In-depth reviews

Hyundai Tucson owner reviews

“The Hyundai Tucson offers families a functional and desirable SUV at a sensible price”

• Engine (2 cases)
  • Electrics, Other (1 cases)
  • Electrics, Gearbox / clutch, Suspension, Other (1 cases)
  • Brakes, Electrics, Gearbox / clutch (1 cases)
  • Brakes (1 cases)
  • Engine, Gearbox / clutch (1 cases)

1.6 GDI SE NAV

A decent car all round, well equipped, with a big boot and loads of space for passengers. The petrol engine is a bit sluggish but it gets going once it gets up the rev range. The fuel economy isn't that good – it costs me around £70 to fill and gives me 400 miles range. That said, it's quite good on motorways. I did a 150 mile trip and it only used 90 miles worth of fuel.

2.0 (134) tdci auto premium se

Loads of safety features. This is a really good spec car. I love having a full size spare wheel and use the panoramic sun roof frequently. I am six foot tall and it fits me like a glove. Very comfortable - happily drive for four hours non stop. Sat nav works well and the stereo quality is good - I usually play a USB stick with random track selection. Build quality pretty good. Everything still working after 8 months and no annoying rattles yet! After 2500 miles I am getting 45mpg on a long run and 39 on shorter B road journeys so no complaints about fuel economy and insurance very reasonable too as is the five year fixed price servicing deal. Overall very pleased with it and looking forward to many years of pleasant journeys.

Nothing has gone wrong yet
I chose the 134 ps engine version with auto gearbox so it isn't going to break the land speed record but I am more than happy with my choice and it's performance

45 mpg on a long run £156 to insure FC for 6000 miles Fixed service cost of £800 for 5 years Full warranty and breakdown cover for 5 years Overall good vfm for such a comfortable car.

2.0 automatic Premium Diesel

To say the least I'm very pleased with my decision to buy my first Hyundai. For many years now I've had Honda CRV's all of which have been Automatic Petrol top of the range models. My Tucson is the top of the range Premium Automatic Diesel with the smaller 136 BHP. The car is fitted with plenty of useful toys including a fully opening roof. The Automatic gear box reacts very well. The build quality is superb. Access/ egress to front and rear seats is effortless. Considering how much this model costs, I would have thought that Hyundai would gave fitted heaters to the door wing mirrors and yes like other reviews the front screen de-icing could be better. Other than that I'm really pleased that I bought my first Hyundai and it won't be my last

4WD Premium SE Petrol Auto

Took a little persuading that the petrol engine would be a good choice, but now I have it, I love it! It was £2000 cheaper than the equivalent diesel and for the annual mileage I normally do the lower mpg is not really a problem. The engine/auto box combination is sweet, and the huge number of gizmos on the top level spec is terrific. The 5 year warranty and the 5 year service plan I took out give confidence and peace of mind. I heartily recommend this car as an excellent buy.

1.7 se nav deisel

excellent car with plenty of boys toys, great handling on the motorway. One of the best I have driven, the only drawback is the poor mileage, nothing like the advertised amount.
very good cannot fault the reliability

handling on motorway and tight countryroads excellent, slightly sluggish on pulling away at traffic lights but when moving very good acceleration

the advertised mileage was 60+,i am getting around 35 on a motorway run. very poor for a 1.7 diesel

5dr

Lives up to expectation in all respects. No problems thus far. You get what it says on the label. I am 72years of age and needed a vehicle that you could slide into. Having changed from an Audi A6 S line the comfort of the Tucson is very much appreciated.

1.6 Diesel SUV

Have owned Hyundais for over 15 years, Tuscons, i30, and an ix35. All previous Hyundais were new or had delivery miles, all of which covered 40,000 plus without problems. Then bought this nightmare new type Tucson. A non-ad blue version. Having owned it for only 5 months, was bought from main Hyundai Dealer, was used as a demo and courtesy car with, only 13000 miles. Covered about 4500 miles, then on first frosty mornings would not start and when it did, the sound of the engine was like bigs ends gone, erratic tick over. Took it back, where they reported the injectors were faulty and also some glow plugs needed replacement. Then the dealer had to get permission from Hyundai to replace the faulty parts because of cost with three and half years warranty to run. The car been away about a week and a half now. When I go to collect it I will be asking plenty of questions, Why and what about the rest of the injectors and glow plugs. After all, if some go the rest will go. Who was putting what into the tank before I got it. As I have googled this problem on this model. I seem to be the first? Lost all faith in the Hyundai Brand. Will never feel happy with this car.

