Mitsubishi ASX owner reviews

"The Mitsubishi ASX is a tough and practical small SUV but a recent facelift can't fully disguise its advancing years"

• Brakes, Other (1 cases)
  • Engine (8 cases)
  • Electrics (6 cases)
  • Electrics, Engine, Other (1 cases)
  • Electrics, Engine (1 cases)
  • Brakes (2 cases)
  • Engine, Other (1 cases)
  • Brakes, Electrics, Engine, Gearbox / clutch (1 cases)

ASX 4 4wd. Diesel.

More than 5 years

Bought my car in 2012 when it was a year old. Since then it has covered 144,000 miles absolutely fault free. Yes, the original Dunlop tyres were noisy and suffered from shoulder wear, but that was cured by replacement Goodyears run at 2/3 psi higher. I like the looks of the vehicle - they have aged well - and the understated dashboard. Who wants shiny black plastic or chrome all over the place? It's pretty quick for an SUV, too. From 20mph in 5th, to over 100mph before changing gear. (Only abroad, of course). I see no reason to replace it. Mine is on the original clutch, original exhaust system, original battery, and original brake discs. Love it to bits!
No issues.
Very good.
Acceptable.

ASX2

Brilliant for rural life. Mine is an older model so all the problems are sorted out. It's basic, too, with no electronic gizmos. Well screwed together and durable. Good warranty, and a service plan for three years was thrown in when I bought mine. Respectable ride and performance, good economy, what more can you ask?

Diesel

This is a good car to drive and is comfortable. We have had a couple of minor niggles which when reported to the authorized dealer were treated in a dismissive fashion. But more importantly, shortly after its 3 year warranty period expired, and some time after the 3rd year service we had a brake problem which my local service garage identified a failed brake caliper. Mitsubishi response to a complaint was to direct me to the authorized dealer, this is the same one that missed the fault at the 3 year service so I did not entertain that suggestion. Overall a nice car to drive but I am pretty disgusted with Mitsubishi and their authorized dealer. I will be getting the car serviced elsewhere in the future.

We suffered a premature brake caliper fault shortly after the three year warranty period expired.

Drives well, excellent power surge when overtaking.
As expected

1.8D 3 Cleartec

More than 5 years

The ASX has power but is not particularly comfortable. Trying to get the right temperature inside the car has not been easy. It has the worst aircon system of any car I've owned. I've had problems with the DPF because I wasn't driving long enough journeys, so the fuel economy has been poor. The rain sensing wipers have a mind of their own. They come on as much in the dry as the wet. Oh how I wish there was an intermittent wiper setting. I've also experience rust -lots of it. Apparently (according to the local bodyshop) a manufacturing issue with corrosion coming from the inside, but Mitsubishi don't want to know. Head Office customer service is a misnomer. You have been warned!

1.8 d cleartec

I bought this car as an ex-demonstrator, I really liked the look and they were considerably cheaper than the equivalent cars out there at the time. Apart from the initial two recalls which were done free of charge and fell conveniently when the car was being serviced I have had no problems. For its size I feel it's really economical on insurance diesel and road tax. Initially I did ask the garage to look at the gearbox due to reading reviews and then being paranoid but it does seem to get smoother. I love it is comfortable and I have the ASX 3 which has plenty of spec. I have the 1.8 which drives well and has plenty of power when needed. I must confess for the money I think they're brilliant - yes, in comparison to the XC60 and others at £5-10k more - their build may be a little better but you are paying for that. The main letdown is the local dealers but another one is opening soon on my doorstep so hopefully this will change.

