In-depth reviews

Audi A6 owner reviews

"The sleek Audi A6 looks familiar, but there's cutting-edge technology under the surface"

Price
£37,265 - £77,790

• Gearbox / clutch, Other (1 cases)

190ps 2.0 diesel quattro Black Edition

A fantastic car, luxurious, well built. Nippy enough to not have to floor the gas, more power than most would need. Lots of grip taking corners quickly, sure footed. Looks great, feels great, no problems except the fuel door cap thing got stuck and Audi sorted it. Use comfort mode, don't bother with economy - no power, and dynamic - too eager. Buy the car, you will be happy.

S Line 40 diesel

I like the car it hands well and one of my main reason for buying it was the touch screen displays (previous car was E-class and feels old fashioned) It's generally been good but gear change is not as good as my old E-class. I had a big problem with the touch screen display not working correctly. Now the satnav does not work and other elements work sporadically. Audi at first said a fix would but later said there was no fix as yet and I would just have to wait with no time scale. Sometimes both screens just stop working so no SatNav/ radio / heating / Audi safety features etc. Probably the worst customer service experience I have ever had when I have bought a new car. My honest advice is look elsewhere.

3.0TD 272 SE

Absolutely no problems to date. In short I was after a comfortable V6 diesel automatic. I'm very happy running around locally and getting 36mpg. The diesel Leon I had before used to achieve 43mpg. As already mentioned by a previous poster, 50mpg is achievable nursing it on a run. 52mpg is the best I have achieved 'just to see' on a 100mile motorway run. There is a definite reason I chose the SE spec and that is purely down to comfort and the smaller 17-inch rims. In simplistic terms, all you are paying for in an S Line and Black edition is mainly aesthetics, body kit and wheels. Possibly too simplistic I know, but go down the brochure and see what you are paying the extra for. This SE version has the Technology pack plus the Parking pack amongst other things. So loads of toys, cheaper that S line to buy and a lot more comfortable on Britain's poor roads. The 268bhp in SE form is a definite wolf in sheep's clothing. 0-60 in 5.3 seconds in stock form and stage 1 mapped comes in at 333bhp. Always go to a quality VAG mapper. You will surprise many a driver in your 'grandad' non-sporty looking saloon. Inside the cabin lacks storage for such a large car. Even the passenger glovebox is pathetically shallow. I find the MMI system quite good and have been happy fiddling around with it when needs to. However, I'm not overly fussed about gadgets for gadgets sake. In a nutshell, I have been pleasantly surprised by this vehicle. Very comfortable, pretty quick and on top of that, economical too relatively speaking of course. All cars to me are tools and as a day to day motor, I can't really fault it.