Audi A4 owner reviews

"The Audi A4 is a comfortable and economical executive saloon with a stylish, technology-laden interior"

• Electrics, Engine, Suspension, Other (1 cases)

3.0 TDI V6 272 PS Quattro

Brilliantly finished with understated looks and quality interior - doesn't have the same aggressive look as a BMW 3 Series but I guess that's more a thing of preference. Despite the amount of power, this car is a brilliant cruiser but throw it into dynamic mode and flick the gear leaver south in to sport mode and it gives a pleasant noise for a Diesel engine and shifts better than most hot hatches. I've been a BMW driver for a number of years and this is the first Audi I've bought but I must say there's no regrets. Yes the BMW does have a slightly more spotty feel but I don't drive on tracks - for UK roads I can't fault the Audi (although I took out sports suspension for dynamic comfort suspension). Cars are definitely a thing of preference and I've always been a BMW man but this Audi has more than pleasantly surprised me - I'm keen to look at S & RS options for my sporty family car as opposed to the M of BMW!

3.0 TDI V6 272 PS Quattro

Brilliantly finished with understated looks and quality interior - doesn't have the same aggressive look as a BMW 3 Series but I guess that's more a thing of preference. Despite the amount of power, this car is a brilliant cruiser but throw it into dynamic mode and flick the gear leaver south in to sport mode and it gives a pleasant noise for a diesel engine and shifts better than most hot hatches. I've been a BMW driver for a number of years and this is the first Audi I've bought but I must say there's no regrets. Yes the BMW does have a slightly more sporty feel but I don't drive on tracks - for UK roads I can't fault the Audi (although I took out sports suspension for dynamic comfort suspension). Cars are definitely a thing of preference and I've always been a BMW man but this Audi has more than pleasantly surprised me - I'm keen to look at S & RS options for my sporty family car as opposed to the M of BMW!

2.0 TDI S-Line Black Edition

2012

I brought this car in 2015, I originally purchased it because it felt great to drive, the mpg was good for the journeys I was doing and it looked great been as it was the black edition. Everything apart from the issue I'll talk about below has been great with the car, but for this reason I wouldn't want to purchase this car again. Only after having this car less than 9 months (3 years old) the lacquer off the front bumper started peeling in every place imaginable! I took it back to the garage I bought it from and reluctantly had the bumper resprayed. About 2 months after that again lacquer started peeling off the bonnet, rear bumper, front wings and door panel. Obviously not happy about this I again took it back to the garage and they down right refused to do anything about it, saying I should contact Audi. A couple of days later I did, I sent an email to audi customer support...no reply. So I sent another email...yet again no reply. I then called and they told me to take the vehicle to an Audi dealership to sort out, so when all the vehicles had a voluntary recall I took the car in to the Stafford Audi garage and spoke to a sales rep...he said "don't worry I'll get the guys to take a look at it", when I went to collect it this sales rep was nowhere to be seen and no one was able to answer my question on the paintwork, the only response I got was call back tomorrow to speak to him and he should be in. So I called back and was told he's not in at the moment and they'll get him to call me back later on. As I expected I got no phone call, no email. I'll be honest, the service I've (not) received from Audi's staff is pretty disgusting, I came in with a genuine issue with the car that shouldn't really happen on a 3 year old car to be batted around and ignored because, i'm guessing no one wanted to have to deal with the problem. It's pretty clear customers are not valued from Audi as a whole.

1.4T Sport

I reverted to a petrol engine this year after 15 years of driving diesel cars and at the same time, downsized to the 1.4Tfsi version, with much apprehension over its power adequacy. I need not have worried as with the lightweight body of the new car and 150ps, power is more than adequate. Fuel economy is improving all the while, having averaged 55 on a 100 mile trip this week (albeit having driven it very gently in the early hours of the morning). The big difference to diesels is refinement, which is brilliant. Other than some road noise, the car is incredibly quiet and in contrast to a previous 2008 model A4 S Line I ran for 3 years, there are no creaks or rattles. Over the old model, the interior and ride quality are also miles ahead. Practicality is excellent (small glove box aside) with good legroom. Tech is more than adequate for my needs and my only disappointment surrounds the seat coverings, which have a bit of a shiny, nylon look to them. It would have also been nice to have had lumbar adjustment and some electric control and heated seats. Could do with some hooks for shopping bags in the boot, as my old A4 has. An impressive package, even if it does not set the pulse racing to look at or drive.

No faults, although media can sometimes stall for some minutes when loading.
Surprisingly strong performer

Cost effective to insure and mpg improving all the time (now covered 3k miles).

1.4 tfsi

First got it at the beginning of March everything seemed ok until the second day I had it. The keys weren't working flashing up on the dash when I tried starting it the dash showed 'key not recognised' or they would not lock or unlock the car. I've also got a child lock malfunction, which is a big deal to me as I have my brothers and sister kids in the car - one is a newborn. Took the car straight back to Audi Sheffield where I said I wanted to reject the car as there’s a safety issue and I lost confidence in the car. Audi Sheffield replied “you don't want to reject the car because of safety issues it’s cause I don’t like it” which is disgusting as it’s a new born baby’s life at risk. So they blanked me about that kept calling me a liar and just fixed the car and gave it back after I got it back it wasn’t long till it went on again another 3 times due to the keys not locking or unlocking and even failing to start the car and yet again Audi Sheffield would ignore everything I would say and just say “it’s the batteries that are dead, we've replaced them and it works fine”. Far from it, the batteries don’t just die in 2-3 weeks - also the car has cut out fully while driving, hand brake not applying when it says it has so it rolls away when u get out, radio started not picking stations up and my windows stopped working so again I wanted my car rejecting and Audi said “these are not fault” so yet again completely ignored me and then a cracking sound developed in the foot well so went back to Audi again which the keys batteries dead again to, to find out it’s the welding of body panels that have split and moving this costs almost £4000 to fix for them and still not good enough to reject the car and the batteries in the key were replaced once again and still not working properly. Plus handbrake still not applying every now and then so worst car and dealer I have ever dealt with do not buy from Sheffield Audi if you're wanting to save money.