In-depth reviews

Jaguar F-Pace owner reviews

“The Jaguar F-Pace looks good and has sharp handling, while also working well as a family car”

• Electrics, Suspension, Other (1 cases)
  • Engine, Gearbox / clutch (1 cases)
  • Brakes, Electrics, Other (2 cases)
  • Gearbox / clutch (1 cases)
  • Electrics, Other (3 cases)
  • Suspension, Other (1 cases)
  • Brakes, Electrics, Engine, Other (1 cases)

V6 S

Great looking car, replaced my XF sportbrake, but with the F pace I was disappointed by the ride, noise and less refined gearbox. My XF was great and had it been AWD I would not have changed. The F pace interior materials are much lower quality than the XF, bordering on cheap in places (car cost 60k +). Car has been a frequent visitor to the dealer, probably every 3 months on average covering a multitude of differing issues, info systems, shaking while driving on motorway, dashboard lights coming on, camera not working. The handling on this car is very good, I have no issues and was reliable in snow but the constant revisits to the dealer for more and more snags has left me disappointed with Jag. I have now had enough and have moved back to Mercedes in the hope there are much, much fewer dealership visits. F pace could have been great but reliability is dismal and interior material quality in places poor, certainly for the price tag.

Prestige

What a poor standard of car, with poor build quality. The infotainment system is poor and unreliable, the turbo failed at 40,000 miles, the clutch failed at 63,000 miles and isn't covered by warranty – I was told they can fail at any time. JLR isn't even willing to contribute towards the £2300 replacement cost. JLR seem uselessly unhelpful.

25t R-Sport

I bought this new and it is a fantastic car in every way. It is silent when cruising, holds the road extremely well and corners like a car not an SUV. It is well built and I have had no problems at all. The petrol ingenium engine may turn out to be one of Land Rover' s great successes. A lot of people complain about the infotainment system, I’d suggest they get the latest software update applied . Once this update is applied it is fast to react and voice control works really well, I reckon it’s one of the best infotainment systems out there. You can have music on it’s hard drive, on a USB stick or on your iPhone all connected at the same time, all operated by voice. It’s a shame they are not released from the factory with the latest software applied as this has led to some bad reports, get it updated and you will be presently surprised. I get 32mpg measured fill-to-fill, although the computer says 37 mpg. It’s a practical car too, with loads of space. It's a bit high for the dog to jump into the boot , but a ramp solves that problem.

2.0 diesel AWD Auto.

An amazing car in many ways, but let down by several issues that are surprising for a car of this prestige and price. The satnav is worse than any other I have ever used and irrespective of the settings you make insists on sending you down narrow country lanes. It has no option to ‘not use B roads’ for instance. It is considerably worse in this respect than the satnav in my old 20 year old Rover 75. On a trip to France recently the clock remained stoically on British time until it is manually changed (and back when you return to UK). You also have to tell the satnav you are in France, which is a simple software issue to fix and completely spoilt the experience of driving a modern executive car. The car obviously has GPS so why doesn’t it know and set this for you? My old Honda CRV didn’t have this issue. The climate control is useless. It doesn’t control anything and constantly blows cold air out of the windscreen and front vents even when set to auto and with the temperature control set on 21deg or more. My wife spent most of a recent long wintery journey from the north of England to Portsmouth wrapped in a blanket to keep the cold air at bay. And finally, I am surprised that features standard on much lowlier vehicles are missing from my Prestige model. Wing mirrors that don’t dip when reversing, headlights that don’t auto select main beam when set to auto, ambient lighting that remains a ghostly green colour and can’t be changed and a rear parcel shelf that doesn’t fit and leaves a 4 inch gap between the edge and the rear seating so everyone can see what is in the boot. Some of these missing features are supplied as part of expensive optional extras of course, but they were all there for free on my Honda CRV (which also had a brilliant satnav and a perfect heating system). If Jaguar wishes to compete with the like of Mercedes, BMW and Volvo these things really need sorting out. It is either a Prestige model or it is not, and that takes more than just bolting in leather seats. This could easily have been 5 stars - just sorting out the rubbish satnav and heating would really help.

