Hyundai Santa Fe owner reviews

"The Hyundai Santa Fe is a capable seven-seat family SUV that performs well across the board, but doesn't excel in any specific area"

• Brakes, Electrics, Suspension, Other (1 cases)

Premium SE Auto

Bought my 2016 Santa FE Premium SE Auto from main dealer around 18 months old, never had a Hyundai before and after a monumental amount of problems with a previous Ford I opted for the Santa Fe predominantly for the 5 year unlimited mileage warranty. The car is big, comfortable, very well equipped and most of all reliable - I have not had one issue with the car after 18 months of ownership and over 25,000 miles. The servicing is cheap and the dealers helpful (at least the local independent, not so much the 'chain' dealers such as Burrows or Evans Halshaw etc.). I was worried about the image of the brand but, since purchase Hyundai seem to be offering more exiting cars such as the i30N and new shape Santa Fe which hopefully to bring the brand further into the mainstream and people will 'want' a Hyundai (or Kia for that matter) rather than 'just' because they are well warranted. The quality of materials in the Santa Fe is decent but it's not got the design flair of a BMW, Audi or Merc but, when friends who have these cars regularly complain about the reliability problems or service costs I am happy with my choice and can forego the so called 'quality' of the premium brands. The only negative I have to report is the fuel consumption, I get around 28 mpg around town and 35 mpg on a decent run - a long way off the official figures and very similar to an old Volvo XC90 I had that was much heavier and had a larger engine? I am happy to recommend the Santa Fe based on my experience I will definitely be on the look out for a nearly new Santa Fe when it's time to change my car (at 5 years old with around 80,000 miles on it).
100% perfect to date.
Comfortable and quiet (it's no performance car - but if you want that don't buy a big SUV)?
Servicing very reasonable, mpg only average.

Premium SE

More than 5 years

Worst car we've ever owned, plagued by problems since we bought it brand new. Not cheap and very poor value for money compared to a "higher prestige" car - Intermittent starting problem for the first 2 years (required EMS ugrade - diagnosed after 5 visits to dealership) - Reversing camera failed due to water ingress (needed replacing) - Driver's door handle fell apart (needed replacing) - Boot door handle fell apart (needed replacing) - Central locking failed (expensive to fix) - Driving light failed (needed replacing) - Poor FM radio reception - Lacquer on alloy wheels flaking - Handbrake switch fell apart - Intermittent problem with climate control failing (still not diagnosed) - Suspension failure after 30,000 miles on paved roads We're sick of spending money on repairs and will go for a higher quality car next time. The only positive aspect about this car is the engine which is solid and reliable.