Kia Optima owner reviews

“The Kia Optima comes with plenty of equipment and the company’s excellent seven-year warranty”

• Electrics (1 cases)

''4' 1.7 CRDi 139bhp 7-speed auto DCT IS 4dr

We have the KIA Optima 1.7 CRDi 139bhp 7-speed auto DCT IS 4dr, very nice car to drive, full of spec , specious car, automatic gearbox works very good and smooth at the eco drive mode, but at the sport mode is very powerfully, I am very surprise of power from 1.7 diesel engine. but: I do not understand, we did so far 210mil at the city and we get 35.6mpg and up to 46mpg on motorway. !! so how do they get up tu 60mpg? any way car worth the money.

good space in side, front and back, smole access to the boot
very good, nice

city: up to 36mpg, motorway: up to 46mpg

1.5-2 litre, Diesel, Manual

2012

Absolutely brilliant , nothings gone wrong but if it does I've got a 7 year warranty!!!!!

Excellent 1.7 D engine

very economical - Stop and Go technology

3 ISG DCT

I bought an Optima to replace my sports car, as a new job position meant a V8 and a heavy manual weren't viable anymore on such a long journey with horrendous stop-start traffic twice a day. I wanted something cheap, stylish, safe and loaded with kit, the Kia seemed to fit the bill. There are a few niggles, like the drive computer not remembering my Auto Hold settings the next time I start the car, but nothing has been a deal breaker. Fantastic car. For the money it's no contest if you want a big family car.

Other family members own Kias, and I myself used to own a ProCeed GT. They're rock solid cars. My Optima feels like it will outlive me.

I'm coming from a 400+ horsepower V8, so the Optima initially felt alarmingly slow. Other family used to more sedate cars find it perfectly fine. Acceleration when you're already moving is quite punchy if you keep the engine in its 1500 to 3000rpm sweet-spot.
I'm stuck in a lot of stop-start traffic (it typically takes me an hour to do a paltry 16 miles). To average 43 mpg in those conditions is superb. On longer runs when the road is wide open, mid 50s are child's play. Not quite the 61mpg claimed, but 56 is still nothing to sniff at.

1.7 diesel automatic 5dr

Brilliant car. Smooth, quiet, spacious and efficient. It has Android Auto which is great for using Google Maps via my smartphone. I travel about 700 miles a week, a mixture of motorway and inner city driving and after 6500 miles am at 51 mpg. Seen as high as 58 mpg some days. My only complaint is a bit of turbo lag.

1.7crdi

Fantastic car. Higly Recommended

2.0 hybrid

I have the KIA Optima hybrid 2.0 150 hp in Jordan and it is a great car overall amazing fuel economy as well as its stylish looks both inside and out. Apart from one minor problem in the start stop system, it didn't disappoint me at all. I drive the car for over 850 km each week and never had a single problem. It is actually very comfortable on long distances and it has great legroom and headroom even for tall people. Moreover it has high spec options and safety kits.

1.5-2 litre, Diesel, Manual