ASX4 1.8 Diesel

2011

I bought the ASX as a company car 3 1/2 years ago from Fife Mitsubishi. The car has preformed fairly well over the time, the service provided by the garage has always been first class. I have had a few problems, fly wheel on the alternator fell off one day (about 6,000 miles) which meant a trip on a recovery vehicle. The car was plagued with fuel filter problems which was common across the country, I even saw that some people had been asked to pay for them. Fife Mitsubishi never charged once for this problem. At 60,000 miles the turbo packed in (under warranty), again a trip on a recovery vehicle, although I must stress that both times it needed recovered I had made it home ok. I have found the tyre wear to be great, mind you the garage put on Continental mud and snow tyres at 26,000 miles (I had asked for a chunkier tyre), they have lasted me to 90,000 miles, only draw back is they give you a bid harder ride and are more noisy. The servicing is every 9,000 miles which makes it quite expensive, as the service costs are fairly high for this spec of vehicle. The one thing that has really disappointed me is the back-up provided by the manufacturer, for the first 7 services I had to return to the garage in between to get the fuel filter changed, the garage is 34 miles (round trip) for me plus the inconvenience not to mention the other problems above which meant me visiting the garage. Not once did the manufacturer offer any form of compensation, free service anything. Which is the one reason I would not buy another Mitsubishi. But I would use Fife Mitsubishi again as they sell other vehicles.

The first 63,000 miles meant 2 visits every 9,000 miles one for the fuel filter problem, the other to get a scheduled service.

Vehicle does preform well, good acceleration and overall performance. Reasonable fuel economy, I have found mine to be better now at 90,000 miles than it was at 30,000.

Fuel economy has been fine for me a do a 75 mile round trip every day, and a tank fuel last the whole week. Servicing costs are quite expensive and are required every 9,000 miles for the that is every 4 months.

ASX 4

I absolutely love the new changes made to the ASX 4. Not only does it have the stunning panoramic roof, which is a joy on a sunny day, but the 15 model year now comes with a DAB Kenwood unit as standard, a new funky design on the alloys and a sportier appearance. My partner is a high mileage user and he loves the comfort and ease in the drive. Brilliant car!!

We have only had this one a short while, but have had ASXs in the past. Always impressed with the reliability and durability and with the Mitsubishi Service plan, I am quids in with the servicing too.

This vehicle has a 1.8 engine, but I must admit I was more keen on the 2.2 automatic variant. Regretfully this would not have suited our requirements.

Currently on 44 mpg, which is not dissimilar from my well loved Vauxhall Astra.

1.6 petrol

2011

Having had 2 Ford C-MAXs, which were just fantastic cars all round, then changing to Honda Jazz 1.4EX, which was a disappointment, I was so to get back to some quality. The ASX is very well built, inside and out, the interior plastics are not poor quality at all....they are much better than the Honda and on a par with a VW (I've had 3) or indeed the Fords. The car has great road holding, quick acceleration, sits smooth and quiet at 80mph on the motorway and I am getting a good 40+mpg overall. The back seats fold flat with one button. Although I have the ASX2 it has more than enough toys to satisfy most. However, the main attraction of this super car is the fantastic value for money. I love it.

2012

Comes with the brand reputation a key factor in it's purchase

Estimated fuel in region Ł1200 & built in service pack to purchase price

asx 3, 1.6-litre to 1.9-litre, Diesel, Manual

2010

Its the most practical car that i,ve ever bought, also very economical,nice ride, gearbox not the quickest change, especially from 1st to 2nd. apart from that very pleased.

2011

One problem with PDF regen, software update required. Safety recall, additional clip & bracket required on steering wiring harness. Build quality no problem.

Averaging about 45 mpg around the doors, 48 mpg on a longer run. To-date not further costs.

3, 1.6-litre to 1.9-litre, Petrol, Manual

Superb in every respect.

About wh\at I expected.

ASX4, 1.6-litre to 1.9-litre, Diesel, Manual

2011

Mitsubishi are known for reliability which is why I stick with them. It's very well built and makes me feel safe.

It's as good as you can get for a car of this size.

asx 4, 1.6-litre to 1.9-litre, Diesel, Manual

2011

A recall which was dealt with well, no other issues

not quite as good MPG as expected

2011

Only niggling fault is the ipod connection does not work as the firmware is newer than the cars!

For short journeys every day the costs are quite reasonable

ASX 3, 1.6-litre to 1.9-litre, Petrol, Manual

2011

I have had NO reliability problems. I have had TWO recalls, 1 for ECU upgrade and 1 to have the steering wiring harness secured.

