In-depth reviews

Peugeot Partner Tepee owner reviews

"The Peugeot Partner people carrier looks like a van, but its versatility and driving experience will appeal to budget-conscious family motorists"

• Suspension (1 cases)

, 1.6-litre to 1.9-litre, Diesel, Manual

2010

Excellent

1.5-2 litre, Diesel, Manual

2002

More than 5 years

In 8 years it has never once left me stranded; still on original clutch at 112,000 miles, 1 new battery and tyres (apart from punctures) last about 40-50k miles. Required a rear axle rebuild at 100k miles and speed bumps, potholes etc. have meant some small jobs on the front suspension as well.

I stick to a 6k miles service schedule at a private garage that I trust. 40+ mpg around town with passengers is pretty good for the space on offer. Good insurance costs cŁ280 for fully comp with European cover and full breakdown cover. Overall very pleased with reliability and costs.

outdoor I.6 HDi 92

2012

Very pleased so far, wanted a car that was cheap to insure and suitable for throwing lots of climbing equipment into for trips away. Fuel consumption not quite as good as the previous Toyota Avensis Estate, but got 45mpg on a long very heavily loaded trip to the Alps with four adults 2 bikes and a completely full back, otherwise 47mpg seems about the norm. Few problems apart from somewhat squeaky electric windows and a wheel vibration at 80mph that hopefully is down to tyre balancing. I find it refreshingly comfortable to drive and soon got used to the slight sway into corners that initially unnerved me a little. My newly adult children have even forgiven me for having a "van" car.
No problems thus far.

It's not a Mercedes estate, but it gets along at a reasonable pace and has sufficient torque to overtake effectively at 60 odd mph.
Very good so far, insurance for a 22 year old second driver was affordable.

2005

No problems so far except for normal wear and tear

The fuel consumption is not as good as expected, after reading the official consumption figures. I was expecting about 45 mpg, but even on a long run I am not achieving this, and I consider myself to be reasonably light-footed

1.6 HDi 65bhp

First thing, the driver's seat only just goes back far enough - it is on the limit for me and I am 6'2", the door and gearbox housings are hard plastic and after less than 20 miles, I had to stick pieces of carpet on the parts that rubbed and made my knees sore! The ride was atrocious, but that was due to the low profile tyres fitted by Peugeot. Also, tyre wear is atrocious - they are 215/55 x 16. These have been changed for new wheels and tyres to 205/65 x 15. Whilst I have put truck tyres on GT Maxmiler EX the ride is better, although tyre noise is higher and more susceptible to poor road surface noise-wise. The seating, though, is good - we have just done 2000 miles with fair comfort. Acceleration is poor, however using the gearbox one can attain good performance. In terms of economy, one must strive to keep within the 2000 to 3000 rpm rev band. So for example, a 30mph speed limit probably means second gear needs to be used. This was confirmed by the on board computer with which one can see current mpg. Going over 3500 rpm MPG crashes, and I managed to get it down to 18mpg! We drove all along the south coast using all the gears and doing 130km/h in places with a full load and achieved 45mpg which isn't bad for 2 large adults and a full load. I shall be changing the oil at 20,000kms, not 25, as I believe that this prolongs motor life, it certainly has with our Expert. Going back to economy, driving in top gear using just the engine to cope with road variances from Newhaven to Norfolk fuel economy was 24mpg. Overall the vehicle will probably do us, the height for me was the sole reason for getting it. Having a bad back means 90% of cars are a no no. Would I get another? Probably, but this time get the dealer to throw low profile tyres away as they seriously hurt my back. Do not expect to get many answers from Peugeot, they do not really know what to say, not even to dealers. The vehicle is also an electrical minefield, when it gets older then I can see serious money, we have a 5 year warranty on ours. I need to fit a radio transmitter to ours, the book says contact Peugeot. Speaking to the wall down the road was more fruitful as was banging my head against it! Finally, the space on left hand drive for the left foot causes problems as sometimes I cannot push the clutch down properly.

Not as fast as our Expert. The engine is fussier and noisier. I do not like the idea of reverse gear being behind top, too easy to go straight back from top to reverse. However due to the economy thing most of our driving is in 4th as the car is not so economical under 60mph so it's pointless going into 5th.

Fuel costs higher than expected, my 2.0-litre Expert from 2004 is more economical. How the EU reckon using more expensive fuel is better for the environment I do not know, because that is the reason it is not as economic. The regs have come in between the two vehicles.

1.6 e-hdi EGC

Love this car! Comfortable seats, smooth EGC gearbox (despite what reviews would have you believe), a surprising amount of power from 92 horses under the bonnet, feels faster than the 0-62 time suggests, huge boot space. Going from a Honda Civic with a 2.2 turbo diesel to this, i have found myself more willing to sit behind the little old dear doing 25 in a 60 zone in her Micra, than overtake and drive at the limit! The angled steering wheel which is less upright than other cars, is actually very easy to get used to and in all honesty, i prefer it this way. Add in low insurance costs, 49 to the gallon (9 less than claimed, but i haven't completely eliminated my lead-footedness yet) and that the car is only 8 months old (ex-Motability) and it should be good for my bank balance for a good while!

No problems so far.

Better than the figures might have you think.

Great for a car this size!

1.6 HDI DIESEL

2012

Reliable, solid vehicle, no problems but slightly noisy on today's badly kept roads. I get around 43 mpg on short trips, and have had up to 64 mpg on long journeys. Loads of space, and as it is a WAV vehicle the ramp at the back is an extra bonus.

2001

brilliant

2005

No real problems since owning

Fuel consumption more than expected. New battery expensive, but then it is a 2 litre diesel engine

1.5-2 litre, Diesel, Manual

2010

Completely reliable.

Low fuel costs. No other costs incurred.

Recommended