F-Pace 3.0 S AWD

This car is full of inexplicable software (or hardware) problems, most of them associated with the infotainment display system/radio/camera going haywire, however two issues other give me great concern. First of all the brake pedal is spongy to the point that the pedal can be pushed to the floor. It has always stopped the car, but it feels unsafe. I have even found myself pumping the brake to ensure the car stopped under heavy braking. Other faults included the car going into false-positive 'limp home' mode that took the 2 weeks to correct. But what concerned me massively was, and still is, the ability of the air conditioning system to suck in fumes from the engine compartment. In my case there was a loose exhaust pipe clamp at the bottom of the down pipes (i.e. at the very bottom of the engine) and the a/c was sucking in raw untreated Carbon Monoxide. Both my wife and I felt sick and dizzy every time we spent a few minutes in the car. This car is a danger to any passengers if there is a problem under the hood - you may be poisoned! Jaguar's response: "we tightened the clamp which stopped the smell, what is your problem". A disgusting attitude from what used to be a fine manufacturer of prestige vehicles

2 ltr diesel 4 wheel drive

Difficult to fault the F-Pace, great drive, intuitive controls, radio a bit of a faff but that small considering the great looks and performance

R-Sport 2.0D AWD

I wanted this car the minute I saw one. Although it is pricey, I love the ownership experience. IRR with black-pack, privacy glass, 20" Blade alloy wheels etc look great. Good standard spec, roomy and a delightful 8-speed automatic gearbox. Far less common than 'me too' Audi/BMW/Merc - and all the better for it. Quiet and comfortable with terrific handling. Seems to be top quality throughout too. Honestly, this is the best car I've ever had and all the car anyone could possibly need.

2.0l petrol Chequered Flag

2019

Genuinely the worst car I’ve ever owned. The automatic gearbox is horrendous. It has the most uncomfortable jerky ride ever.

25T Portfolio

This is a brilliant car, 5,000 miles so far and absolutely no defects. It is an exciting and safe drive, the 25T engine is very smooth and quiet, but in dynamic mode it really takes off and has a very engaging exhaust note. The build quality is high, there are no squeaks or rattles. The Meridian sound system is excellent. After two years with a Discovery Sport that I liked very much, this is for me the better car, I don’t need to climb the side of Mount Everest. I knew that changing back from diesel to petrol would have a penalty in running costs. However I’m genuinely concerned about the NOX and nano-particulate issues with diesels, more so than CO2. Euro6 does not eliminate them, it just reduces them. This isn’t going to ruin the lives of those living alongside the A38. On a run I get up to 37mpg, in very slow moving traffic it can get down to 25, but in those conditions the DS could get down to 28. If I was looking for the ultimate economy I wouldn’t be driving a car like this anyway, there’s more to life than cost minimisation. Overall it’s a good compromise between the two litre diesels and the three litre V6s, with all the performance and drive satisfaction that I will ever need. After 50 years on the road and umpteen cars, mostly up to high mileages, I’m more pleased with this car than any other I’ve had. My pal prefers it to his X5 and so do I.

25D AWD Portfolio

I have mixed feelings about this car. It is beautiful to look at, great to drive and is very practical being spacious and for a large car, very easy to manoeuvre. However the quality of the software and other 'options' leaves a lot to be desired and in the 13 weeks of ownership of the car it has caused me more problems than in 27 previous years of car ownership. JLR need to get their house in order when it comes to the quality of new vehicles - judging by the number of folks who have experienced similar problems, they have an issue of releasing cars without the product being fully ready. I would not buy this vehicle again unless I was convinced that JLR had fully corrected all the electrical faults and panel alignment issues that people seem to have experienced and I would recommend anyone wait until these issues have been rectified before parting with your hard-earned cash. The irony of the 'car of the year' award when so many owners of brand new vehicles have had unacceptable problems is not lost on me.... The 'no' answer to recommending this car is based on these issues. If these were ironed out it would be a fantastic car, but I could not in all good conscience recommend it at the moment, however good it is to drive (or don't pay for any options).

3.0 supercharged v6 petrol

This is my third jag and by far the best. It drives like a dream, so smooth. the interior cabin is spacious and loaded with features such as customisable ambient lighting, web browser, heated seats, etc. Its exterior looks are sophisticated yet sporty and the car turns heads wherever we go. We chose 22 inch chrome alloys and satin chrome trim against a black paintwork. Yes it's heavy on the juice but who's counting mpg when you're driving this beauty all day. Highly recommended!