, 1.6-litre to 1.9-litre, Petrol, Manual

asx 3 clear tec, 1.6-litre to 1.9-litre, Diesel, Manual

2010

steering problem , had two recalls , suspension over bumps not good , poor seats , cat.converter cleaning system worked too often (used extra fuel )

fuel good , 40+++++ best 53 insurance expensive 500++++

DI-D, 1.6-litre to 1.9-litre, Diesel, Manual

2011

Top of the range french Instyle 1.8DID, 4wd, 1.6-litre to 1.9-litre, Diesel, Manual

2011

Its Japanese built Mitsubishi quality. What more can I say!

Brand new and soon due its first service so we'll see but I expect just reasonable service costs.

2010

So far no faults .Shut lines good , no raattles, nothing come off.

Real world brim to brim in some challenging town centre conditions and A roads is averaging 46mpg+

ASX 4, 1.6-litre to 1.9-litre, Diesel, Manual

2010

No reliability or build issues at all.

1.8 Diesel average 45mp, 10% below the announced figures which is about right for normal driving.

3, 1.6-litre to 1.9-litre, Diesel, Manual

12 months and no problem and build is first class

44 to the gallon

2018 2.2 auto diesel

Nice engine and gearbox. It's a solid car but but let down by the cheap plastics that squeak in certain temperatures. My last car was a Hyundai Tucson, the interior was far superior and nicely screwed together. The ASX is a very good car but it could be better.

1.8 Diesel series4

2011

I love this car. Aside from routine servicing, I don't seem to have to spend a penny on mechanics or repairs as problems never arise. It's an absolute joy to drive, I love the looks and all the extras.

100%

smooth quiet reliable powerful easy and a joy to drive

Good

ASX 4

2011

Such a frustrating car. In many ways I love it, unfortunately so many things are going wrong now it's embarrassing for a 7 year old car.

Lots of things started to go wrong from 5 years onwards
Decent pull and general perfomance
Decent, but fuel economy isn't so good around town

asx 4 1.8 diesel

Left it a little while before writing this. Was a bit worried having read some of the reviews especially around the dpf. Discussed this with the dealer who said don't use supermarket petrol and drive it hard when warm every couple of weeks and so far no problems. The good: Comfortable car, amazing spec for the price compared to competition. Have read the entertainment system was difficult to use, seems fantastic to me, may be the way my mind works? Bluetooth audio streaming from phone is much better than I imagined. Averaging about 45mpg in real terms. Easy to drive around city as well as on motorway. No problem parking it. Debated a remap for more power but it's pretty nippy so might not do that. The bad: road noise is there - will put on super quiet tyres when I change them and see if that helps. Body roll noticeable on country lanes - might be as this is my first SUV. It can take 20 secs for the radio to link to bluetooth - but that's no big deal. The auto windscreen wipers sometimes think it's raining... (push the wiper lever up and then back down - not really a problem) Overall: really decent car for the money. You can "buy a badge" for 10k more and yes it may be a better car but you paid 10k more so you should expect it to be. Would recommend - suits my needs.

1.6 ZC-H 4x4

50.3
Changed from a Yeti to an ASX 6 months ago. I tested drove the 2.2 diesel auto version along with the 1.6 diesel before purchasing and the 2.2 auto wasn't noticeably quicker for the extra £'s so I went for the cheaper 1.6 version manual. The performance is down from the 2.0ltr diesel of the Yeti but it is improving now its got a few thousand miles on it. Fuel economy is decent at over 50mpg for my daily 40 mile commute to work and my experience with diesel engine cars is that this will continue to improve as the engine eases off with miles.. The spec of my car (ZC-H) is way above a comparably priced SUV from other marques and to gain a Yeti etc in this spec would be several £1000's more. No issues with it up to now and happy with my purchase.

No issues so far.

Performance is fine and improving as the engine gets some miles on it. Just as quick as the much more expensive 2.2 auto.

Fuel economy is better than the Yeti and 50+ is easily achievable in the 4x4 version. Mitsubishi service plans are reasonably priced and a good way to budget for this.

