In-depth reviews

Nissan Navara owner reviews

"The Nissan Navara is a full-on pickup truck with the practicality to match, but it also drives well, making it one of the class leaders"

• Electrics, Engine, Suspension, Other (1 cases)
  • Electrics (1 cases)
  • Brakes (1 cases)
  • Electrics, Gearbox / clutch, Suspension, Other (1 cases)
  • Engine (1 cases)

Np300 Tekna

I've owned this car from new and was initially happy with it. The 360-view camera is very handy and the ride is comfortable compared to other pickups I have driven. The only problem is reliability. At 10k miles the turbo gave up and I had to wait for two weeks for a replacement turbo to be available. Main oil seal failure. Numerous electrical problems including not starting and phantom battery drains. I've had false warnings on the dash for 4wd system failures and, to this day, it has never been explained by Nissan. A front shock absorber recently broke off completely at the bottom due to a (broken weld) and the only reason it didn't collapse altogether at the front was luck. Now I have problems with the collision control feature deactivating after about half an hour of driving, and have also experienced steering problems after they replaced the shock absorber. I've lost count of how many times its been in to Nissan for repair and each time they give me a tiny little courtesy car as a replacement!

NP300

Had the vehicle for 2 months and has been back to the dealer 4 times for clonking on front and rear the front has been cured by taking bits off and putting them back on the rear turned out to be a badly fitting Truckman top I have asked to reject the vehicle but Nissan are messing about

Np300

2019

18.5
Owned a d40 from new covered 120k Heavy trailer loads would see me down to 19mpg but would see 27mpg as a run around New np300, same fuel same trailer loads, driving very carefully I get 15.5 mpg and best 19mpg One motorway run through average cameras cruise control on at 50mph got me up on a motorway run to 27mpg driving slower than a lorry! 250 miles on a tank and Nissan had it in for a day and said nothing wrong with it and blamed supermarket fuel, nice to see that the car covered 1 mile in the day of their testing ! Loved the d40 can’t wait to get rid of the np300! A Ford F-150 would us less fuel

Sat nav screen has turned itself off 5 time and twice to the point of having to re enter radio stations Electric windows have got to have some kind of record for the slowest closing speed ever, never seen anything like it , if you operate 2 windows at the same time it almost stops moving

D40 was planted to the road for a truck even when towing Get ready to bounce with the np300 and even a bit of under steer

You will need a fuel card and spare fuel in the cab, I and to lock the cab you will have to take the key apart to gain access to a small key blade to lock the cab, really you have got to see it to believe it

2.5 171ps

2009

More than 5 years

Robust engine with a lot of torque from down low. Never failed me. Economical but hungry when you floor it.

NP300 Eu6

29.3
My first ever truck. Was choosing between the Ranger and Navara. Navara feels a bit more car-like. Fuel economy is also a bit better on paper. Euro 6 and bird's eye view cameras will be more practical in London, than say front screen defrost. Only had it for a month. No faults yet. Very happy with the truck. However I am missing the rain sensor and automatic wipers.

NP300

Love my new Navara. been looking at pickups for a years and finally bought. The Navara runs very smooth and the automatic gearbox works well. I got the top spec one and i love the 360 view camera, makes parking real easy from day 1. Have no faults with this car yet and have 3000 miles on it in just over 2 months. The new back suspension set up helps to give you a comfortable run. Bought the Savanaha Yellow one and ordered it of the brochure. Dealer had never had one. It was a good choice colour is class.

Tekna

This is my second Navara, my first was an Auto which I had for 8 years and never had a problem in 150000 miles. I only got rid of it because 22 mpg was becoming expensive to run. Before I got my next Navara, I looked at all the other pickups and none of them matched the Navara for interior comfort, practicality and load bay space although the Isuzu D Max came close. This second Navara is a manual and averages 31mpg doing 8000 miles short distances and 3000 miles towing a twin axle caravan. I have had to replace the clutch and DMF which burnt out when I had to reverse the caravan uphill. Just had a recall to check for chassis cracking, but apart from that it is a brilliant all round vehicle, very comfortable car, great work truck and a good tow tug. If it gets chopped by Nissan for chassis cracks I will definitely get a new one. Those who are complaining about fuel consumption, get over yourselves, it's a truck!

