Ford Ka+ owner reviews

"The Ford Ka+ is practical and handles nicely, but it's let down by a lacklustre engine and poor safety rating"

• Electrics, Engine, Gearbox / clutch, Other (1 cases)
  • Electrics, Engine (1 cases)

1.2 85ps Zetec

Having owned Fords for many a year and coming from my second Puma it was nice to get a new car! No problems whatsoever at the moment, very comfortable, well equipped with the city pack as well. Good DAB radio, nice SYNC with iPhone, even being able to use Siri with the wheel controls. Engine is smooth in commuter traffic, needs a bit more power, but I can live with that as it's a city car. Overall impressed.

85bhp

What a great runaround. Rear seats very comfy and front seats better than Fiesta. There's no boot open handle and no heated front windscreen, though, and I've really missed those. It's great around town and even though it's my wife's car I enjoy the occasional drive.

1.2 Zetec

Worst car I have ever owned! Would not recommend. I bought the car to get to and from work but haven't been able to drive it as its spent most of the time in a Ford dealership getting fixed and when I've got my car back it was in worse condition than it went in. I've been back to my local dealership 6 times in the past 11 months which is an absolute joke! It's had engine idling problems, fuel pressure issues, starting issues, a squeak in the rear and it's dangerous to drive in the wind as it wallows all over the road. Also the engine is poorly designed as it has absolutely no power, wouldn't be able to pull the skin of a rice pudding! Would benefit from having a turbo.

I shopped around as I needed a new, reliable car for work and decided to buy a KA+ but I was sold the car without a Locking Wheel Nut key and after 2 weeks I had to take the car back and they damaged all 4 wheels trying to get the Locking Wheel nut off and tried making me pay for the damage even though it wasn't my fault! Now I've had the vehicle for 10 months and the problems are coming in thick and fast. The engine struggles to start and when it finally starts up it sounds like it's running on 3 cylinders rather than 4. The interior trim makes horrendous squeaking noises over every little bump. Exhaust rattles on the body which is very irritating. It is advertised as a economical car which is a lie as I only get 34 MPG out of it! Gearbox and Clutch struggle to get into gear intermittently and I have to double declutch it just to get the car in gear. The engine really struggles to get up the smallest of inclines and couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding! If I went back in time and was faced with the option of getting the car again, I'd walk away.

Zetec plus 85

I.would recomend this car. Good value, nice to drive economical, nippy, good spec

Very good
Little slower than my fiesta but alot cheaper to buy

Very good

KA MK 2 2015 3 DOOR METAL

My daughter bought this KA2 from new and in the first year we no problems at all. This year it had its second service and within 2 days it had developed electrical issues in that the mirrors didnt work, all the warning lights on the dash came on, the engine revved at 2000rpm and would not settle down and the outside temp sensor constantly shows it is 6 degrees C below what it actually is. The auto start stop is very sensitive and does stall the car when in heavy traffic. The wheels are very susceptible to pothole damage and we have had to have 1 refurbished and a complete new wheel (the ones on this KA are black in colour so show every mark or scratch) She called the Ford assist (AA) and they came out and plugged it in to the computer . This was good as it showed the air mass sensor had broken BUT they cleared all the error codes so when we got it back to Ford they didnt know what had failed! So with just under 2 years old and 8000 miles on the clock she is looking to change it for another new car of some description. Trouble is, she is 2 years into a 4 year HP agreement. (bank of Mum and Dad I think!)

OK in the first year, Now getting electrical issues in the 2nd year
It wasn't bought to be fast. Just as well as it is all rev and no go.....

MPG figures take with a pinch of salt.

Zetec 85 bhp

In general the car is spacious and has a few gadgets like Ford's Sync for mobiles, heated seats and reversing sensors. We've been getting around 40mpg around town and during the summer months in excess of 50mpg on long journeys. Downsides is this car seems to have issues with water leaks! The passenger side front kept getting water in the footwell. This was eventually fixed under warranty by replacing the door card weather sills. Recently we then had a leak in the boot where the spare wheel would usually be. This problem is ongoing as Ford seem to be struggling to fix the issue. We logged an official complaint with Ford directly, but their offshore customer services team are shocking! They don't get back to you as promised and nothing seems to be treated as priority. This is making our experience bad, no aftercare. Based on this, we will not be buying another Ford which is very disappointing as I've always been a Ford man!

85 Zetec

Originally I was going for a second hand (2-3 year old) Fiesta when I spied the KA+ in the showroom and for the extra £2000 it seemed logical to get a new car. Very impressive features as standard - The Hill Start Assist and the SYNC with iPhone are used most frequently. The car is very spacious and comfortable, just as ease on a motorway as in town. Only comes in a 1.2 but has a lot more guts than my previous 1.2 i10. One touch down & up is useful on the windows as are the voice alerts. The MyKey is an excellent idea for parents sharing a car with young drivers.