3.0 D auto AWD

I've just had the car a few weeks but have now fallen in love with it. My previous car was the Range Rover Sport. I've sacrificed some options such as head up display, TV, fridge, rear heated passenger seats. The car drives like a car, sounds like and feels like a Jag unlike the 2ltr I tested earlier. Range Rover drivers will understand this comment. The dynamic mode is awesome, so I would never use it when my wife is a passenger. The eco mode certainly gives good fuel returns. I have opted for extra large screen which controls radio, phone, and sat-nav. The touch controls are not very sensitive and often need a second or third attempt to activate. I've haven't yet found the detour option on sat-nav, and the Instruction book isn'tmuch help.

sport

Prestige car my foot. Mine has been very poor and the dealership network is bordering on ludicrous. We have completed 21,000miles in 17 months and the faults we have experienced are: The satnav unusable as it is so poor - it sends you down minor roads, takes you off main roads for a tour of minor roads and housing schemes before rejoining the same road, frequently taking different routes to and from the same places, not recognising roads which were built 5 years ago (we often find ourselves driving in fields according to the sat nav). There are lots of squeaks and rattles from the passenger and drivers door. The alloy wheels have corroded and have lacquer bubbling off. The rear discs have corroded, the soundproofing is falling of the wheel arches, the washer pipes became disconnected from the washer bottle. There are several badly fitting body trims (even after several workshop visits to rectify), too. The engine seems to use a lot of oil, it's needed two litres in 15000miles. The Information centre failed and didn't recognising DAB stations or mobile phones: DAB reception very poor anyway. The tow-bar electrical connector fell off; the brake pedal pressure required feels inconsistent and the dual-zone climate control does not work effectively it is either hot or cold on both sides – there is no dual control.

Okay apart from information management system

It's performance is as expected. However, the brakes don't always inspire confidence – they require inconsistent levels of pedal pressure to achieve the same braking performance

Not achieving anywhere near the economy Jaguar claim

3.0 diesel S

Great to look at, drives like a dream and very responsive, the handling is superb for such a big car and it's good fun to drive. Practical and spacious, too. Build quality is ok, I've had Audis for the last 20 years (3 Q7's in that time) and Jag are way behind on this, sadly! There'safew rattles from door pillar and dash which the dealer can never hear when I've taken it in! All round not a bad car and I would buy another.

No issues so far

R Sport

Took delivery of R-Sport with black pack in silver end of September. The car looks great and exceeded my expectations. Well worth the wait for delivery.

3.0 Supercharged Petrol S

Unbelievable drive. Dynamic mode combined with Sport and its like a rocket. Seriously you can feel your adrenaline pumping it's like trying to tame a wild beast. The trim and comfort is second to none. Lots of gadgets with a few extra surprises. Love it.

3.0

I simply love my Jaguar F-Pace. It's the best car I've ever owned in terms of how it looks and how it drives. My previous cars to the F-Pace were an Audi Q5 and two Honda C-RVs... the former I hated, the latter I loved. A great car in so many ways. The only let down is the sat nav, which is average. My car is leased over 3 years and I won't hesitate to have another.

Portfolio 2.0 Diesel, AWD, Auto,

Best car I've ever had! Supremely comfy and quiet, even at high speeds, I do a lot of driving in Germany so get the chance to really stretch her legs. Fully loaded with people and luggage, at 80 mph gives me 40+ mpg. A very easy to drive car which instills confidence from the first push of the button. Sport/Dynamic leaves the racers for dead from the lights, childish I know, but sometimes I just have to do it, slippery surface got me out of a muddy and I do mean muddy field when I parked in the wrong place, while the AWD felt surefooted in snow and ice. Someone can always find something to complain about on any car, but if my main complaint is that there's no CD player, does that mean that I'm sad or the car is good? The drivers leather seat shows signs of wear after 5000 miles but as I'm swapping it for an F-Type, I don't care.

Superb! Never a glitch on starting and everything works just as it should. Good acceleration and braking, excellent road manners and a dream to drive.

Good go and stop, road holding is great even when pushing hard on rural roads. I run out of ability before the car ever does, she always inspires me with confidence.

Only ever needed to add fuel and the fuel economy is pretty good. Fully loaded at a constant high speeds on the continental highways give 40 mpg.

3 Litre S V6

I have had my new F Pace since May 2017 and although there were some initial issues with the AC / Deployable Side Steps / Suspension mode they were all ironed out by the dealer. My main issues are as follows. * The entertainment software is very poor, especially the link to my iPhone. * The Sat Nav is very poor with little to zero traffic updates and alternate routes. * The dealers don't seem to have "Tech" experts to assist either (H A Fox) * The dashboard alignment is poor for a car this expensive. Other than that, it is great to drive, very comfortable and can certainly pick it's feet up when you need it to. I ordered mine in white with a black / white interior which looks amazing. I also opted for the larger screen & highest spec meridian sound system,the only issue as mentioned earlier is it is difficult to navigate the entertainment options, the link to the iPhone is hit & miss and the traffic assistance seems to be non existent (Although that might just be me not setting it up correctly?) In summary, a great car to drive and it certainly looks the part but JLR need to sort out the software or at the very least have trained engineers that can give a much better hand over / tuition. I wanted to buy British and would recommend this car, but only if JLR sort the issues out.

