Nissan Note owner reviews

"It’s small, but the Nissan Note is surprisingly practical, spacious and – as long as you choose wisely – cheap to run"

• Gearbox / clutch (1 cases)
  • Engine, Gearbox / clutch (2 cases)
  • Gearbox / clutch, Suspension (1 cases)
  • Engine, Gearbox / clutch, Suspension (1 cases)
  • Electrics (1 cases)

top spec

The Nissan Note (2014) has to be one of the best cars I have ever driven. It's a brill car for around town and for motorway driving.

1.5 DCI tekna

Had the car one and a half years and it's been a good car it's comfortable to drive. nippy and actually fun to drive.The dash is well laid out unlike some new cars were you can't see all of the dash no matter how much you move the steering wheel and it looks quite smart as does the car. The engine is a little noisy but not to bad and the miles to the gallon are excellent.Some people don't like the hard plastics in side but I don't think it's that bad and a lot better than the fake dull chrome that's in some cars. The 360 over head camera is ace makes parking a doddle and the price second hand must make it one of the best bargains out there.

N-Tec 1.5 dCi

2011

I bought this car on recommendation from a friend and I must say I am very happy with the choice I made. It's reasonably comfortable and very economical on long runs. Engine a bit noisy untill it warms up, apart from that no problems so far - very pleased.

So far been excellent - slight problem with wiring in back door easy fix if you're a hands-on person

This is not a racing car but will hold its own on motorway once it gets up to speed.

Very good - drove from Leeds to Cornwall on holiday. Did 1150 miles on less than 100 quid.

1.2DIGT-Tekna Auto

It's roomy, comfortable and practical and the overhead composite camera is excellent - but the CVT gearbox with the 1.2 supercharged engine is a disaster. There isn't enough torque to for the car to accelerate uphill, even quite a moderate incline - without momentum on your side. It will maintain speed, but it won't accelerate. This is with two adults and no luggage. The whole experience makes you feel like a sitting duck. I was Nissan, there's NO WAY I would have signed this car off without a modification to shorten the ratio when the the throttle is fully pressed and the speed isn't increasing. It feels downright dangerous and has completely put me off CVT gearboxes. Another problem I have with it is that the automatic start-stop kicks in prematurely - and unexpectedly, when I've barely stopped at a T-junction. If it turns off after the you've pressed the throttle, the car makes a horrible noise and shudder. All in all, a car that tries to be clever and fails.

1.2 five-door

This is my husband's motability car, so, we are just grateful to be able to have a nice new car, however this is one of the worst cars we have ever had. Previously we have had two other Nissan Notes and loved them both, why they changed the design I do not know, there is less room in the car, less storage in the front, because the engine is smaller it is very very slow when trying to get away at junctions, so much so I find myself hesitating all the time now. I hate the ECO engine and turn it off when my husband is not looking as it slows the car down. We have had problems with the lights on the mirrors flashing on and off when it rains or in the dark when we go past trees etc. which is very off-putting when driving, dealer looked at this and said it was build up of water scale on the camera at the back, however, it has always been like this since day one, they cleaned the camera and although it helped it did not cure the problem. The other Notes had electric mirrors, but now we have to fold them in manually which feels like going back in time! It only does 40mpg, which is much less than we were lead to believe - the old Notes had bigger engines and still did more than this! The back doors seem narrower as I am constantly knocking the disability scooter seat into the door posts which I had never done in the past. We have been happy with Nissan cars, we are now on our fourth and think it will be our last, sadly.

1.2 Dig-s Tekna

Having previously owned an X Trail from new I was sure this smaller Note would be as good but if anything it's better. After 2 years 22k miles it looks and drives like new. I look forward to driving it every day as all the technology makes it so easy to drive. Great 1.2 supercharge engine is nippy and it returns mid 50mpg without any problem. The best feature is the cabin size and variable boot as you get a lot space / flexibility when compared to other cars in this price range.