IX35 Pano AWD 2.0D

I have owned this car for 6 weeks and so far, bar a couple of niggles, I am very happy with it. It has the usual poor MPG, but as we don't really do high miles, I can live with that. About a week after buying the car the tyre pressure monitoring light came on, I checked the pressures and the O/S/R was only 21psi. I pumped it up and the light went out after about 30 mins driving, as it should. The rear camera stopped working after 2 weeks and Hyundai Bolton resolved that issue under the warranty. While the car was there they noticed a nail in the aforementioned tyre, this again they resolved for free (Great Service). I love this car, it has all the extras and toys that you could ever want. Build quality is quite good as well. My other car is a Mercedes AMG Sportline 2.0 Estate, so the build is never going to be as good at that, but as they say, "You get what you pay for". The boot is big enough for my 2 medium sized dogs and there is loads of rear leg room behind me (I am 6 feet 2).

2l diesel 4x4 6 speed auto

Bought back in December 2018, thought I would try it for a few months prior to reviewing it. Good points: The car is very comfortable, the electric lumbar support is a very well considered feature. And the seats themselves are lovely and supportive. The power from the 2-litre diesel is never ending. In Sport mode it's an absolute beast. Infotainment system is as good as you'll get for the money and is miles ahead of anything on offer from the likes of Mazda or Nissan. Very clear graphics and no lag when selecting functions using the touchscreen. Loads of room inside, even for rear passengers the leg room is better than expected. The boot is like a storage shed, and there isn't any load lip to pull stuff over. Great stereo. Not so good points: Spare tyre does not have any TPMS sensor fitted, so even though it's a proper full-sized alloy, you can't use it to swap out one of the road wheels. Hyundai currently charge £128 for a TPMS sensor, despite them being available elsewhere for £88. So if you need one for whatever reason (tyre fitters seem to break these for a hobby) don't go back to Hyundai. 20,000-mile service intervals are nonsense. Don't believe a word Hyundai tell you. If you want to keep the car out of the garage you need to service it properly. An air filter at 20,000 miles would look like a tray of mud! And that won't do your engine any good. The paint scratches very, very easily. And the flat front seems to pick up stone chips way too easily too. There are way too many audible warning chimes. The ice warning in particular is too loud and always unexpected. Overall, it seems great though. The six-speed auto is a perfect match to the 2-litre diesel. Tyre wear seems moderate on the spec Ventus Primes. 1.6mm after 9,500 miles, should get 24,000 miles from a set, which is about 5,000 more than I was expecting. Looks stunning from any angle.

No issues so far.

Phenomenal.

As expected.

1.7 Diesel Blue Drive Go Edition

I chose this on a 3 year lease deal because of its impressive fuel economy claims which I now know to be impossible to achieve. The claimed 60+ mpg is actually 43 based on adaily commute on a 60mph A-road with no traffic for 35 miles, which should give a fair result. The interior quality is awful – plastic, plastic and more plastic, the sat nav and general displays seem tacky, too. But worst of all is the very vague, soft steering. It feels like driving on an icy road or with overinflated tyres. I have nothing positive to say about this car. Roll on 3 years being up.
too soon to say. But with this warranty I really am not concerned.

Soft and vague steering, slow to react, floaty feel.

Very poor

1.7 premium se

1.6 132PS Petrol Blue Drive 2WD Manual

Stay away from this engine option. I barely achieved 30mpg combined on mostly motorway driving. Had to drive extremely sensibly to bring the average mpg to 31.7 mpg in the last 50miles of the 600 mile long journey. It seems very expensive to run the 1.6-litre version. Apart from that, the entry level is ok, very uncomfortable seats but plenty of storage space, good size boot as well. Looks amazing from the outside, but the interior seriously lacks character

2 litre 185bhp

Great family car with excellent 5 year warranty. Drives well, and the Premium SE is fully loaded. Excellent value

Premium SE

I was leasing several cars before I bought the Tucson, so drove the ix35 and Qashqai quite a lot (hundreds of miles). The Nissan handles really well and the 1.5 is punchier than the 1.7 Tucson but I felt the Tucson interior felt a lot nicer (despite the reviews) and I could compensate for the performance by just going for the 2.0 Diesel. Overall very very happy, I had to drop down a notch on the spec as I'm very tall and the panoramic roof reduces the ceiling height just enough for my head to hit it! The toys are fantastic, it has pretty much everything I could want + delivery was super quick too as they make a standard line of specs/engines/colours. On the Nissan the blind spot alert is just an led light which looks like a cheap after thought, on the Tucson it's built into the wing mirror itself and is a little car shaped symbol which just looks classier I think. Everything is put together very nicely + a 5 year warranty to boot!

