Ford Edge owner reviews

“Big, brash and full of character – but not without flaws – the Ford Edge makes an impact if nothing else”

Petrol ecoboost titanium

Whilst waiting for our new Edge I read some truly awful reviews, so was much relieved when I finally collected it and it drove like a dream. It's a very spacious vehicle with plenty of room inside and the boot – though not huge – is big enough. I was worried about the engine being a bit slow but had I've had no problems jumping out at roundabouts. It has a good turn of speed! I would would definitely recommend giving this car a chance; we love it.

Titanium 210ps

Bought this car last year, when it first came out, we where looking for a SUV. Tried the X Series BMW, found it too noisy and with a hard ride, and I am a BMW fan. I didn't think I was old enough for a Mercedes and didn't like it anyway. I tried the Range Rover Evoque, it was very nice but at the time I couldn't get the colour we wanted, which was a shame. We also tried the lovely looking Kia Sportage, but found it too tinny and noisy and not much fun to drive. This the first car I've had where the sound deadening equipment makes it really quiet to drive, and a recent drive to Cornwall, over 350 miles, I could get out of the wonderful seats and just walk off without stretching! Fuel consumption on a long run is about 43 mpg, which for a two ton tank is amazing! If I need to moan the steering is not up to BMW standards, but doesn't create any issues. There is so many gadgets as standard, it takes a long time to digest it all. We feel safe in our big Ford Tractor, and we have not had one issue or hiccup since we drove of the forecourt last year .

Titianium Lux Pack, 210BHP, Powershift Auto

Great drive and plenty of power. Good steering and so smooth a ride with quietness of a prestige saloon car. Lane Control and Distance in front sensors work well keeping you informed. Great space inside and the best boot size of all SUV's. Camera's back and front with own washer jet give superb picture. Superb Panoramic roof that opens and tilts. Wow what a great sound system by Sony. Air conditioned and heated front and rear seats, heated steering wheel and many other things like sat nav. This SUV is made in Canada and not America as the Car Buyer Tester said. It will be quite rare as only a small volume being sent to the UK which is a blessing in its very different and hopefully maintain its trade in value. So far I am 100% happy and just know that I made the right decision to buy this SUV.

Titanium Powershift

Excellent car, very comfortable with lots of space for my golf clubs. Great for towing my touring caravan. Quite wide so parking is sometimes a problem.

No problems so far in the 4000 miles I have driven.

Excellent performance.
Average for a vehicle this size.

Titanium

36.4
I saw the Edge in the dealers and loved the look. The mpg is better than i expected and the car is extremely comfortable and quiet. For a car of this size it performs well, I use the sport mode and paddles on the twisty a roads through Wales, much better than Drive. I didn’t want 7 seats so am not disappointed, but maybe for some families, a necessity! This car is so much better than the testers say it is and tows well also. If there was an improvement to make, I would change the sat nav, I like the multi route options offered by some of the German cars. All in all it is the best car I have had to date.

No issues to date
Not the fastest, but more than adequate in most circumstances. Do you really buy an SUV to drive fast?
Happy for a big automatic, 34 to 37 round town had 48 on some runs.

210bhp sport

Great comfortable car to drive. very wide to park. not as economical as they state but still good consumption for its size

titanium

I've owned 3 Kuga's prior to taking the step up to the Edge, and have to say that's it's been the best decision we've made. Its an impressive vehicle full of all the technology you need for a lot less than the so called 'premium' brands. We had looked at and tested most of its competitors and still came back to the Edge. Its very comfortable and easy handling although it does take a week or so to get used to the size of the vehicle. I have seen comments regarding the 'vague' steering which must be someone's imagination because it's responsive and precise, I haven't faulted it at all. The best thing about it is its road presence, its big and bold, what I'd call a mans car. Another plus is it's quite exclusive, you don't see many on the road at the moment not like the millions of other boring suv's . There's plenty of storage space and the boot is enormous. A fantastic alternative!

Titanium

We had looked at the BMW X1 and found it too noisy and too cramped, as well as the Range Rover Evoque, which we found too low. We took a test drive in the Ford Edge and found it really quiet, very smooth and enjoyed the cameras and parking sensors which make it a dream to park. The interior space is incredible, it even has rear seat adjustment. The steering is not the best in the world, but have driven worse. Its fuel consumption around town about is 34mpg, on a long run it's in the 40s. For such a BIG car I'm impressed! It's a really great motorway cruiser, it gives no aches and pains when you get out, which is a real pleasure! It has so much technology built in, it's hard to get use to using it all. I love the tailgate opening when your hands are full by waving your foot underneath.

2.2 Titanium X

Great car. Big, comfortable, huge boot, every knob and whistle imaginable. I have also found it bulletproof in terms of reliability. You could pay twice as much for A Range Rover or Audi Q7 for less kit and less build quality. I love it.

Titanium Auto with Lux Pack

I've previously had two Kugas and very much enjoyed them. I saw the Edge in America and liked it. We bought ours the day they were launched over here. It's a much larger SUV than the Kuga with lots of interior space. It's easy to handle and very responsive. There's such a high level of equipment you need time to figure out how it all works. The lights/audible warning when you or another vehicle get close is excellent along with the proximity alarm all around the car. I've had to get used to people taking pictures of it but it's rather nice that it is so interesting to others. One fault with it is that a lot of road dirt builds up inside the lower edges of the rear doors. This is a known issue to Ford but they have done nothing about it. Overall we enjoy driving this car. It is smooth, comfortable and safe. Not a bad combination.

Not had it long enough to make a full assessment of this but no issues to date

Sits well on the road and handles positively. Not the fastest Ford but has enough speed plus with the optional sport mode it can move quickly when it needs too.

Not unhappy with the MPG given its size and weight. Two years interval for a service is also a plus

Power shift sport

Excellent sport SUV with modern styling that gets looks when out and about. It has very spacious cabin with good interior, mine is fully loaded with the lux pack including leather and full glass roof, tons of extras that would cost extra if was a BMW or Mercedes. Ford cars are very underrated compared to BMW etc especially on this website – people think that Ford is the working mans car but it's far from that. Ford are now snapping at the heals at the likes of BMW etc in terms of quality, and at a fraction of the cost. The Edge is definitely an alternative to an Evoque or BMW X3

Solid car with no rattles or squeaks

Quick off the mark, smooth comfortable drive

Average around town, don't do many long journeys