ZC

We bought a new 1.6 petrol 115 HP ZC model. So far we have done 400 miles in a week with a mix of motorway and city driving. This car has sufficient power and is very smooth on motorways at 70mph. Steering is super light and smooth for city driving and manual gear shifting is smooth as well. Good clearance and multi link suspension help the ride a lot. It looks amazing as well in Amethyst black. It is very roomy in the back and has a good sized boot for a small family. Would highly recommend. Has a lot of standard features like electrically folding and heated mirrors, hill start assist and 16 inch alloys. The side mirrors are large like a proper SUV so makes it really easy to see. Overall we are extremely pleased and will update the review in 6 months with more feedback.

ASX 3 DID 1.8 4wd 150 HP 4 work

2012

My second ASX. Do not believe the trip computer, it is cuckoo and miles out! So many are falling for it! Do a refill against miles and you will find you struggle over 40mpg ever. DPF Regen's are far too regular and rob the car of power often in an awkward situation, even after all updates. Reliable otherwise and well-built if not a bit cheaply. Fairly comfortable and refined but no class leader. Will be my last Mitsubishi, dealers are poor and so is Mitsubishi's back-up. Servicing costs are ridiculous for a car of this spec, there are much better vehicles to spend your money on. I needed a van.

Needed a fuel filter modification. Battery changing. A re-map that's made no noticeable difference at all. Onboard computer is totally inaccurate.

Mine is 150hp version, goes well for a truck, but gruff and unrefined when pushed.

40mpg for 4wd, not too bad I suppose. Just nowhere near claimed or what the ridiculous trip computer is telling you, sometimes says high 60's, but really is 40 mpg. My tyres have been rotated as you should with any 4wd, and still on originals. Approx. 4-5mm after 31K. Edges gone a little, but not relevant as not part of required tread.

1.6 MIVEC ASX 3 2WD Manual (Petrol)

I love my ASX, high sitting position, feel secure, good reliability and economical

1.8 DID 2WD DIESEL

2011

Well, I am surprised at how many problems people seem to have. I bought my truck (as I like to call it) in December 2011, I was looking for a second hand vehicle initially but the deal I was offered on a new truck was too good to miss. I took a test car out for an hour and liked it so much I did the deal, and two weeks later I had the car. Early on I felt the gearbox was a bit notchy changing from first to second so I took it back for a check-up and we both agreed to give it some time, with 17k miles under its belt 2.5 years later I have to say it is a lot better but not as slick as it could be. That said it’s certainly not a concern. The car had a recall early 2012 for a wiring harness change and software update. At the last service the dealer updated the software again to reduce the number of DPF regens and the mpg went up with less regens. 17k miles show outer wear on front tyres but that is most likely to be extra power rather than wheel misalignment. Brakes are excellent, seats are comfortable, ride is good, plenty of rear leg room and the boot more than adequate, I can get two full sets of golf clubs in the back with trolleys with the parcel shelf removed. The service intervals are shorter than most cars but what’s stopping you changing the oil every six months, it won’t hurt it or invalidate your warranty, it will only improve it. Keep an eye on the oil level rising (not a problem now fewer regens) Road tax is reasonable at £140 This car is so good at what it does for the money I can’t believe there aren't more out there. My wife kept taking my car in preference to her new Fiesta in the end I swapped hers for a petrol 1.6 ASX2, she loves it but keeps telling me she wanted a white car not a black one again, she now wants to change it again for ASX3 diesel in white. My overall opinion of the car is that it does exactly what it says on the tin, it won’t suit everyone but try one and remember you get what you pay for, or in this car, more than you paid for.

1.6 Petrol ASX 2

The Build Quality Of The Mitsubishi new 2014 ASX is fantastic,its built to last,very quiet, a fantastically comfortable drive, levelling out bumps to make even a bad pothole bearable!!! The service intervals are 12000 miles or 12 months and we got a really good deal with 3 years servicing giving you one free service. Insurance £30 cheaper than our Kia Venga with Sheilas Wheels!!!! So the extra £95 on road tax (Vengas £30) makes it worthwhile and levels out with the free service. Paint finish and detail quality is superb, this car is the best kept secret!!! Plenty of storage space, the ASX we have purchased is the basic model, but what value for money compared with the competition, it looks better too!!! Got a great deal trading in the Venga and got £1200 more than webuyanycar.com from Harratts Of Barnsley, who were also brilliant!!!! It's a no brainer Japanese Engineering at its best,well priced with Mitsubishi overheads and strength of the pound against the Yen.............

