Renault Espace (1986-2012) owner reviews

"The Renault Grand Espace is even bigger than the standard model, which allows more room for luggage."

• Electrics, Other (1 cases)

Espace 2005

2005

More than 5 years

I have had this car since 2013 And I have to say that I love it just as much now as I did the day I brought her Yes she’s had problems, yes there’s been plenty of trips to the garage but I think that the Espace is definitely one of those cars that an owner will either love or hate. There’s no in between with this vehicle I don’t think. If like me you love it - then you’ll see beyond the problems and you’ll repair them. But if you hate it - then you’re likely to think that it’s the worst car ever invented and scrap it after its 3rd time at the garage. It’s a little bit like Marmite. I happen to love it and wouldn’t change it for the world I have spent in excess of £4000 in repairs. Most have been down to my own choice and not because I had to, and I plan on getting the engine reconditioned at some point. It's having a few problems at the moment but that can be expected given that the car is a 2005! You’re likely to find that even after a handful of repairs, they’ll always be something else! Unfortunately it’s like anything else that’s knocking on in age - eventually it’ll start to break down but that doesn’t mean it can’t be fixed. I would recommend this car 100 percent and I would not have a bad word said against it even after all of the problems it has face. In actual fact she’s back in the garage on Thursday.
When it works it’s a dream When it breaks down it leaves you wavering on the wedge a little wondering when it’s going to happen again
Perfect when she works
Costs are through the roof