Jaguar F-Type owner reviews

“The Jaguar F-Type offers style and performance by the bucketload, combining classic grace with modernity very well”

V8

Over the last 30 years I have owned many of the world's so called "super cars", Ferraris , Astons, 911 Turbos, an SLS, a Lambo, a delightful Maserati. I know it sounds precocious doesn't it ? But I do love beautiful cars! I have to tell you that for a fraction of the cost of some of those cars I have loved my V8 F-type coupe. It makes a tremendously beautiful loud noise. It is a delight to look at from all angles and it's fun to drive fast with all the fun options turned on (or off). It can also pootle around town like a well behaved pet when you need it to. The servicing costs for 5 years are less than one Ferrari service. Go drive one. Make it the big engine one as it goes faster and makes a better noise than the smaller engine (but only just) PLUS Mr Clarkson really likes it!

R V8 5.0L

Having come of the back of 911 ownership for the previous 11 years, I was nervous about making the move to Jag, but the looks and sound, the sheer brutal grunt of the V8 F Type R, was too much to resist. I am so glad I made the jump! Don't get me wrong, the 911 still has me as a massive fan, but the Jag has been a pleasure every day (a bit iffy on rear grip in the wet) but it makes me smile and gets a lot of conversations started with other petrol heads.
    A couple of electronic niggles when I first got the car, which were sorted very quickly by Jag.
    Brutal performance and grunt, rear wheel grip can be an issue off the line in anything but dry conditions. If I could turn the clock back I wish I'd gone for the 4 wheel drive version

Similar to a 911, you buy a 5.0l supercharged car, it's not going to be cheap to run, but it's ok on tyres, better than my 911 on fuel and servicing, is what I'd expect.

R

The best car I have had including Aston martins,all jaguar t yypes