2010

Car, now teething problems have been fixed, is reliable

Car is excellent but dirty engine means 9000 mile servicing I change the oil at 4000 to 5000 miles because of fuel contamination due to particulate filter regeneration

very good

very good

No problems so far

No problems in nearly 2 years motoring

Excellent mpg and very reasonable servicing costs

1.8 diesel 4

very pleased with the car so far.

good for the engine size

running costs cheap so far.

ASX4, 1.6-litre to 1.9-litre, Diesel, Manual

ASX 3, 1.6-litre to 1.9-litre, Diesel, Manual

2010

First gear is a bit low, and it would be good if the remote control shut open windows. Keyless operation is convenient. Very comfortable over rough surfaces. Diesel engine pulls well from 1200rpm

ASX4 4WD, 1.6-litre to 1.9-litre, Diesel, Manual

n/k, 1.6-litre to 1.9-litre, Diesel, Manual

Totally reliable

Very economical.

2010

Build quality feels and looks good. So far the car appears reliable (it's quite new).

Long journeys gave 40+ MPG. Tax is £110

clear tec, 1.6-litre to 1.9-litre, Petrol, Manual

2011

no problems starts first time every time

has start stop tecnowlogy

2010

Apart from initial problems with the dpf (universal, not manufacturer) I have been very happy with this car. Incredibly fun to drive, very powerful and well thought out.

The cars recent recall has seen my fuel consumption improve to over 50mpg - and that's mainly motorway & country lane driving! A little disappointed with the dunlops provided with the car - less than 10k before the front tyres needed replacing.

2010 Model engine 1.6 petrol

More than 5 years

I've having engine problems. Water mixing with oil has caused the engine to overheat, could be a head gasket issue.

Its a reliable car but never had such a problem with previous cars

Always had good performance

Economical

ASX3 1.6 leather

The motoring press have consistently dismissed this vehicle without justification. Mine hasn't had a single problem in 4 years, no recalls, just a good package with sufficient power for most needs, economical, good handling, comfortable ride but confident road manners. Every convenience most people would need. No sat nav, but so what? Nice interior and smooth exterior. Both are a matter of taste of course. We like it.

Not a snigle problem in 4 years
Sufficient for today's clogged roads. Could do with a turbo. Mitsubishi now has one in its new SUV.

Better than a comparable diesel

AWD

I've had issues with both my local Mitsubishi dealer and the car since I bought it. The first warning came when it needed two new tyres. These were ordered by the dealer but somehow they managed to fit someone else's, different make tyres by mistake, even although the ones I had ordered were in the stockroom. By the time the car was just over 2 years old there was an increasing amount of travel on the handbrake, which developed to the extent that it wouldn't hold the car on a moderate slope. This had not been picked up during servicing. This necessitated another trip to the garage to fit two new calipers due to issues caused by 'corrosion'. The car went in for its 3-year service recently and I was told that one of these new caliper units was faulty and leaking fluid. What really surprised me was that there are apparently no replacement calipers anywhere in the UK and no one can say when these will be available. I've also contacted Mitsubishi Customer Services who similarly have no information. I have had to leave the car at the garage and am left driving a Seat Mii as Mitsubishi are currently refusing to provide anything bigger.

1.6 5dr

Overall the ASX is a spacious vehicle and you get a lot of car for your money. Unfortunately, there is an unresolved, intrinsic problem with the front brakes. They make a high pitched squeaking noise when braking and the dealership have been unable to resolve this hugely irritating issue. Buyer beware.

