Mazda CX-3 owner reviews

"The Mazda CX-3 crossover is a stylish, fun alternative to models like the Nissan Juke, but can be quite pricey"

• Suspension, Other (1 cases)

1.5 diesel se l nav

This is my first Mazda and certainly won't be my last one. After three years with an Alfa Romeo Guilietta I wanted a change to an SUV but not too big. My Alfa was good but this Mazda is better. I looked at many cars and when I drove the Mazda i was hooked. Comfortable, roomy, good spec of tech, economical, looks good and drives well. I have done 12,000 miles in the CX 3 and had no problems. It lives up to Mazda's reputation as a reliable manufacturer. I drive all over the country and it is a pleasure to drive, with a good infotainment system.

Have driven 12,000 miles in 11 months with no issues. 100% reliable.

Have driven bigger diesel engine cars but for a 1.5 diesel performance is perfect

Am getting 52 miles per gallon. Running costs are excellent

SEL/Nav 2 litre petrol

I liked the look of the CX3 from the time I first saw it in the press. I have never owned a Mazda before and am delighted with all aspects of the car. The economy from the 2.0-litre engine coupled with the 6 speed manual gearbox is better than a lot of the small cars I have had in the past.

No problems.

Very responsive

Very economical for the engine size and type of vehicle.

Sport Nav 2.0 petrol, 2WD

Our needs were for a small/medium sized practical car with good handling & a reasonable performance. The CX3 fitted these needs very well. It is a very responsive car to drive, despite some reviews giving it critical comments for a 'hard' ride we find it to be just right. Equipment levels are very good although we accept that some items available as options should be included as standard i.e. auto door mirror retract & front park sensors.

Excellent so far - 3months.

Excellent.
Averaging 43>45 MPG

2.0 petrol sport nav

Have had the CX-3 just over a week and I am so far over the moon. The car handles well and has punch when needed and then some. I only use it for short journeys usually under 7 miles at a time and have still managed to get over 37 mpg from the 2.0L petrol, which is better than I have had from my previous 1.25-litre Fiesta at 33mpg for the last few years. Lots of toys and really comfortable, so far it's excellent.

2.0 SKYACTIV-G 150PS Sport Nav AWD

Having had the car for nearly 18 months, I am very happy with it in all respects. Although fuel consumption could be better, it averages 39 mpg over all types of road driving, without trying to minimise consumption, which for a 2.0 petrol engine and AWD, is good in comparison with other vehicles. Previously I had a MX5, so am more than content with the amount of space in the CX5 !! The CX5 is no sports car, but the ride, handling and performance are almost as enjoyable as for the 2.0l MX5 and much better than expected for a much higher, heavier and larger car. I really like the reversing camera and heads-up display, which together with the sat nav and infotainment system, provide the driver with all necessary information when driving. Bluetooth connectivity allows hands-free phone calls. The extra ground clearance enables navigation of pot-holed country tracks and the AWD helps on muddy lanes and fields. Haven't had the opportunity to try the car on ice and snow yet. The car is easy on the eye and has received many complimentary comments. There have been two minor faults - the air-con had to be re-gassed after 12 months due to a faulty condenser and a safety recall has just been received for faulty rustproof coating on the tailgate support struts. In summary, a great looking and performing car.

No problems with reliability.

Need to work the engine to get best acceleration. However, cruises well on motorways and country roads.

Good for engine type.

2.0 Sport Nav 2WD

My requirment for my new car was medium size, tech laden, handsome, comfortable and quiet. Having noted the CX-3 as handsome a test drive revealed it to have the other attributes I wanted. At the motorway speed limit on smooth tarmac on cruise you could hold a conversation by whispering, its that quiet at 2400rpm. The interior is very plush and comfy with all controls easily visible and to hand, with far too much kit to put into a quick review. The ones I like the most are the lane departure warning, speed warning and camera alert / slow down warning amongst many more. Auto wipers/headlamps and DRLs were also on my list which this car has. I have completed two 1000 mile trips achieving over 55mpg and have just done a 750 mile Yorkshire dales return trip returning 55.3mpg, not bad for a 2.0-litre manual. Performance is more than adequate and the brakes are brilliant and I love the hill assist. Over 3500 miles have proven my overall average mpg is 49.6 with nil faults to date. Conclusion: You don't get down into the seat you slide onto it, handling is surprisingly agile and I really love it.

2.0 Sport Nav Auto

I bought this car as I liked it as soon as I saw it advertised last year. Primarily my previous 2 cars have been Mazdas and I have had no trouble at all with them. Secondly I have difficultly getting in and out of a standard saloon due to a stroke I had some 4 years ago. As soon as I climbed into the car I knew it was for me as I could get in and out with little difficulty. The controls are well placed, the engine lively and the 6-speed automatic gear-box is a dream. Being almost top of the range you expect comfort and you certainly get it. The heated front seats are very comfortable and lovely to sit in, on a cold winters morning. The sat-nav works well and the touch screen doubles for the radio and car settings and I just love the heads-up display of speed, leaving lane and sat-nav turns. I find the ride a bit hard on rough surfaces but cornering is excellent. The only other complaint I have is visibility is not good due to the centre pillars and large door mirrors. But the rear view camera is excellent, reversing into a parking space is so easy. I am very pleased with this car.

No Issues

Very good performance, excellent acceleration for passing

Could be better, Motorway trips give a little over 40mpg

1.5d Sport Nav

I had a CX-5 before the CX-3 and wanted something smaller, but with just as good quality and driving experience. I will start with a couple of negatives as I think potential customers need to know about them. Mazda charges more for a service package than Land Rover do for a Range Rover Sport. The only other complaint I have is the passenger seat vibrates when no-one is sitting in it & I think another car magazine has picked this up themselves. On the positive side the CX-3 is great to drive and I average over 50 mpg if I drive it carefully.

2.0 2WD Sport Nav Auto

A perfectly balanced car Easy to drive with controls easy to reach and user friendly. The Heads Up Display is especially useful. The seats are comfortable and hold the body well. 18" wheels tend to transmit road noise readily but it's not that intrusive.
So far so good
Auto box works perfectly well and there is a sport mode switch to hold the box in gear for longer. I rarely see the need to use this.
47mpg easily achievable. So running costs should be acceptable as was my Mazda3

1.5d

This is a great car to drive but I've found it very unreliable and I'm requiring constant attention from recovery vehicles. This is my first Mazda but the issues with the diesel particulate filter/engine management light are beyond my patience! I've never had problems with diesels from other manufacturers - this one I would not recommend. It's just gone back into the dealer this morning on the back of a recovery vehicle. Shame but these problems cloud what could be a good vehicle.

Not a strong point

Nice to drive when I get it back from the dealer.
Good