1.7 SE Nav

Chose this against rivals due to larger boot which makes good use of the space, as does the cabin. Great ride and overall vfm . In my opinion the best styled small SUV. Looks great in black.

Early days but last car, not a Hyundai, had had a hiccup by now

Great
Probably not the best in class but as good as my last diesel estate

2.0 CRDI 185PS (182bhp) SE Nav 4WD Automatic

I have had the new Tucson for a month now and covered 1,200 miles. Overall it's a very comfortable car with plenty of power under the right foot. Unlike the Carbuyer review, I wouldn't say the automatic gearbox was sluggish at all. In fact it is positively brisk especially if put into 'Sport' mode. Although the mpg was pretty dire to start with, once over the 1k miles it has loosened up a bit and on a long motorway run at 65mph was returning a decent 47mpg according to the onboard gauge. Doing a brim to brim test with the diesel returned a similar figure. Driving it with some spirit does lower the mpg to around 43mpg, but it is a relaxed drive, particularly with the cruise control switched on. Although mine is the mid range trim level it does come with a lot of kit as standard. Although the lane departure feature can be somewhat disconcerting when it tries to take over the steering of the car, on motorways it does work extremely well. The boot can swallow up a decent volume of stuff (more than my previous Qashqai) and it has a fairly regular shape. Overall I am very pleased with it and, for the price, affords a good balance between price and kit.

So far the Tucson has performed faultlessly. All the kit works and the build quality is superb.

The 185PS (182bhp) engine begs to be given a good run and it is brisk as well as quiet. Only when accelerating hard can one tell it is a diesel as otherwise it is as quiet as a church mouse. I did test drive both the 136PS version and the 185 PS versions of the same engine. Whilst the lower powered engine may be suitable for trugging around town with the occasional trip on a faster road, the 185PS engine comes into its own when full loaded and climbing up hill or making brisk progress on the motorway.
If driven like Miss Daisy then a decent rate of return can be obtained once the vehicle has passed its first 1,000 miles. However the 185PS engine just begs to be worked which does knock the mpg down accordingly but still pretty good overall.

After first 750 miles average mpg on low power 2-litre diesel 4x4 auto is just 29 in town and 35mpg on A-roads and some motorways. Needs wi-fi phone to make sat-nav work for things like speed cameras and most POI. Seats very good, everything else good apart from above on car costing £32k not quite up to the mark.

N Line 1.6tgdi

2019

I love this car. It looks great, and it's always getting compliments. It drives superb too, so good in fact, that I actually enjoy driving again. I regret not specifying full LED headlights and I find the MPG quite poor, but I still wouldn't swap it! In shadow grey, it looks awesome - especially with 19" alloy wheels.

N Line Sport 1.6GDi Auto petrol

2019

Great car, very pleased with it. Bought new on retirement having driven over 30 cars in my sales career driving 30k+ miles per year. Bought petrol after 12 years with diesels, due to increasing air pollution issues from CO2. Trade off is less good fuel economy, however this is a great power-plant and with its turbocharger puts out 177 bhp. For a quite a heavy car, I don't think mid-30s mpg average is bad and we've had nearly 39mpg on several longer (200mile) trips. An extremely comfortable car to drive and handles well for an SUV. The auto box is very response and in Sport mode gives off a nice growl under hard acceleration No issues so far in almost 5000 miles in as many months. My wife has a 14 year old Hyundai Coupe from new which has never missed a beat, and this experience informed our decision to buy Hyundai again-along with the great 5 year unlimited warranty. I'm happy to recommend this car.

Very good so far
Feels more like a smooth 2.0 litre than a 1.6. Very quiet, responsive and good torque when overtaking.
Takes c£70-£75 to fill the tank from empty. A full tank range is c 420-450 miles.