1.8 DID 2WD

What a cracking car! I have been driving for over 45 years now, owning everything from the mundane to performance Alfa Romeos. The ASX is my first diesel car - I always thought petrol was superior, but I was wrong. The 1.8-litre diesel engine is a super performer along both country roads and motorway driving. It accelerates smoothly in all gears and in sixth on the motorway it goes from 60mph to 80+ very quickly. The motoring press reviews leave something to be desired, giving it 2.3 against the owners' 4.3, one of the highest scores for this class of SUV crossover. The car is a real looker. The full leather interior is very good, too. The ride is perfect. OK, going from first to second gear is a little notchy, now that is character not a fault. If you are after a practical car with a bit of style have a look at the ASX you may be presently suprised.

1.8 Did ASX3

2010

Bought as a pre-registered dealer demo. Comfortable seats, with a nice heating element for those cold winter mornings, and a smooth ride. The acceleration is there when you need it and the car has quite a bit of boot space, especially with the rear seats down. But that's where the good stuff ends. Fuel economy isn't as good as I'd hoped and the trip computer doesn't seem to be entirely accurate - it gives higher mpg readings than I actually achieve. The plastic interior doesn't do a lot for me. Not a patch on my wife's C3. The Auto Stop and Go has had an intermittent fault since buying the car, in that it sometimes doesn't activate. Been back 3 times to the dealer and they can't fix it. They saw the fault once and tried a software change, but unfortunately no change. I've given up there. Had an issue with high oil level. Dealer said it was fuel in the oil which can happen during dpf regeneration. They said to make sure I drive at high revs for a couple of hours occasionally and it should be fine. I pointed out my commute is 20mins on the motorway - I didn't plan to buy a car which I need to drive unnecessarily. Finally, only 9000 miles between services is poor. There are better cars out there.

1.8 Diesel ASX3 4WD

2012

Bought as a very low mileage demonstrator just over a year ago. Over 12000 miles the car has been totally reliable and is very economical to own. 45mpg, low tax and insurance. A practical, functional "under the radar" sort of car which is so far looking like an excellent ownership proposition.

2011

No issues with car so far

Accessories can be expensive

2012

Never had any problems so far copes well in snow and only had to use the 4 WD three times recently in heavy snow. Other wise start and runs really well.

Good fuel mileage, average around 44 miles per day to work and probably a further 240 miles running around total 460 miles a week Refill every Saturday with approximately 35 -38 ltrs . Feel this is better than previous cars

2011

It is a little sluggish until it is in 5th gear but then it drives smoothly. It has an automatic shut off when put into neutral which makes it more economical. I have had no problems with any parts. The paintwork isn't great. I have returned to my car on car parks and found people have opened their car doors against my car and has taken the paint off. I have never known this with any other car I have owned.

For an MPV, it is fairly economical but I do think it could be better. I previously owned a VW Polo which was very economical but I struggled getting in and out of it when I got spinal problems. In comparison, I am putting Ł30 more a month of petrol into the Mitsubishi ASX than I was for the Polo and yet doing the same mileage. I will look for a much more economical MPV next time.

54.9
I have had no problems with the car apat from it is sluggish on take off from stopping

For the size of the car, the size of the car, the running costs are reasonable. I fill the tank which costs me Ł72 and on a full tank and using motorway and urban roads I get around 530 miles from it. However, newer cars of various makes, are a lot more eco friendly and next time I will be looking at that

ASX suv, 1.6-litre to 1.9-litre, Petrol, Manual

ASX 3 , 1.6-litre to 1.9-litre, Diesel, Manual

2011

5 ecu remaps for various reasons from auto stop and go to regenration problems. Engine rattles. Ecu light staying on. frequent changing of the fuel filter. Recall for power steering wiring harness causing a break in circuit ti the ecu. Mitsubishi forced to exchange for another new asx as they could not work out why ecu light was staying on. New vehicle still has underling engine rattle and oil level tends to rise which I am told is down to water in the oil. Breaks are dreadfull with an unacceptable long stopping distance. Continual outside premature wear to front tyres. Condensation in both front headlights.

Short service intervals, fuel filter needs to be replaced before service is due and told this is not a warranty item. Does not get the estimated mpg advertised. Time the vehicle is off the road due to problems leeds to expense having to go the dealer and also having to pay for my insurance being switched over to a courtesy car. Front tyres have premature wear to outside edge.

cleartec, 1.6-litre to 1.9-litre, Hybrid/Alternative, Manual

2010

one recall, minor job, new bracket fitted too wire loom

convertrd to LPG, running cost very low

2011

So far, I haven't had a single issue, not even with the infamous DPF.

