are easy. Perhaps my only minor gripe is that the automatic gear change between the lowest gears when moving off could be just a little smoother. However, driving it is a delight and I find it an exciting car to drive. I'm glad I bought it.

So far, so good, but not had the car long enough yet to give a real review.

Great acceleration, even on steep hills. Feels very confident on bends and bumps.

About 350 miles between re-fuelling. Currently £140 road tax next year. I got the first 2 years service included for free, but am not sure if this is always included.

1.5

I brought this car based on reviews from various motoring media. But it's completely missed the mark for me in terms of performance. You have to change down which puts you in embarrassment from motorists behind I have had a recall on this but has made no difference. Fitted with this 1.5 TSI engine, it lacks the performance most drivers will expect.

1.5 TSI FWD Manual 150HP

35.3
We are quite happy so far with our Karoq. Our previous car was a Tiguan 2.0 AWD TDI 140HP. In comparison, the Karoq is much smoother to drive. We decided on the manual gearbox to save cash, and we are now pleased by our decision. It is quite easy to drive. It is indeed quite jumpy at 1st gear. Although I heard there is a software update to fix that. I am just quite disappointed by our fuel economy. It is easy to see that the car could do under 7L/100km, if the only focus on the driving was fuel economy and you avoid any kind of traffic or short drives (<20min). We only get 8.1L/100km.

1.5 SE L DSG Automatic Petrol

2019

I've had this model for a couple of months now and I'm so impressed with the style and comfort. There’s loads of room in the boot and back seats, great for all my horse riding stuff and still room to fit your shopping. Love the cockpit with lots of gadgets on board. Highly recommended to family and friends.

1.5 Turbo Petrol

When I bought the car, the car kangaroo'd in low gear, especially when first started. Skoda have told me they know of this problem and are working on a software fix. However, one fix later, it still happening and Skoda still tell me they are working on a software fix. This has been going on since I bought the car seven months ago. I don't feel any urgency is being given to the problem and I feel fobbed off every time I contact them. It's a pity because, in most other respects, the car is good but there's no pleasure in driving it when it lurches in low gears.

1.5-litre TSI SEL DSG Auto

39.8
I just love my Skoda Karoq. Ride, handling, interior, engine and gearbox. It is a great all-rounder. I had full cream leather added and went for the only standard colour offered (blue). The full leather was cheaper than another colour options and this make the car stand out more and look classier. The engine and gearbox work well together and the engine noise is never excessive. Ride height makes visibility very good. Interior space is very good. I have had occasion to remove all the rear flex seats to carry logs and although these seats are heavy, they are fairly easy to remove and replace, giving the rear space a van-like quantity. The rear parcel shelf lift is very good and gives unrivalled access to the boot, whilst the hooks, netting and cubby holes are well-used.

1.6 TDI SEL manual

I'm delighted with this car. Its quality is outstanding and on a par with VW/Audi. The 1.6 TDI diesel engine is perfectly adequate in town and on motorway but isn't quick. 70mph equates to 1,750 rpm in 6th and it's very smooth and quiet on motorway. Economy is outstanding and I regularly get 55-65 mpg even around town. Equipment on SEL is excellent and heated leather/Alcantara suede seats are superb. The boot is enormous and easily takes my golf bag and trolley with room to spare. It's difficult to fault so far.

No issues to date