Mazda3 owner reviews

"The Mazda3 looks great, drives well and features an innovative engine but you’ll need to overlook the lack of rear space"

• Electrics (1 cases)

2.2 d AT6 Sport

The car for it's value was the best I could get when I bought it (It was a courtesy car). So I got the top trim but without the interior leather, lane keep assist, radar cruise control and rear traffic collision (as far I remember). The car is reliable. It's not as good when overtaking, compared to my previous BMW 320d E91 (2009), but is not far behind. There are few downsides - I had to change twice the side mirror motors (under warranty). Also the steering is a bit too light, so you need to keep both hands on when taking hard corners. I have a heavy foot , but the fuel consumption (combined 30%city) is about 7.0 - 7.5 l/100 km. I was expecting @6.0, but I heard that automatic transmission is a little bit thirsty for fuel than in the manual. Other than that, there is a lot to like about this car. It could be more powerful than the 110kW with that 2.2 l engine. With a remapping, the power can be increased. The engine can easily handle 130kW. Be aware that the top trim has 18" wheels, so it's not very comfortable with 215/45 R18. I am planning to increase the size of the tyre to 225/45 R18 and fill them with foam for less noise from our rough British roads.

I wish the car battery would be bigger, so my dash cameras would not drain I'd in 3 days when parked, to the point of using the jump start.

It's okay, but I am going to buy something bigger next. Like BMW 530d xDrive

Fuel economy is not as described, not even what I was expecting.

sport nav 165 ps

Superb family car - excellently well -equipped with safety and driver assistance kit - superb acceleration, with plenty of torque in 3/4 gears - white leather seats with heated seats, heated steering wheel and head up display on the windscreen make it a pleasure to drive.

Superb - never even had a lightbulb fail !

For a medium sized family car, which is not sold as a performance model, I am delighted with the performance

Mileage could be better - but I am happy to balance this against good performance.