The fuel consumption is ridiculously low (considering the engine, and the size of the car), and the the service in Mitsubishi was way cheaper than what I used to pay for my other car (a VW).

Asx 4 4x4, 1.6-litre to 1.9-litre, Diesel, Manual

2010

Solid, no rattles, not showing age or mileage

Bought service pack with car so no worries, but service at 9k intervals a bit low.

2011

Only problem is the ipod won't connect due to firmware upgrade not being available

Costs less to run than my scenic did

1.6 Diesel 4wd

This is my second ASX. I previously owned the 1.8 147bhp ASX 3 diesel. I now own the 1.6 114bhp ASX 4wd. I am a little disappointed at the lack of power in the newer car as I can't seem to get the same MPG as I could from the 1.8 which seems crazy. It seems the powerband for the 1.6 is a lot narrower than the 1.8 so more gearchanges are required. I am hoping an ECU remap will bring back the power to somewhere near the other vehicle. The inbuilt satnav and entertainment system is wonderful with DAB radio and the panoramic glass roof with LED mood lighting is also a very nice touch. The reversing camera is rather good too and the new headlights seem to be a lot brighter. Overall I love the car and hopefully after a remap I will be in heaven.

Extremely reliable, never had an issue

Prefer the 147bhp 1.8 engine to the 114 bhp 1.6.

Very reasonable averaging 62mpg around town and 56 on a good run.

18 d-i-d asx4

Glad I ignored what the so called experts said about this car, do not hear any wind noise, took it for a long test drive on motorway to listen and heard nothing, very comfortable drive, has good driving position and seems a bit smaller than it's rivals without losing the space inside. Re. Economic driving: excellent, With being able to turn on/off 4x4 (not AWD) means u are in control in other words u can drive 2xwd or 70% x 30% wheel power or full 50 x 50. Have been driving this car for over 6 months and yet to find any faults. Some say it may seem basic/cheap inside but it has everything you need plus it has an xtra airbag for drivers legs under the steering wheel just in case !. it. In whole, a lot better than it's so called rivals. I just love driving it and owning it.

it starts, it drives (great)

as said before: it starts, it drives (great)
Can't figure out why it needs a service every 9000 miles but can't complain as would not leave a service for 2yrs as some cars advertise.

ASX 3 1.8 Diesel

I love this car. It is perfect for ever need. The fuel consumption is fab and it’s very easy to drive. The space inside is brilliant, easily fits my 2 step children with their child seats and all my shopping :) I find the car very easy to park and really does move when you put your foot down. Love this car and I would recommend it to anyone.

ASX4

Typical Mitsubishi, reliable, well made, it does what it says on the tin, can be a bit boring, but having run Mitsubishis since 1997, I find them totally reliable.

ASX black 4x4

2012

Plastic interior, smell of burning when reversing, recall on piston. Oil filter gone in first year. Paintwork terrible all chipped and they say it is wear and tear it is not even two years old and only 10,000 miles... Poor service. Sales people don't seem to be interested.
I don't trust the car rattles when changing gear from second to third have had it in garage 3 times but they say it is fine.........
Slides round corners.......wheels were not aligned properly so need new tyres after 10,000 miles not good
Ok

2WD 2L

This car is not smooth at all. RPM varies automatically, its noisy while it start,steering is too tight not the feel you are driving a power steering vehicle, braking is not smooth,its noisy while is accelerate.

2010

inlet vaves were out of phase at one point

NO PROBLEMS FOR FIRST 10K ALTHOUGH I WOULDN'T EXPECT THERE TO BE

EXCELLENT MPG, LOW EMISSIONS,LOW COST 3 YEAR SERVICE PLAN. LOW COST MITSUBISHI INSURANCE

2011

I have had no problems. One re-call for steering fix

I think they are acceptable

2010

Very practical and economical even though it is 4 wheel drive. Lokks good but not shure about the front end

Absolutley cracking