In-depth reviews

Peugeot 3008 owner reviews

“The Peugeot 3008 is good to drive, economical and has a great interior, making it a strong candidate for family buyers”

• Brakes (1 cases)
  • Suspension (1 cases)
  • Electrics, Other (2 cases)
  • Engine (2 cases)
  • Brakes, Other (1 cases)
  • Brakes, Electrics, Suspension, Other (1 cases)
  • Gearbox / clutch, Other (1 cases)
  • Brakes, Electrics, Engine, Gearbox / clutch, Other (1 cases)

1.6 Bluehdi 120 Allure s/s Automatic

My 3008 is an automatic with a 6 speed EAT6 gearbox. It is a superb gearbox and having the 1.6 BlueHDI engine it gives brilliant mpg and reliability. The car is beautifully finished and designed. The car is equally at home going around town as it is on the open road. It is a very comfortable car with a quiet diesel engine which makes a long journey a pleasure. It handles really well for a tall-ish car with superb disc brakes all round and has never given any problems with road holding. It has everything I want from a car and more besides. The car is built well, with no rattles and just glides along.

1.2 petrol 5 door manual

2019

Brake fault within 4 days of ownership. New front pads and discs fitted with less than 150 miles on the speedo.

2.0 HDI 150hp

2010

More than 5 years

The Peugeot 3008 has a very good driving position, a lot of space and a lovely interior. The engine is powerful enough and maintenance is a reasonable price too.

1.2 Allure

Stylish interior and exterior. Nippy engine despite the size. Good boot capacity versus rivals. Suits me and my family perfectly. I haven’t done loads of mileage - around 4,000 a year, but have had no issues so far. One slight downside is the fuel consumption is not as good as expected - bring on the electric / hybrid version.

Diesel auto alure

We were in a lucky position that we could buy any car. We have taken this car 3 times around Europe and can honestly say its a tremendous car to travel in. The build quality is excellent. We changed the tyres to Michelin Cross Climate which also are unbelievable in the snow, we crossed the Pyrenees in winter 4 times. The cold box in the centre has become invaluable as with the ability to load 4 suitcases in the boot. We have kept the car up to date on servicing.

Totally reliable. Keep service up to date and make sure if going abroad top bluecol up, which can cost a lot in france

It's all we need. Cruises quietly on motorways at permitted speeds

Very economical on long drive using cruise control. Brilliant satnav

1.6 petrol GT Line

Nice car to drive and I'm very happy with the finish and internal layout. I like the small steering wheel and the cock pit dash layout. Bought the car new in November 2017 and by February noticed rust spots appearing on the chrome door sills. Had it checked out by the local dealer ( not where I bought the car) and they replaced the affected sills under warranty with no problems. The nearside rear window suddenly started to operate of its own accord and when this became more frequent I had the car back to the dealers and they say the window motor requires replaced, again under warranty. Just prior to taking the car in to have this window business checked out, the off side rear window also operated by itself so the dealer said they could not see any fault on this one but to keep monitoring it and report if it continues. The dealer said they have not had this fault reported before. Great to drive on the motorway with the active cruise control in use and comfortable drive from Scotland to Plymouth and back in one week with no issues.
To early to pass comment but so far only the window problem which hopefully will be rectified
Performance very good with plenty torque and good acceleration when required. Active cruise control worth the extra money and easy to use
Happy with running costs which are a lot lower than last car which was 2.4, 5 cylinder so 1.6 , 4 cylinder is a lot cheaper so happy with that

1.6 THP Auto

I was attracted by the design and features that seem to have been well thought out by Peugeot. The cabin is one of the nicest I have ever sat in and everything falls to hand nicely. I chose the petrol 1.6 because I have retired and no longer do regular long journeys. The build quality is on a par with VW and the car is far more nimble than my old Tiguan. The ride is very comfortable and performance is brisk for this type of car. The automatic gearbox is smooth in operation. When I first got it I thought I would need a degree in technology to work everything but no! Half and hour with the owners manual explained everything and it performs faultlessly. People keep asking me if it is a new Range Rover.

Too new to comment – OK for the first 1500 miles

Quite brisk for a SUV especially in sport mode. A bit jittery on some road surfaces but nothing worrying.

