Audi A7 owner reviews

“The Audi A7 Sportback is one of Audi’s most striking models, that’s bristling with technology, good to drive and also quite practical”

Price
£47,155 - £85,600

3.0 S Line

Absolutely love the Audi A7.. I've had Mercedes, BMW and the premium cars but nothing beats an Audi.. and especially the Audi A7.. there has not been a day where it hasn't turned heads. It makes you happy every time you look at it. The car when you sit just seems to wrap around you. Driving this Audi, the engine just seems so effortless.. it never seems to struggle..and it is very comfortable. I have been surprised at how economical it has been too. It depends on individual driving habits but on a good run I get around 43 MPG and if I'm having fun on sport mode and doing a hit speed.. even then I get at worst 37/38 MPG. The car is also unique in my eyes because of the shape and you don't see many and it makes me happy. I bought this second hand and have never had issues yet. Audi servicing has also been great, and Audi service costs are very reasonable in my eyes. I can see myself keeping this car for a long time.

S LINE

I bought the Audi A7 S Line, and I've had it for nearly 3 years. I have only recently sold the car. The reason I sold it was mainly for a change of job and no longer needing it. As soon as I saw the A7, I just fell in love with the car. There was distinctive, special look about the car.. in every sense, the exterior design, and the internal design with just how much it hugs you. It's also so comfortable and easy to use. Thought the 3.0L engine will be very hungry but I was pleasantly surprised. On average I would be getting 43 MPG, but the times where I wanted to just really enjoy the car, speed and throw it about on the motorway on high speeds, I would still be getting 38 MPG, which I thought was good. If you want a car that is great to look out on the outside and inside, then go for this car. I always think this car is not for everyone, it is a very special car in the way it looks, and you do get a lot of looks when driving.. I mostly had people commenting how nice it looks, but you do get the odd weirdo who would be jealous and would give you dirty looks.. Would I buy an A7 again? No, I probably would not get it. The only reason being, I never get the same car twice, always like to try a different car, model or brand.. this A7 was my 7th car, and this was also my only first AUDI.. I have been so impressed with Audi as an engine and quality, in the 3 years I owned, I have never had an issue with it, not once.

Bi TDI S Line Black Edition Quattro

What to say about this car that hasn't already been said. Yes its a bit of a Marmite looker - but on S Line suspension and 21-inch Rotor alloys it looks a million dollars to me. So comfortable, so quiet it's almost unreal - until you put it in dynamic mode and put your foot down. The car doesn't go or sound like any other diesel I have ever owned. Acceleration in Dynamic mode is down right scary, and it never lets up, as others have said, the speed limit warning is a must, else you will find yourself doing three figure speeds before you have even left the motorway on-ramp! Build quality is superb, although it could well be the most expensive hatchback that doesn't have a rear wiper! Rear Camera is a big bonus as visibility out the back isn't the greatest due to the low and sweeping roof line. Boot is enormous and very practical. They are pretty rare on the road so you get that feeling of "exclusivity" which is nice.. and as they aren't as popular, picking up a really well spec'd second hand one doesn't break the bank - these cars easily can top 65K when new, due to Audi's policy of charging for everything.. but get one that's a few years old and they are very sensible money indeed. I guess if there was a minus point it would be the MPG, "official" figures state around 44, expect at least 10-12 mpg less than that which makes it quite thirsty.. but hey it's worth it!

Nothing has broken so far, feels bulletproof

I don't know why (or where) you would need a car faster than this.

The only downside - The BiTDI gets no where near the official figures...

3.0 V6 Supercharged, Prestige

I purchased my Audi A7 recently as I have grown tired of SUVs and have felt that Audi 's original A7 body is both elegant and practical. In retirement I play in many jazz ensembles and the Audi A7 can carry a full set of drums with no issues. This car is a joy to drive, practical, quiet, controlled with great traction, and provides excellent, flat cornering. The interior, though a bit "analog" is extremely elegant, well appointed and very comfortable. The windshield and front side glass is double paned creating a very quiet cabin. The head-up display is very nice as well. My only complaint is the navigation system interface is awkward. That said, Google maps and Waze seem superior to all auto built in navigation systems and the Apple CarPlay and Android Auto interface in the A7 work beautifully.