2-litre diesel 4x4 six-speed auto

I bought my Hyundai Tucson from a main dealer in late 2015 with less than 25,000 miles on the clock. The car is fantastic; in Sport mode it accelerates like a rocket - for a car of this size it can really move. The cabin is a nice place to be; OK, it's not a Mercedes but it's not bad at all. I love the layout of the controls and having all the drive mode switches next to the gear stick is great (I'm looking at you Mercedes). I love how the cabin looks at night, everything bathed in soft blue light from the instrument cluster and switches. The six-speed auto is old tech now, but it's as reliable as a spanner, even if the gear change is a little sloppy. Hyundai in America are ditching the seven-speed DCT in favour of the old torque converters, apparently there have been massive recalls and they have proved generally troublesome. The infotainment system is pretty good. It’s annoying that I can't mute the stereo when starting the car but otherwise fine. The speakers are very good, with excellent bass. I average 44mpg on the motorway when cruising at 70mph, which is pretty good for a car of this size, especially considering it's an auto and in Sport mode. Around the back roads it's at about 35mpg, I can't tell you about urban mpg as I don't go anywhere near the city. The ability to switch the auto transmission into manual mode is great for helping to keep the DPF happy - I can keep the rpm as high as I want for as long as I want. Not that Hyundai are known for DPF issues but every little helps! The boot is massive, seriously huge. Rear legroom is great, as is headroom. Reliability hasn't been an issue with the Hyundai Tucson. It's been faultless. Only issues I have are that the brakes are a little too sensitive, especially at low speed. And the interior plastics are very easily scratched.

Faultless.

Very quick in Sport mode.
Pretty good considering it's a 2.0-litre auto 4x4. Tax is a bit steep though.

1.6 turbo GO

Very nice car to look at and not the worst car to drive. The only real flaw is the fuel consumption. Mine returns 32 mpg at best on the motorway and 26 mpg on short runs. If I'd known this would be the case I wouldn't have bought one.

1.7 crdi premium

Really nice car, the overall quality of materials and overall build surprised me. I have no problems with mine, the 1.7 diesel with 116hp is reasonably economical, pulls and overtakes well. It has a big boot and plenty of space – I reckon it's a great for families.

1.7 CRDiSE Nav 114 Blue Drive

I gave up a totally reliable Renault Scenic for this nightmare. Within weeks of purchase, I received a courtesy call from Hyundai to check 'all was well'? My response was NO for the following reasons: Lane assist failure on a regular basis, the lower door seals are developing cracks and holes; I get constant Stop-Start failure and associated error messages, the gearknob literally came off in my hand on a dual carriageway – the spring flew into the car. Fuel consumption – when I was considering its purchase I was told that the car did at least 48 to 55 MPG. Contrary to what I was told, it has cost me a fortune in diesel! I get navigation errors (i.e. nearest petrol station is 250 miles away?). It has a stiff clutch and grinding gear change. Whilst problems were identified in courtesy call and caller advised me that a member of Hyundai management would call me back to discuss issues, no-one called! After several attempts to speak to management, I managed to have car checked and it miraculously 'sailed through diagnostics'. I was perplexed by this not least because the gearknob was missing. I took the car home with the 'green report' but have since returned the car as I do not feel safe driving it. Needless to say, I will not be buying another Hyundai in the near OR distant future This is the worst car I ever owned, it's been nothing but trouble. It's had issues with its gearbox and start stop system, has already needed three replacement navigation systems and now needs a fourth, all in the space of a single year. The interior plastics feel cheap and the quality is terrible overall.

Crap!
Excellent on motorways, a really smooth drive at 70mph.

Outrageous!

Premium SE 185 bhp

Can't fault it.

2.0 Ltr Premium Diesel

Having previously owned a Hyundia i40 Tourer and loved it the decision to stick with Hyundai was not a hard choice, plenty of toys & safety gadgets, fuel consumption is the better of a light right foot and great comfort with heated seat front and back brilliant on a cold frosty morning. I use my Tucson to tow a 7.5Mtr caravan which it does effortlessly. Would recommend this SUV to anyone

2.0 SE NAV 136BHP

HAD CAR 2 MONTHS. VERY QUIET, COMFORTABLE RIDE & SEATS. PLENTY OF ROOM FOR GRANDCHILDREN & DOGS AFTER YETI WHICH WAS V.GOOD BUT A BIT RAUCOUS. PLEASED WITH IT. HAPPY WITH 45MPG BUT LIVE IN RURAL AREA. NO TRAFFIC LIGHTS/QUEUES DID 49 ON MOTORWAY ON TIGHT ENGINE UNBELIEVABLY