Tekneka auto double cab

So in general I like this pickup . It's a shame they did away with the cubby boxes under the seat and gave you sliding trays instead. Why we need a keyless pickup I have no idea. Especially as there's nowhere to put key fob, but in a sliding tray or cup holder! My major gripe is it's just been into garage for its first 18k service and required new front brake pads and new front discs . So that added a quick £400 to the bill. I am informed that this is not the first they have seen where this has been the case, so watch this space to see if it requires new discs every 18k or if the fitted ones were just made out of baked bean tins.

Fine. Only problem was the key fob battery going flat within 12 months. The car got the hump and kept telling me the key wasn't in the car.
Goes fine a bit noisy and clunky as it accelerates through auto box.

See issue with new front discs at 18k

NP300 Auto

I bought this, on the back of the all round satisfaction of my previous D40 and Pathfinder. Ihad a test drive in an auto demonstrator, and ordered one. Oh boy, what a disappointment when hooked up to a trailer. Nothing I can do with the ball height can stop the rear end bouncing. I have never had such an uncomfortable ride, whilst towing, ever. And I once had a defender 90. Without the trailer, which is 60% of the time, the auto box is nice, but spends most of its time in 6th, it doesn't want to change into 7th until it's at a law breaking speed, so I keep shifting to manual and forcing it into 7th, to try to get the economy that Nissan advertises. I managed it once, downhill, with the wind behind me. For me the other important thing that lets this vehicle down, is the phone integration. How it can be called hands free beats me, requiring numerous accurate presses of on screen buttons to make a call.

Bought new overheated 3 times, before engine was replaced. Overheated twice since. Dealer service poor, Nissan UK not much better.

Np300 tekna

I've owned mine from new. I find the suspension a little harsh and the clutch is heavy when i'm in town traffic. Otherwise. I have no real issues, although an outside temperature display would be nice for a top end model. I tow around 3.2 tonnes regularly and it's never a problem – the low-range box is excellent when in mud or pulling people out of ditches. If anything the next time I would go for the auto box. All in all I think not bad for just over 21k plus vat.

Tekna Manual

Unbelievably good. A true work horse! And comfortable car like drive. Having had four new ISUZU's over the past 20 years I was concerned over the brand change, but felt I should try before I retire. ISUZU was solid strong and never failed - just what a business needs. I just needed a change! Running a business it has to perform and it does by the bucket load. The 187hp engine pulls a 3.5t trailer with ease. Flies past traffic queues if needed. Pulls out of junctions a dream and has pace. It has so many knobs and whistles from the car range it is fantastic. The vehicle is massive, has a massive bonnet which becomes insignificant with the around view camera. This a critical asset, whether hitching to the trailer or in a tight spot to reverse out of or parallel parking. The interior is so practical, for amongst things bottles for drink and the under seat storage. The tie down system in the tray is fantastic and works a dream - all pick-ups should have a similar system. No more kit sliding around whether the motorbike, the knap sac sprayer or mowers all held securely. Economical too, regularly getting 40plus mpg running around which is easy to see on the monitor. Test drove the Amarok, the Ranger, Isuzu and Hilux which all failed to impress me, although the Amarok quality did a little but not enough for the 30% premium and the poorer tow capacity. 4x4 used which functioned well. The only possible down side is the lack of roar from the engine which was good at getting Jo Public think twice over crossing infront of you.

Reliable for the past 7,00 miles

Quick and agile for a pick up.

A dream at getting 40 plus mpg on running around

Np300 manual tekna

Purchased a new Navara; it's only done 300 miles to date. Tailboard restraint strap bolts literally hanging out and damaged during production, took photos and visited dealer and spoke to Nissan UK. They're literally not interested. Extremely disappointed in the lack of care and PDI. Buy a Toyota or Ford save yourselves the problems.