1.5 diesel tekna

Highly efficient diesel,spacious and versatile
No problems so far
Plenty of torque
Zero tax, low insurance and 60 to70 mpg

1.2 DIG-S CVT Tekna 5-door

It's OK for journeys up to an hour, but any longer I start to ache between my shoulders as I don't like the seats - they are not up to long journeys. The supercharged engine is really nippy and it's easy to park with the all-round cameras. If you want to be really comfortable this is not the car for you. The CVT auto is rubbish, if you try to go quickly at a roundabout or junction it jerks and judders and is a disgrace as this is what they are. It has very firm suspension meaning you feel any uneven road surfaces.

note teka 64 plate

I bought my Nissan Note Tekna almost 18 months ago. At first it would run amazingly fast with the sports button on. Now it feels like it lacks power. The Nissan car dealership cannot find any problems which it.

Tekna 1.2 DIG-T auto

Had this car from new for just over a year now and after 8,000 miles the car drives like a 5yr old car. This has been driven very modestly by a disabled 56yr old and yet the steering wants to now constantly pull to the left. The car has also developed a snatch when pulling away. Also there is now a distinct knock when driving slowly over small speed humps. The dash and door panels/arm rests are easily scratched. Good points - cameras/seat comfort/looks.

Reliable but only because its a new car. I can feel the cars drive quality deteriorating on a daily basis

Gutless

Not as good as expected

1.2 DIG-S Teckna Auto

2012

So pleased to read Simon Mills review. I have read so many reviews on this car and nobody is critical about the auto(CVT). For most of my driving the car is fine, quiet, roomy, comfortable. However the fuel consumption is around 35mpg best which includes motorway driving. I live in Spain so there is little traffic the weather is always warm and I usually drive within the speed limits. I guess it's the supercharger that's the problem as I see the engine has a turbo in the Micra. The other very annoying problem is the CVT or the electronics controlling it. I live at the top of an incline and I always select L, as the car dies completely in D, prior to the ascent. Unless I floor the throttle which I'd rather not the car can also die half way up. The trouble is the supercharger which does not seem to get going until 3000rpm. Every time this happens I feel like changing the car but the huge loss involved deters me. I hired a Seat Ibiza with a 1 litre engine and DSG gearbox when the Note was having a body repair and it performed perfectly even up my hill. The auto would switch between 1st and 2nd keeping constant speed. It made the Note look prehistoric.

No problems yet

auto poor on steep hills

MPG lower than I would thought, expected 40mpg+

1.5 dci Tekna

Well as I live 1/4 mile from the plant that makes them and everyone seems to have a Nissan round here I thought I would try my first Nissan. It looks pretty nice for what it is and there is oodles of room inside, with a good size multi level boot as well. I'm averaging 60mpg around town which I think is excellent for such a little torquey engine, although it is extremely noisy, sound more like a tractor than a car. Interior is pretty poor and I have the range topping Tekna, yeah you get the all round safety cameras, Sat Nav, Bluetooth and they are pretty good at what they do. The rest is abysmal, plastics are like something from the 80's, hard scratchy panels that don't last long (and I'm careful with my cars), iffy electrics, the auto headlights work in bright sunshine (well known problem) the auto wipers have a mind of there own, and the electric windows (drivers side) seem to stop when they want, not when I want them to. If they fixed the electrics, vastly improved the interior and quietened the engine down they might have a decent car, unfortunately after 8 months of ownership I have out that this is not the case. Currently looking to trade it in for something with a bit more refinement (and a nice interior)
just one problem with a wheel bearing, electrics are really poor though
pretty pokey engine with loads of torque for a small/medium car
Zero road tax and 60 mpg around town cannot be sniffed at

1.2 Acenta Premium + Safety pack.

My Previous Note was a 1.4 N-Tec+, a 4 cylinder engine that averaged 47mpg. This new Note with a 1.2, 3 cylinder engine with Eco mode & Stop/Start technology averages 48mpg, a lot of new technology for just 1mpg gain over the previous Note !