Premium SE 1.7 Diesel Blue-Drive DCT

OK so it's early doors with only a few hundred miles since this has taken over from my Merc. Initial verdict is that this is a lovely car, packed to the brim with features; massive tilt/slide panoramic roof, heated rear seats, cooled front seats, electric boot, individual tyre pressure sensors displaying psi on each wheel etc etc it's all there. Build feels solid & well engineered, there is plenty of room and a massive boot. Interior looks sharp, all controls have a quality feel and have an easy layout. The DCT seems to deliver more power to the wheels than the relatively low bhp this engine would make you expect, especially in the 30-50 mph range Fuel eco so far is in the low 40s The only criticism I have is that the steering is light so gives very little road feel, but it is a very easy & comfortable drive. Brakes feel a touch sharp, but that could just be the fact it is brand new. Overall I am extremely satisfied, though it is of course early days
Way too early to tell but there is a 5y warranty
little bit light on acceleration at the top end, but in line with the engine size/power feels very good in the 30-50 mph range

Not the official comparison stats but the low 40s I have so far I can't complain about for this body style

1.7 D SE Nav

Lots of kit and internal space. Quality of finish is very good and car is pleasant to drive. Engine is responsive with really good torque even at slow speed. Sixth gear only useable above 50 mph. Only owned car for 2 months so too soon to comment on others complaints re brakes! Would be happy to recommend car to others.

1.7 Diesel SE

Lease car for 120 mile daily commute on mix of Motorway and fast A roads. 15k miles in 6 months, good responsive engine for overtaking trucks and caravans, excellent comfort and handling for its size, impressive economy - up to 60mpg with careful right foot. Main gripe has been the brakes - discs replaced twice under warranty due to judder. Happening again at 16k miles so back to the dealer.

Brakes very disappointing - to have discs replaced twice in 12k miles is ridiculous.
Quiet at 70 on the motorway , enough guts for overtaking
5 yr warranty, 20k interval for service, £30 road tax and 50mpg played big part in choosing this car and not disappointed

1.6 go SE T-GDI 5 door

Bought as a replacement for a Motability Ford Kuga which got written off due to flooding, found the Hyundai Garage at New Oscott could not be more helpful and caring. They had available Tucson's which were pre-registered and the one I picked had only 6 miles on the clock, Road tax and insurance are good got this class of vehicle, and still after 2 years think its very good and have said it's even better than the VW Tiguan I had about 5 years ago from new. The one thing had replaced was the worn seal around the drivers door, but have had that happen a lot when I had a Renault Megane.

2.0 Premium SE

I have been absolutely blown away by this vehicle. Where to start, it is comfortable, quiet, sophisticated, well built, economical, practical, refined and great fun to drive. It drives really well on all forms of journey, poised on the motorway but also quick and nippy around town. The on-board technology is excellent, safety features are really reassuring and the standard of equipment is really high. We have just cleared my late mothers house and it has been a more than capable load lugger and also took us on the annual family holiday to Jersey with aplomb. So far I have had no problems at all. I do not hesitate to give it 5 stars - I would give it more if I could. In-fact I will be buying another towards the end of this year.

Brilliant - has not missed a beat

Powerful when you need the speed or overtaking capability.

So far very economic, I have not reached the 2 year service interval yet so cannot comment. Average MPG is 52.

1.6 Petrol Premium SE

2019

This is our third Tucson and have always been happy! Petrol engine does not give as much poke as our previous 2L diesel and now constantly changing gear. New 360 degree camera is a bonus. Phone charging pad only works with top of the range smartphones. Experienced a severe water leak in roof. Dealer says can't find the problem so we must have left the sunroof open. Seems odd then that the alarm didn't tell us that the roof had been left open or is that a defect as well! Never fear it will be going back to dealer if we get more leaks.

1.7 CRDTI 2WD Auto Premiu SE

The Tucson appealed due to the 5-yr warranty and great aggressive styling. You can only have a panoramic roof on the Premium SE which means spending £26K+ which I think is a drawback with lesser models priced around £20K. The Tucson is a surprisingly smooth and powerful car to drive. The 1.7 2WD Auto is less economical returning 45 mpg against the manual's 55 mpg but the dual-clutch gearbox is incredibly smooth. I love this car and the 5-yr warranty for peace of mind.

