Porsche 718 Cayman owner reviews

"The Porsche 718 Cayman is a joy to drive, a pleasure to sit in and great to look at. It’s just a shame the turbo engines are more sensible than characterful"

2 Litre

Having tested the four cylinder and six cylinder Boxters on the same day after having read all the reviews I was astonished by the difference. I made up my mind on that day to order, and wait for, a two litre 718 Cayman. The car is all that I hoped and with the standard fit "sport" button pressed I think that the noise is phenomenal. These cars do everything well and are exceptional in most areas. Something that not many of the tests mention is the rear load area. If I take my driver out of my golf bag, I can get it in the rear sideways and put the driver on the area under the rear glass. I can also get a pair of skis in with the tips poking between the seats. All in all, happy, happy, happy.

2 litre

I am very lucky in that this is my ninth consecutive Porsche and my third Cayman. Previously I owned four 911s, so I am fairly experienced in owning/driving these cars. The first Cayman I bought was to be temporary due to changed circumstances, and I intended returning to 911 ownership. Now I would not consider it, the Cayman is that good and the 718 is the best yet. Drive this and the previous 981 model back to back. There is no comparison, this car is much better. I accept that the engine sound is not as good, but in the car it is just not that obvious and the difference in performance is hugely apparent. On longer non-motorway drives I have regularly exceeded 40mpg, absolutely phenomenal for a car of this calibre. If you are considering a Porsche, please give this car a drive. You will not be disappointed and smile forever thereafter.

I've never owned a Porsche before, but this car is the best looker for the money, has great performance, is comfortable very easy to drive and the handling is out of this world. It's by far the best car I've ever owned. On journeys it's very pleasurable to drive, comfortable & not noisy until you put your foot down & the Turbos kick in. As an OAP getting in/out not an issue as long as you are fairly fit. I would recommend to anyone, own/drive one at least once in your life you won't regret it, I have a smile on my face every time I drive mine.

No problems, except for a puncture in the first week

Exceptional

This is a real Sports car & I'm getting 32.5 to the Gallon!

2.0 litre 300bhp

Owning a Porsche was a lifelong dream come true. Nnothing in this price bracket comes close. Having watched numerous Youtube reviews only confirmed my gut feeling and personal research. Several of them stated 'best Porsche or sports car you can buy regardless of price. Why buy a 911 when this is so good? My tip is to keep it basic. 2.0 litre, manual, full leather plus few other bits (the total in extras was £5k). I Opted for racing yellow and it looks absolutely stunning. I frequently get comments compliments from passers by as I get in and out of it. On several occasions got back to car to find people photographing it. It handles like a snake through grass. Pick up is very quick, even in 6th, I've not noticed any turbo lag and it sounds great to me, I don't understand all this 'it's not a six-cylinder noise' fuss. Access is not difficult my 80 year old mum manages it okay. And like the previous reviewer, I too smile, inside anyhow every time I get in it, which is 3-4 times a week minimum. Economy can range from 28-37mpg. averaged out it's more like 32mpg. I collected it in November so it's had a long winter and I am still getting used to it, and economy will depend on how it's driven. Seriously good figures can be seen with a little care.

No issues
    Unbelievable. Phenomenal. Power, pace and handling. :-)

Checked out insurance £218, tyres, servicing before ordering. Tax gets cheap but is a stinger for the first 6 years, it's £550 for the first year, then going to 145 but due to purchase price 40k plus levy of 310 added across years 2-6. So first 6 years will cost you approx. 3k. So what? no regrets worth every penny.

2.5S

Having owned the previous two versions of the Porsche Cayman I was reluctant to purchase this new 4 cylinder version due to all the fuss about the engine noise. However if you like lots of noise and all popping and crackling make sure you purchase the sports chrono package and optional sports exsaust this will cure the problem. Make no mistake this new 718 beats the previous generation Cayman in every other way you can imagine and is a true sports car.

Only had the car 4 months no issues at all.

0-60 mph in 4 seconds dead i say no more :-D