In-depth reviews

Audi Q2 owner reviews

"The Audi Q2 takes the small SUV class upmarket, boasting a luxurious interior along with style and practicality"

Price
£21,795 - £44,130

1.4 TFSI

The Q2 is quick, stylish and economical, great for up to four adults, and a pleasure to drive. A 1,000 mile road trip to Ireland showed the car’s qualities, comfort and reliability, with the Sat nav doing its job expertly through England, Wales and then the Emerald Isle. The car itself is of course well-built, the paintwork is as new, the interior well-finished, suspension is maybe a little hard, but you get used to it. Performance is excellent, it accelerates swiftly, although wheel-spin is too easy from a standing start. It turns heads, mine is still a new model and the different colour panels at the back do catch the eye. I think it was a good price, not a cheap car, but it is high quality. I won’t be changing it any time soon.

Just over a year old, and it hasn’t missed a beat.

Excellent performance, it accelerates quickly and smoothly, and is as fast as you want it to be

Great on fuel, depending on how it is driven of course. Insurance was less than my previous car, so a nice surprise there. I’m told it will hold its value well, and I have no reason to doubt that.

We

Bought my Audi Q2 new, I can’t fault anything it’s a 1.4 petrol with a 0-62 time of 8.5 seconds. Which is plenty fast enough for my needs and lovely car to drive. I had a new A4 Avant as a courtesy car while mine was being serviced and I couldn’t wait to get the Q2 back, I didn’t like big alloys and low profile tyres which seemed to make the A4's ride noisy and bumpy. I won’t be changing my Q2 anytime soon thoroughly recommend.
    Can’t fault it had no problems in 30 months of ownership.

0.62 in8.5 seconds and 130 top speed plenty fast enough for most people
    Can’t fault running costs although Audi services are a bit pricey

1.5 TFSI

2019

I slightly nervously came out of my "do anything, go anywhere" Audi A6 3.0-litre TDI Allroad, into the Q2 as a greener/technology refresh leap of faith. Audi always have that slight cache over other normal consumer brands for me and phew....I was not disappointed. The very first week consisted of a 650mile road trip to Devon with its farm tracks and ultra narrow green lanes, plus long motorway stretches to reach and this front wheel drive version performed admirably. Interior of the S-Line, white, 8000 miles ex-demonstrator (I saved appx 25%) is sublime and solid with great connectivity including free data SIM for Audi connect and fab integration with the likes of Spotify. On one specifically smooth motorway run, recently I got up to 52mpg average also and it's no slouch when you need it. I also hid all my traditional emergency gubbins under the surprisingly deep boot floor. So is it a city only mini-SUV? Oh no it's much, much more.

I have had an A1 and more recently a Q3 and have been more than satisfied with Audi. My current Q2 I bought as a "Demonstrator" with just over 3,000 miles; it had around £4,000 of extras (including a beautiful Crystal Ara Blue paint finish) - making it a very desirable car. I have been driving for over 50 years - and have consistently been very happy with Audi. My Q2 is a beautiful car to drive; it's a little smaller than my Q3 but feels as big on the inside. The 1.4 Tfsi engine is faster than any car that I've driven - since my 1987 Golf GTI; 8.5 secs 0-62mph - and still fairly "frugal", giving around 45mpg with mainly urban driving and a weekly motorway journey of around 70 miles. Its variable interior LED coloured lighting "highlighting" is attractive and appears "upmarket" in a youthful way. It drives comfortably, even with 18" wheels, especially if their pressures are set at "comfort" settings. "Drive" settings can be varied between Comfort, Economy, Sport or Auto (which adjusts to my driving style). I leave my selection in the latter. Interior and boot space is excellent - and suits my needs - as a retired couple with no more than four adults on board at any time. The car can be personalized more than any car that I have ever owned! It "stands-out" without being "outlandish" - and has been commended by all my family and acquaintances; especially it's modern design and colour.I love it - even though I only have it less than two weeks. Highly recommended.

Only owned for less than two weeks - but if is anything like my previous A1 and Q3 - should be excellent - as neither had any problems over two years+. No problems to date.

Excellent. As good as my former VW GTI Golf (1988). Handles accurately and safely.
    Too early to say - but should be with the 1.4 (4/2 cylinder configuration). Insurance is cheaper than my 2 litre Q3.

Recommended