1.7 CRDI Blue Drive SE Nav 5dr 2WD

I only bought this three weeks ago – brand new but pre registered and discounted. At £19.5k I was very pleased with the price. It's a great spec, and has things I didn't even think I needed. Heated front seats including lumbar region adjustment. Lane departure warning, which some find disconcerting but it does what it says, if you drift in your lane it provides a gentle reminder by steering you away from the white line and it can be turned off if you don't like it – take your hands off the wheel and the car sounds a reminder not to do that. Infotainment is excellent along with Bluetooth for the phone and navigation system. Power/charging sockets and USB are all available. Excellent interior storage including a glove box that you can actually put things in. 6 speed box which is slick with a nice smooth shift between gears. I was worried that the 1.7 diesel engine might struggle to pull such a big car in its low power spec, with only 116bhp, however the torque is remarkable at over 200lb/ft. Driving steadily in the 1250 to 2500 rev range it pulls very well. It's not the most economical common rail Euro6 diesel. Its currently only doing 46/48mpg but it it may improve a bit as it loosens up. However, this might be offset by my driving it a bit harder. The rear seats recline and what an excellent feature for your passengers along with centre armrest and cup holders. ISO fixing for child seats also very good. Boot cover can be moved into two positions in order to allow the rear seats to recline, or removed all together. Boot is a good capacity without even lowering the back seats. Full size spare wheel in aluminium is also great. No more messing about with puncture repair canisters or expensive run flat tyres. There's also an onboard tyre pressure monitor system that displays in the instrument panel. These are actual pressure monitors inside each wheel valve. But not in the spare unfortunately. If the tyre company change a tyre, be sure to ask them not to change the pressure recording valve which is liable to be expensive, before you get a quote. The headlights on this car are phenomenal, the LED side lights look great. Alongside dip and main beam you also have cornering lighting and front fogs. Rear lamps are also high mounted for visibility and are also very bright. The reverse camera is a very useful feature, unless (if you're like me) you don't like to trust it. I suppose I'll get used to it eventually but I do prefer using the exterior mirrors, which are full electric including being heated for de icing. I was a little disappointed when I realised the front and rear bumpers and also the skirt on the tailgate are slightly different in colour. My first thought was the car has been damaged. however back at the dealers looking at other cars of varying and different colours I found they are all the same. not so with other manufacturers. Come on Hyundai sort this out can you not paint plastic to the same colour spec as metal? I also noticed after the car stood for several days in the recent snow, on pulling away I had clutch judder. As the car warmed up it went away and so far it hasn't returned. But apparently this model does have an issue with clutch judder when cold. It wasn't disclosed by the dealer when I asked, but by a mechanic from a Hyundai workshop. My conclusion so far, I like the car. The 5 year warranty is great but only if the dealers fix the faults as they occur. 20,000mile servicing means every two years at my annual mileage so running costs should be OK. I've found no bad points at the moment but don't buy this car if you are looking for max fuel economy. The 61 mpg quoted in the manual is not going to be achievable.
Too early to tell, we've only covered 800 miles at the moment.
Its an SUV not a sports car. Don't buy it if you are wanting to fly around everywhere. Buy a BMW...

Based on service interval should be very good and parts are not too expensive.

Sport Edition 1.6 T-GDI

My first Hyundai and I am very impressed. This version looks stunning and is excellent value for money offering most of the top of the range equipment at a much lower price. Nice to drive, the 1.6 177bhp turbo petrol is very smooth and eager and loves to be revved. It has surprising punch, and although not the most economical engine, it's quiet and refined and I don't worry about the possibly poor resale value of having a diesel. The ride on 19" wheels is still good and the handling superb. This car corners as if on rails. Hard to believe sometimes it's quite a heavy SUV. There is simply no body roll at all. Very impressive. Interior space and comfort is up there with the very best, excellent driving position and massive boot. This car ticks a lot of boxes. This car offers superb value for money, a 5 year warranty, a ridiculous amount of standard equipment which would put over £10,000 on a BMW or Audi, and will put a smile on your face every time you drive it. Hard to beat at the price.

1.6 SE Nav

Excellent value for money. It's a big car for a 1.6-litre engine but it is reasonably powerful on hills and acceleration. It has a nice driving position and all round vision. It has loads of legroom for front and rear passengers. I love the additional front lighting feature when cornering, and that it has a large, flat, level boot.

