Skoda Superb Estate owner reviews

“The Skoda Superb Estate offers a huge amount of space for the money, so it’s worth considering instead of an SUV”

• Electrics (1 cases)

1.4 SE L

This car is Superb by name and superb by nature/design. It’s the most comfortable car that I have owned and despite its tiny 1.4 ltr engine it zips along beautifully. I use it for 250+ mile motorway trips roughly once a month and it spends the rest of it’s time driving around Cornish lanes. It has not needed to go to the dealers for any reason at all.

As yet perfect.
Pretty good considering it’s 1.4 ltr engine.

Very reasonable considering the sheer size of the car.

2.0 Executive

Further to my last entry we have now crossed 9 countries towing a caravan (Swift Challenger) and are now sitting in Greece. I’d like to add is that the car is doing on average 35 mpg over hill and dale through Belgium, Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro, Albania, and as I said we are sitting happy in Greece. The downside is that it's used about 2/3 pint of oil, the upside is that I’ve been relaxed enough to set up caravan and Kampa awning - it’s just a Superb car.

Excellent

Sadly in Croatia, Montenegro and Albania the speed limits are very low so I've hardly had the car out of third gear Germany and Austria well excellent pulling power and a satisfactory cruising speed in top gear (prefer not to comment further)

Planned for 30 mpg but getting better than expected at 36 mpg

1.6 tdi SE Business

Great value for money- last car was Mercedes E-Class estate and this is on a par only cheaper! Only thing I regret is not getting the DSG- but that's personal choice- otherwise outstanding

1.6 Tdi is fine- enough torque- just have to use the gears to overtake

SE L, 2.0 ltr Petrol, 276 BHP, DSG Auto

Outstanding car, comfortable, spacious to the extreme, love the DSG Auto with adaptive cruise control. Fab media centre and Navigation System. Optional extra of tow bar - outsanding. Great car for towing caravan.

150 L&K 4x4

Bought to replace a 4-year old Superb saloon/hatch. After considering many varied cars such as BMW 3 & 5 series, MB B, C & E-class, VW Golf R, Audi S3, Passat, Volvo V70, etc. etc. The Superb is a big, big, car and ideally I would have prefered the Octavia estate but when you compare the price of similar equipped models from both ranges; it becomes impossible to justify the Octavia! The 4x4 appears to help the car around tight bends without drama - I thought that the previous Superb was very surefooted but not in comparison with this one. So far I have only had the vehicle a few weeks but have driven it around town and also on runs up to Scotland covering 350 miles plus in a day. Overall fuel consumption to date is 50+. This compares to around 40 mpg on the old car at a similar age. My previous car improved in performance and fuel usage and was regularly achieving 53+ when I sold it. Good points are space, toys, safety kit, road holding, economy and absolute luxury when the dampers are in the Comfort mode. Bad points are the amount of stone chips encountered in the first thousand miles of use, fogged-up Xenon headlights and self-opening hatchback ... was it me or have the electronics a mind of their own? The new systems require time to learn to gain the real benefits e.g lane self steer, automatic braking with cruise control and self-parking.

1.6tdi Manual, SEL Exec Greenline

Having not owned a Skoda before, I was instantly drawn to the design and found it a lot more exciting to look at than the equivalent VW Passat whilst it offered more kit for less money. For the size of the car, the engine does an admirable job, though if you're looking for more performance, the 2.0l would probably be better. Firstly, this thing is absolutely huge! If I didn't already own a house, I would seriously consider just living in it and avoid the expense of a mortgage. As a musician, I can fit guitars and even bikes in the back without even worrying about lowering the seats and if I do need to lower them, there's enough space in the back to put a van to shame. There are also a host of clever storage areas, bag hooks and bins in the back to keep items out the way and the optional cargo netting is also useful to stop items rolling around in the boot. Passenger space is equally cavernous with felt-lined door pockets and soft touch materials in all the doors. My only gripes - and these are purely personal and not faults in themselves - Adaptive cruise control seems to take take over and apply the brakes far too early, even with the closest setting enabled. It is also too slow to accelerate once a slower vehicle has moved out of the way, I find I have to intervene and apply the gas myself to get the car moving again. Also, I believe this particular model has low rolling resistance tyres for efficiency, but they do seem to be a little slippy in corners, understeer in bends and wheel spinning when pulling out of junctions, even at a very moderate speed. There are rear parking sensors only and no camera on this higher spec trim – it seems a little mean, especially for such a large vehicle, meaning parking can sometimes be a little tricky. Some more USB ports or 12v sockets would be nice as you only get one of each. The infotainment system is responsive, easy to use and has a clean design with many great features. The proximity sensor that shows additional menu items when it detects your hand close to the screen is also a nifty touch. Everything seems solid and well put together, with a comfortable ride and low noise at high speeds, it's a great motorway cruiser with the 6-speed manual gearbox.

2.0 d exec

Great drive, comfortable etc. Good economy and lots of kit. Problem with electrics after 4 months which is worrying! Electric boot failure and infotainment unit has no sound. Dealer consulting Skoda U.K. Hesitant to recommend.

