Volkswagen e-Golf hatchback owner reviews

“The VW e-Golf blends the famous hatchback’s usual virtues of classy looks, top-quality build and an upmarket image with zero-emissions, all-electric power”

100 e1f 35.8Kw

2019

It's the best car I've ever owned! I wanted a tesla, test drove one, loved it, but the price wasn't affordable. So, with Pixie (her name now), do I feel like I have gone for second best? Never! She is a well put together piece of kit, and looks amazing. All white, LED lights, she is a Golf through and through. This I think is what separates her from the BMW i3, the Renault Zoe and other weird looking EVs, She is a Golf. Yes the range is not world beating, 120 miles, but the price reflects this. I drive with a huge grin on my face, not caring about being stuck in traffic, burning through fuel, and money. My previous car was a Hyundai ix35 AWD, I have a 50-mile round trip in my weekday commute and weekends can be less or even more. That was costing me £60-65 a week (M6 peak hours) with the regenerative braking, I use 15 miles of charge for a 25 mile journey, who knew bad traffic could be good? but she takes the stress out of it for me. The build quality is second to none, absolutely faultless and is such a delight that my car obsessed 15-year old has put his name down to own her as his own when I finally move on. My first foray into electric vehicles and i can honestly say I would never go back to an ICE power plant!

First time, every time. No weather can stop her.

It nearly took my eyebrows off the first time I slammed my foot down. and great uptake from 50-70, safe overtaking everytime.

Costs buttons to charge overnight

e-Golf 136 hp

Best car I ever had in 30 years. Silence, power, luxury, space and a convenient car boot like a normal Golf. If you do short-distance trips about 100 miles daily (which was our use) it's ideal, even in winter with the heat pump a higher tyre pressure. If you can recharge it during small breaks 250 miles daily are quite as easy. Further distances need patience and a quicker charger. It is recommended to home charge overnight. Some people have range anxiety - not knowing where they will charge an electric car, but we felt just the opposite: in winter we were always confident it wouldn't let us down and our neighbours had trouble with their combustion engined cars at low temperature. I even cancelled my ID3 order, because the ID3 looks so cheap inside (I saw it at an exhibition) and the additional range is finally not necessary for my use.