Running costs are about what I expected – does about 45 to the gallon on average

1.6 turbo EAT6 Allure 5dr

I have almost owned the vehicle for a year now (11 months), and so far its been a trouble free purchase. It's great on the open road, the automatic gearbox has wonderfully smooth gear changes and works well on demand. I average around 8.5l/per 100km mixed cycle environment with my 1.6 turbo petrol variant, which might not be as economical as some people might want, but for a mid sized SUV I am pretty happy with that return. It does the job of a family vehicle very well. Its exterior panel fitment is superb. I love the i-cockpit and the small steering wheel. I have found with the design of the steering that with long trips the driving position that I have, I don't find my arms getting tired, also very comfortable seats with great bolster. Engine is smooth and to me very responsive (especially in sport mode). Boot is big enough for a family of 4, and with the adjustment of the floorboard available to one, you'll be surprised by how much can fit in the boot. The whole car is quite a wonderful experience, and seems very reliable, making daily commutes for myself a fun experience. Its exterior design is unique and does not follow the sheep design of other models. Park it next to any other brand and it has defining design characteristics that make it stand out. Its a vehicle for people who want a little bit of exclusivity, something a little different from the norm, but still practical and reliable. Very well specified in standard trim.

3008 Allure

I've had my 3008 Allure a year now and been delighted with it. It drives great and is well specced with lots of space front and back.The safety features are first class and it'ss a good looking car inside and out. Economy is great and the engine is responsive for a 1.6 Diesel. It’s Comfortable and a pleasure to drive .

1.5 diesel eat8 allure

I've had my car for 6 months and I am loving it. The interior is so beautiful and comfortable especially for the driver that you want to drive continuously. It is working with no problem at all.

1.6HDI

Great Car. The bonnet will vibrate at speed because it only has a clasp in the middle – due to the design wind gets under and tries to lift each side giving a noticeable wobble. Peugeot has acknowledged the problem and strengthened the support struts which has greatly reduced this problem. There is also a vibration at speed or in strong headwind from underneath which is just noticeable under driver and front passenger foot-wells. The parcel shelf edge out towards you is razor sharp and I had to sand down the edge. Also the back doors when opened had sharp edges in the middle which cut a few passengers. Again I had to file down these plastic bits off the trim to solve it. The only other issue that niggles me is the windscreen washer which is in the wiper. It's useless at motorway speeds when those insects start splatting on the screen. Also you will spend a lot of time trying to get Android Auto working. Otherwise it's a fantastic car

Very Good
Excellent
Excellent

1.2 Pure Tech EAT6 (Auto)

I recently took delivery of this very eye catching car, it is easy and comfortable to drive but alas I am currently only getting a massively disappointing and shocking 27mpg based on urban/extra urban driving. The dealer said that this sounds about right (which is not what I wanted to hear) and that maybe it will get better when the engine has 'bedded in' and that the published figures (44.8mpg for urban and 60.1mpg for extra urban) were achieved under test conditions and does not take into account road conditions and peoples driving styles. Admittedly I have only been driving it for a few days now but you can virtually watch the fuel gauge go down as you drive, maybe in time it will improve, and also after it is has had its 4 week courtesy health check.

1.6D Auto GT Line

49.8
Positives: A great looking car from most angles. Beautiful inside and backs of tech to keep the most ardent IT nerd happy! Smooth runner on the motorway and very decent MPG for a large car with an automatic gearbox. Negatives: It has squealing brakes when damp, which the dealer cannot resolve. Slow-witted infotainment system, although you can just about get used to that. There's also a knocking from front of car when travelling around 65mph, which again the dealer cannot resolve. It gives you a skittish drive on uneven road surfaces. Overall: It's difficult to defend the car when presented with the recurring issues, which the dealer just cannot seem to fix. Putting that to one side, the car is lovely and you get a lot for your money and the same features would cost at least £15k more from a premium brand. If you can afford that then go for it, but if you're looking for something that balances value for money with looks, knowing you're not necessarily going to get the attention to detail you'll find in a BMW or Mercedes, then I'd go for this any day. If it weren't for the negatives, I'd give this car 5/5, but I've had to drop two marks; one for the recurring issues and another for the dealership not being able to deal with the problems.

1.5L Diesel Allure

In my first year of owning this car it has developed three problems. Before that I loved the car. It has a stunning exterior and interior; the infotainment system takes a little long to respond but it gets smoother the longer it's switched on. The automatic dipping headlights work brilliantly, so does blind spot assist and all the other features. But a few weeks after picking the car up, I got a recall letter. I took the car back and they assessed it and told me that nothing was wrong with my model. Two weeks after that the steering was making a noise when turning at low speeds (like in car parks). A couple months later I started to hear screeching when I used the brake pedal, in particular when i lifted my foot off the brake. A few weeks after that I hear knocking in the rear right wheel which comes and goes. The braking problem got worse. In traffic the car has a Stop/Start system that turns off the engine in traffic to not waste fuel. When you release your foot off the brake the engine starts again. That's how it should work. But now when I release my foot off the brake the car won't start and I get a notification on the screen saying to restart the car manually. So now whenever I start the car I have to go to settings and turn "Stop/Start" off, that way the car stays always on. It's the only way to stop the car cutting out. You don't expect these problems with a 67 plate vehicle. It's a lovely car when all is well, but it's french engineering after all and Peugeot don't have the best name in the reliability department. Tomorrow the RAC are coming and then the car is going back to Peugeot. Of course, any new car can develop a problem - I just think that the number of recalls and faults is too high, so I wouldn't recommend a 3008.

