In-depth reviews

Alfa Romeo Giulia owner reviews

"The Alfa Romeo Giulia is a stylish, luxurious and great-to-drive alternative to established executive saloons like the BMW 3 Series and Mercedes C-Class"

Price
£33,044 - £80,524

Veloce

I love this car for its 280bhp petrol engine and its superb drive. Great styling from all angles, excellent job Alfa! My previous cars have been a 7-Series, 5-Series, E-class, A4 etc and this is so much more fun. No complaints, except heated seats are not brilliant and the sharp assisted braking makes me feel it's more likely to be involved in a rear ended collision.

Veloce

I've just bought my Veloce. What an amazing car. Having test driven all the main competitors cars of similar or greater spec, the Alfa felt the most fun and engaging to drive. Get one, you won’t be disappointed.

2.0 Petrol Veloce

This is my fifth Alfa Romeo. I am smitten to the point where i will probably never buy another make of car in my life, so this review is more than a little biased. I was delighted with the Giulia from the first moment I drove it. I find it practical, extremely comfortable and a good looking car. Performance is what I would have expected from an Alfa - quick if you need it, corners really well and the gearbox, 8-speed, really surprised me by how smooth it is. The safety features seem up to the mark and the controls are all very sensibly set out. And it's an Alfa Romeo!

2.2 spezial

1917

I have only owned this car for 3 months but I am already tempted to say that it is the most pleasurable motoring experience that I have owned in my long driving career. Apart from being a head turner it offers a great driving experience. And this is the diesel! I have long driven the bms mercs of this wold but at last something different. This car is the business.

I was a territory manager for over 35 years drove over 1000 miles a week, got my pick of cars every 2 years. I have driven BMW MERC Audi but the new Giulia in my opinion beats them all. Its a real driver's car, so much so I have joined the Alfa Romeo club

Veloce

I'm only two months in but I’m really pleased with my Giulia Veloce and find it a much more exciting car to own and drive than the Audis and Mercedes' I've had before. Yes, some of the interior plastics aren’t quite up there with Audi (they're closer to an older E-Class Merc) but it has a spirit and feel that others simply don’t have. Even the daily commute is much more fun and the design is sublime. More people enquired about it in the first week than batted an eyelid over my Audi in four years.

No problems at all.

Brilliant; feels much quicker than the official figures.

Seems fine and in line with competing cars that I have owned and run.

Speciale 180 Diesel

A year in and 26000 miles covered. Having owned BMWs and Mercs in the past, in the main for business use, it was certainly a leap in the dark when opting for the Alfa. What can I say? Overall its been superb. The diesel engine mated tot he 8 speed ZF box is a delight. The only downside is the fact that being leased , I have to travel 140 miles to my nearest approved dealer for basic servicing. A few small niggles. The fuel filler cap became warped in the colder months but since the weather has improved its now flush again! Strange.Interior plastics are a bit 'cheap' in places e.g. the door pockets but as before, a cracking car. Go for it, stand out from the bland BMW options!

Veloce

I gave a brief review above when I first purchased my car In Jan 2018. After 18 months of ownership I can say that this is by far the best car I’ve owned. Zero issues, fantastic handling and performance, pretty good economy for a car with 280bhp (averaged 35mpg over 25000 miles, but can get 43mpg on a 300 mile motorway journey). Love the DNA system, each setting actually has a purpose, Dynamic setting in Manual mode is just brilliant. Prefer driving it to my manual Porsche Boxster. If you like driving, buy one, you won’t be disappointed.

Excellent reliability- no issues

Fantastic performance, handling and ride. You don’t need more on the road. 8 speed auto box is excellent and manual mode is brilliant.

Better than expected. Very pleased