2.0 Executive

Having had an Octavia (which was filling up with canoeing and camping gear) the next step was look at the Superb Estate, and, I am glad that I did. We have had the car some 3 months and covered just over 8575 miles touring Scotland Wales and a little of England. It is the most comfortable car for our family needs what with all of our kit and a dog that requires space (German Pointer). At first I, it was a bad buy however after 3000 miles (fuel economy was poor) the engine loosened off and the fuel consumption settled down to around 64 - 70 mpg (depending on the weather funny enough hot sunny days 68 - 70 mpg not so hot or rainy days dropping to around 62 - 66 mph. These figures came about by running the engine at 1800 rpm (68 mph) and sitting relaxed on the motorway. (Note driving over 68 mph reduces the mpg but not that much, unless one is fully loaded) Around town mpg went down to around the middle 50's. We are off to France touring in the summer and looking forward to a long, relaxed experience in our car.

2.0 TDI 163ps Elegance

Can I fault this car? Well it gets dirty if you don't wash it, and apart from that it is totally awesome. There's plenty of power to overtake effortlessly, acceleration is swift and you can easily get ahead of traffic, plus fuel economy is great for such a big car. Driving it is effortless, I recently did 140 miles in one go and felt like I had done 20 miles. The interior is great, comfy, spacious, very spacious and the boot is huge - bigger than a V70 and reminded me of the BMW 750 iL I had a few years ago. Suspension is awesome, even with 18inch alloys and it soaks up rough roads like a limo. Mine has heated leather memory seats and heated windscreen - a bit like the BMW which cost 4 times as much back in 2001. The only critisism is the voice activation on the sat nav, but it probably my accent!

Totally reliable.

Awesome - if it had any more torque it would need the 4X4 option.

Great for a big car.

4x4 L&K 170 2.0

You don't buy this car for anything other than a comfortable luxurious drive. It is a limousine in the full sense. Not a car for doing the track on Top Gear. However if you want to be first off the line or feel the need speed, drop it into sport and it certainly shifts. My only disappointment is could not have detacble tow bar factory fitted and the boot is not as big as my Mondeo.

Excellent so far.

Excellent
Seems a little heavier on fuel than my Mondeo.

SE L Executive 1.4 TSI 150PS DSG ACT

What a great choice this car has turned our to be. I researched carefully including the new Merc E class 220d Estate and I am not disappointed. The 1.4 petrol engine is smooth as silk and lusty, yes lusty. Sure this is no sports car but I have driven a 328i BMW from a few years ago and this car picks up its skirt and runs. More important for me is that around London with all the bumps and bad roads it is as smooth as you could hope for. I went for DSG, Jungle Green Metallic, self parking and the panoramic roof (largely because my previous cars have let light in from above and I do not want to go back to the dark ages). All options I can recommend. MPG is only poor because of my short trips - my 2.0 petrol Renault Scenic 8 years ago never got beyond 20mpg on the same trips - so double that is good going. Better on long trips. Nothing but good vibes and admiring glances from all who sail in or around her.

2.0 tdi sel ex

My sixth Skoda so I'm a firm fan, my last one was a Superb hatch, a brilliant car with 140 tdi engine. It looked great, drove well and could get 70 mpg! Sold it private to first viewers. Took 5 months for my new Superb estate in red to come, but what a car for admiring folk who come and ask questions on price, fuel consumption etc! I t drives well, a harder ride than the previous Superb but good all the same. It handles better but if I had a gripe would say it doesn't feel quite as special as original Superb inside, but its well put together and quality is tops. It swallows luggage and folk love the room in the back and its comfy ride overall. Mine has got a few stone chips and my headlights steam up a little too. Otherwise, it's had its first 20k service and there was not a problem to report. Tires all had plenty of tread, too. I just bought a pre owned citigo for my wife and she loves it. So I've had three Octavias, two Superbs and a Citigo - I get to drive lots of other cars but Skoda still comes top of my list for value, build quality and also holds a finger up at badge snobs too! Because I know my car costs less yet is a solid performer!

No problems so far

Cant complain in this area

Good - 20 quid road tax!

2.0 Diesel Sportline

I've worked in the motor trade for over 20 years so made my choice carefully and have not regretted it.

Absolutely no issues

I considered a remap but not needed

Cheap tax and good on fuel

2 0 Tdi SE Business

Having previously owned a Mercedes E Class estate (2011) I had my reservations about moving to Skoda. As much as I loved the Mercedes I never found it particularly comfortable. The skoda narrowly beats it in almost very area which is incredible for a car costing 10k less. It's very comfortable, I disagree with the main review on handling I think it feel really sharp and precise. Performance is fantastic, we easily average 45/50 mpg even on mainly short trips and of course it's really spacious. It actually sits much higher than the e class so it's really close to a 4x4 hybrid in driving potion without compromising on handling. My only slight criticism is I wish I'd gone for the auto and maybe some options. The adaptive cruise control is so good that having the auto with "city assist" option would have been amazing. You often feel the car does want to just drive itself. I've also never liked electric parking breaks and for whatever reason I've stalled this car more times than any manual I've ever had. Maybe just getting used to it. It's a minor criticism though because the car looks amazing and drives fantastically well. By far the best big Estate on the market today.