GT Line auto

The dashboard I-Cockpit is great. Everything falls to hand, there's a big clear touch screen and controls on the steering wheel as well. Once you get used to the operation of the dash it's amazing. Nice small steering wheel which is adjustable up and down and in and out. I have had burning smell after journey thought it was wax burning off, but after only 500 miles oil light came on, I topped up with oil and light went out...but after journey there was still a burning smell. The RAC came out found an oil leak at the drivers side, I'm now without my lovely new car! Hope not for too long, especially after 500 miles, gutted.

Only done 500 miles, now in Dealership for oil leak.

For a 1.2 petrol engine has a lot more guts than my last 1.6 HDi

Can't say only done 500 miles

2.0-litre BlueHDI GT Line

I was lucky enough to get my new 2ltr BlueHDI 3008 SUV GT Line just before the tax went up, so I only pay £30 per yr. The car itself is really impressive, I have owned both a 208 and a 308 with the first gen i-cockpit and where they can be a little slow and even crash, the latest version in the 3008 is a vast improvement in both quality and speed, it also adds the piano keys which are basically a short cut without having to go fidget around on the touch screen to change settings, it's a good idea and well presented. Quality is far above that of older Peugeot's (pre 2010) when Peugeot really pulled their finger out, this is a new level of quality in the range and it shows that they are upping their game. The small steering wheel is a delight and looking over it is very innovative and has improved on the 208 and 308 which could slightly intrude on the dials, this one doesn't, another plus for Peugeot. On the road the car is very good, its comfortable with good views, the rear window is restrictive but a part from that there are no real issues. Engine choices are the 1.2 3 pot petrol turbo engine with 130ps, a 1.6-litre petrol with 165ps, a 1.6-litre Diesel 120ps, a 2-litre 150ps and the 180ps (GT Auto only) diesel. The engine choice should be thought out hard, lots of short trips and lack of long distance driving, stick with the petrol, using the diesels here will just cause you problems with the diesel particulate filter, lots of motorway or long distance driving and the diesels are the way to go. Overall the car is a great package, 4x4 missing from the range? If you don't off road then you don't need it, grip control is enough (see Youtube videos), it is worth going for over the competition? Be warned if you pick your car's specification to order, the waiting list is quite long due to demand, if you pick one out of the showroom you can have it in a few days.

No issues, engine and drive drain are either new or from the mk2 308.

The car is pretty light at around 1300kg, mate that with a 150ps diesel and its quite pokey.

Cheap to run, servicing isn't that expensive.

AUTO DIESEL 1.5 8 SPEEDS

It's very good apart from an uncomfortable jerk the auto gearbox does when changing down from 2nd to 1st when slowing down.

VERY GOOD

VERY GOOD EXCEPT WHAT I WROTE ON THE REVIEW

VERY GOOD

1.6 automatic petrol

The car engine was fine until 17,000 miles, it never used any oil. Then an oil warning light came on and the oil was low. The oil was topped up and the sensors reset. At just over 19000 miles the same thing happened. This time the dealership wrote on a report 'Note this type of engine can use up to one litre of oil every thousand miles.' For a modern car that doesn't seem right. Peugeot will not admit to a fault but I am told that later 3008's will not use this engine, all will be diesel. I am concerned that I'll need to top the oil up ever more frequently as the as the engine wears. Peugeot do not want to know and will not accept that there's a problem.

Since the engine oil problem poor reliability as used as a mobility vehicle for a person that cannot top up oil.