No problems after first 18 months

For a large car with a 1.6 petrol engine the acceleration and hill climbing are above average expectation. Very smooth and comfortable ride for driver and passengers.

I do lots of short trips and get 40 mpg. On the long trips it's nearer 50mpg

1.7 CRDI Premium

I have had my new Tucson for just over 6 months and covered over 13,000 miles. I find the drive comfortable and the car very well equipped. In fact there are more toys in it than you could wish for! I especially like the blind spot warning in the wing mirrors and the cross traffic alert which is brilliant when reversing out of supermarket car park spaces. The 1.7 engine struggles sometimes with acceleration but you soon get used to it. We also use the Tucson to tow our 7.5mtr caravan and it does this very well, so much so you barely feel the caravan on the back. My only negative would be the steering is very light but once you get used to it you are fine.

Premium SE 186PS

Having recently P/X in My 2 year old Kuga for the Tucson Premium SE 4WD 185PS, I have to say I am very impressed with my car. The trim level on the premium SE is fantastic, full of 'boys toys', Lane Driving assist can be a bit of a problem some times but usually have it on during long motorway journeys, blind spot assist is fantastic, the front automatic braking sometimes cuts in when someone is turning in front of you and leaves indicating to last minute. The heated and cooled seats are very good, I also like the heated steering wheel very good for the recent cold mornings. My only disappointment of the new Tucson is that it does not have voice activated phone and music controls like the Kuga did, I also Miss the Kuga's Heated front Screen. The Tuscan takes a long time to demist on a cold morning. I have had mine since September and covered 6000 miles in it, it drives well the engine is very responsive especially in sport mode. The automatic boot is brilliant when you get back to the car fully laden with items, but again it has a habit of opening when outside the house if I leave the keys in my trouser pocket so beware. It looks Very Good and is easy to keep clean I would recommend having the mud flaps fitted as an extra. Seats are very comfortable and definitely an improvement on the Kuga, I have driven this one for over 8 hours in a stretch and still managed to feel fresh when I arrived. Economy Will be hit if you drive in sport mode for to long and have a heavy right foot, but have found I average about 40 over all the different driving I would definitely recommend to other if you can afford it go for the higher spec as you get a lot more to play with and lots of safety features.

Tucson SE 1.7 nav D

Traded in a iX35 for a Tucson, the car ix35 was on average 50 mpg. The Tucson was said to average approximately 61mpg this was achieved at first 3500 miles then after this mileage 3500 it dropped down to 47. That's the best it's managing now. Car is being driven no differently to how it was before and is driven the same way as the ix35 was. Asking Hyundai about this, they told me its down to conditions and the way I drive. Yet I have not changed the way I drive for the last 35 years. They don't want to know, and instead refer me to the dealer. If you are changing you car for the MPG then look into it before you buy. Don't buy this car for it's MPG .

1.7 Premium

Was looking to replace my Mercedes 320 ml, chose the Tucson as it has great style, plenty of room, low road tax at 30 per year against the ml at 500 a year. It's packed with great kit incl lane assist which works well. Build quality seems very good, the 1.7 engine has plenty of torque, 6 speed box is smooth, low road noise it's a great car to drive,

2.0 CRDi Premium SE Auto 4WD

Ok lets start with a reference point , so having swapped out of 520D M Sport as a X3 was too small and a X5 too big ( and both being replaced soon) the well styled Tuscon on paper is a lot of car for the money. Having bought the top spec model , this has so many toys it's too many to list , but the important ones which make the high spec better are the safety ones lane assist, blind spot assist , forward collision assist and reverse camera. Driving the car does take some adjustment as the lane assist interfere sometimes with the steering, which can be disconcerting , but you can switch it off. MPG is currently around 37 which I expect to improve once I go past the 1K mark. Kids like the space, panoramic roof and rear heated seats. With this car the better option is the high spec models , but you can only get pan roof, smart tailgate, smart start 4wd etc on the top spec as apart from colour choice their are no options you can add. Now here's the useful bit , you can without too much effort secure the £32K 2.0 Prem Se for close to £28K , so at this price it makes it a very attractive proposition, ok it doesn't drive like a BMW but then again it's equivalent with the same spec are close to £40-45K ! And with Hyundai you get a 5 year warranty as well...

No issues as yet
Happier I bought the larger engine, drives well , refined and smooth, some road noise due to the larger alloy/tyres depending on surface
37 mpg - which is traffic/motorway