Price £16,995 - £24,500
- Distinctive looks
- Well built interior
- Strong diesel engines
- Dynamic Roll Control a necessity
- Spartan entry-level
- Rear visibility limited
The 3008's striking styling marks a new direction for Peugeot and it certainly looks distinctive. The interior is even more impressive than the exterior, as it's exceptionally well built and very smart, which is a far cry from Peugeots of old. The 3008 is practical and easy to drive, too, while the HDi diesel engines suit it extremely well.
- Stylish, upmarket design and well equipped interior
- Four wheel drive and smooth automatic gearbox
- Powerful, fuel efficient engine
- Expensive to buy
- Technology lacks range extending "plug-in" facility
- Hybrid engine's batteries eat up boot space
It might be the same shape on the outside, but under the skin, this diesel-electric hybrid version of the 3008 is so radically different to the conventional model that it deserves its own review. The four wheel drive model promises up to 75mpg, while the most fuel efficient models promise CO2 emissions of under 99g/km – making this one of the cleanest, most fuel efficient people carriers on the market.