Engine problems with oil burning lowers what would have been a 4 star performance

Additional monthly bill of £7 -£10 per month for oil not acceptable for a modern engine

1.2L Puretech 130, 6 speed manual, Allure

Bought this car after testing an automatic version, didn't want an auto at the time but may do in the future. The manual's gears are very short so expect plenty of shifting when moving off from traffic lights but it's ok once you reach steady speeds. The change up to 3rd is awful, I reported this at the 6 week check and the main dealer technician thought there was a synchro issue with the gearbo. It was reported to the service reception, but I was told that Peugeot was aware of a noise on some vehicles and that they would not even consider looking at it until at least 3.5K miles on the clock. To be honest, my dealer's attitude means I'm trying to delay taking it back in. Recently (at 8 months old) the electric window switch in the front nearside door has fallen into the door lining, which is another thing that will be blamed on the customer at the dealers no doubt. The bodywork feels really light, probably to get fuel consumption figures up, the drivers door has been dented and scratched by an errant swimming bag swing in a car park and the bonnet appears to weigh less than the glove box lid in my 20 year old Fiesta. There's still no touch up paint available from Peugeot (seriously after all this time) we have the colour that all of the advertising was done in. The dealer suggested we go to car paint suppliers and get them to colour match a small pot for the car. On a positive note it does what a car should and gets us from A to B in comfort and relatively economically, the 1.2L 3 cylinder engine is lively and cruises without fuss at motorway speeds, but get in the wrong gear to go round a suburban corner and the lack of power due to turbo lag is frightening. After owning Japanese cars for the best part of 20 years previously we fell for the look and interior of the Peugeot but I for one seriously cannot get it out of my head that we should have had a look in the Nissan dealership up the road to the Peugeot site before buying this car, and probably won't be buying another one.
Too early to tell but no reliability issues to date.
1.2 L performs like an old 2.0L

1.6 GT Line Automatic

Since I have had this car, it has spent more time in the Peugeot garage than it has in my driveway. It has been recalled 4 times since I bought it, ranging from faulty fuel lines to brake pads completely worn (Within 4 weeks of buying it!). The automatic gear change is slow, the car is very unresponsive and the onboard sat nav is so slow to start, I actually found my destination before it started up! I've had constant problems with the electrics, ranging from the electric windows and doors unlocking of their own accord to the dash going completely blank and refusing to work. Every time I have taken it to Peugeot, surprise surprise they cannot find any faults. Avoid this car at all costs, especially the automatic transmission versions.

1.2 Petrol 130bhp

I've had this car for 4 months now and totally love it. It is very good on fuel. I used to have a Nissan Juke, but this is more economical on urban driving. I have noticed that I get lower economy on long motorway journeys though, but I don't make those very often. It's very comfy to drive and the small steering wheel is very precise. The i-Cockpit is very impressive and feels totally luxurious. I looked at many other SUV's and this was by far my favourite its class. The only thing I didn't like was the lane departure as it doesn't recognise country lanes that have no white lines and it was pulling me all over the place so I soon turned that off!!

1.2 Allure Puretech petrol 130BHP

I love the styling of the car inside and out. It's nice to drive with a lovely gear change and punchy engine. However, I'm very disappointed with the fuel consumption especially on motorway – it's averaging around 36mpg. Mine also suffered a major power steering failure after 5000km and needed a complete rack & pinion replacement under warranty - Peugeot had no spares in stock (they were all factory allocated) so I was without a car for over 3 weeks. The driver's door handle seizes in sub zero weather so the door won't close which renders the car undriveable until it thaws out! I've received dreadful service from main dealer who are walking away from issues and letting me deal with Peugeot Ireland direct. My initial love of this car is fast waning!

Complete power steering failure after 5k. Door lock seizes in cold weather. Lots of electronic glitches esp with infotainment system and reversing camera. I'm disgusted by the shabby support from our main dealer.
Punchy performance once warmed up. Can leave you short on take off when engine cold and turbo doesn't kick in.

Very disappointing esp at motorway speeds. My old 1.8l petrol Toyota was every bit as good!

1.6 blue hdi 120 allure

I bought this car to replace a 14 Reg Nissan Qashqai and it's fantastic. For me it is a much better car. The mpg is as good as my 1.5d Qashqai. The interior of the Peugeot is a much better design and has fewer irritating features. The seats are comfortable. The icockpit can take some getting used to, without clear instructions, but my teenage son figured it out in no time. My driving is mostly on the motorway and I have no complaints. The rear camera and dipping mirrors when reversing make it much easier to park than the Qashqai. The lane departure function can be an irritation, as in certain road conditions it seems to think you are departing a lane and wants to autocorrect when you are not (I.e. It seems to identify a road repair reflecting in wet conditions is a lane marker). The boot space is ample for 3 fairly large suitcases. My car has the panoramic sunroof which opens, which again is a better feature than the fixed panoramic roof I had on the Qashqai. The Peugeot App is also pretty good. It even showed me when and where my car had been driven when I left it with an airport parking provider during a holiday. This was a bit of a gamble as I bought it when the model was very new (now had it for 9 months), but I am 100% pleased with it and I would personally never go back to the Nissan, now that I have experienced this car.

Very reliable so far.
Performance suits my needs.

Getting just under 52 mpg