In-depth reviews

Toyota Prius owner reviews

"Whether you love or loathe its styling, the latest Toyota Prius is a practical and technology-filled hybrid that costs very little to run"

Business

2019

Brilliant car. Superb on motorway at high speed, steady as a rock, wonderfully so in strong winds. Refined, comfortable, relaxing drive on all roads. Powerful braking. Superb quality, e.g. in sound system, steering. cruise control and ergonomics. Not really for foot-on-floor driving but is a car you can drive swiftly for long periods, in town or on motorway, and not get tired. Lots of head room in front. Great boot and luggage space. Fabulously smooth transmission and gives me excellent mpg - would be even better with 15in wheels (I have 17in).

Excel VVT-I

This was my first Toyota and my first hybrid. My Prius has been faultless and has proved comfortable, practicable and enjoyable, the only criticism being a slight lack of bottom end grunt. I am averaging 70mpg over a broad spectrum of commuting, town work & long distance motorway work and that is through a severe winter.

Faultless
    A slight lack of bottom end power is noticeable on occasion but everyday needs are met perfectly well. A slight adjustment in driving technique is soon adopted.
    Very low fuel consumption and insurance costs. The 3 year Toyota service plan is good value as the service intervals are 10,000 miles

1.8 Hybrid CVT 5dr

Bought this car 2 months ago and it was the biggest and most expensive purchase of my life especially as I had to take out two loans and use a lot of my small savings to buy the car outright and I'm so pleased I did. I do short round trips of 8-18 miles per day 7 days per week in mostly country lanes/city traffic and I now re-fuel every 21.5 days. I've noticed that the first 4 minutes of the car used fuel and then it goes into battery mode once warm and I could do an entire journey at less than 30mph on battery. Love the stop/start traffic now as it recharges the car battery and hey presto I'm saving fuel. The car has a lot of features for the money. I drive carefully and gently I can now get up to 68.5-69mpg and this is the best I can get on average, it doesn't do the stated 95.mpg as advertised but it' still pretty high if I'm filling every 21 days. Overall - an excellent quality car, excellent mpg, massive boot space, fast windscreen heat up, comfortable, stylish and a pleasure to drive in traffic and road bumps. Incredibly pleased with my investment.

Business Edition

My 2016 Gen 4 Prius looks good (from the back and front at least) and is very economical. I frequently get over 100 mpg, but hills, short commutes and heavy loads bring it down to 70 mpg overall. I am impressed with the ride, handling, room and supreme reliability, but sometimes wish for more torque. This is the best car I have ever owned. I highly recommend it.

Faultless

Not important. Buy another car if you want performance

Low