2.0d AWD manual

Fantastic car with no faults. Has behaved impeccably and is great to drive. It had a slow puncture and the tyre pressure warning system alerted me which was reassuring.

100%

Brisk performance from a vey willing engine with plenty of low down torque.

Very low for a big car

R Sport

Went into get a brochure came out with a car and what a car. Had BMW Volvo and 9 years of Audi but this car tops them all. Thought I was a saloon girl but definitely not. Love it Love it Love it. Prefer the drive in dynamic mode, love the interior and the touch screen. I didn't design my own so had what someone else was choosing. They choose the side plates against the sun roof. I would have gone for the sun roof but after driving it definitely would keep the side plates. Helps with aged relatives both 87 ! Would have had the larger touch screen and the sun roof and a choice of interior lighting but all in all happy with the choices made by the would be purchaser . This cat and I are sticking together Thank you Jaguar for a fabulous SUV. Julia x

2.0d privilege AWD

Quite impressed with the F-Pace although I exchanged a 5year old Q7, so getting used to a smaller vehicle takes some getting used to. The styling is very smart and you feel like you're in a Jag. Choosing the 2ltr for family days is ideal and also for ordinary driving there's enough power, but I feel that the 3ltr would have made the drive a bit more fun.

2.5

2019

Very poor and not worth half the price I paid. Its cruise control and speed limiter doesn’t work. The parcel shelf doesn’t meet rear seats. It's terrible in ice, the sat nav is ridiculously complicated and overall I'm very disappointed!

2.0d sport

I've owned my jaguar f-pace for less than a year. I decided to invest in what I thought was going to be a safe, reliable and prestigious car with great post sale service, unfortunately Jaguar failed me across the board and I felt compelled to let as many people know of my experience so no one has to go through the stress and anxiety I have since I bought the car. As many have already mentioned, the car has a terrible GPS and radio which we've had to update twice in 10 months and the vehicle blows out cold air when you have the climate control on in the winter. However these issues were the last of my worries. Over 10 months we have had the balance shaft and wheel bearings replaced TWICE and the bearing hub once. The front cameras also popped out of place and also had to be replaced. Perhaps we have been unlucky with this particular vehicle, but there is no denying that there is something seriously wrong with it to have had two serious issues occur twice! We contacted JLR head office and explained that maybe we have just been unlucky but want the car replaced or rejected, to which they initially agreed. 4 weeks down the line they wanted 10k to account for the mileage on the car, so essentially Jaguar wanted £10,000 simply to give the FAULTY car back - totally unreasonable given the circumstances. After months of going back and forth, Jaguar have taken 0 responsibility for this faulty car and have certainly damaged their reputation. NOTE THAT THE WHEEL BEARINGS IS A KNOWN ISSUE AND HAS AFFECTED 1000'S OF JLR VEHICLE'S - OUR'S WAS NOT A ONE OFF. Also note that under consumer law, if a part is replaced twice the manufacturer is liable to compensate you - a legislation Jaguar have chosen to ignore. For a manufacturer who prides itself of great service to the customer have proven to be nothing but unreasonable. I am now taking legal action towards Jaguar as they will not be reasonable or compromise. I have always looked at Jaguar as a great brand, but please let my misery be a warning to anyone who is even thinking about buying an F-Pace - Please don't do it!

Excellent handling. Enjoy the driving factor experience. Have owned LR’s for years. Turned to Jag F as disliked the style of new LRs. Needed carry room. The tech could be better as made for Android not Apple, but few issues, and solved myself. My Maine dealer is awesome, service and professionalism superior. That’s an important part of owning a vehicle. Waiting for the new Defender to come to the US, hope I am not disappointed!

R-sport

It's been an absolute pleasure to drive. Better than any German production I have ever owned. Fully loaded, remote start, glass roof, concealed side steps. 2.0-litre diesel more than adequate for a beastly-sized but compact vehicle. Done 4,000 miles in Europe and over all kinds of terrain. Excellent build and ride.

3l diesel S

I had an F-Pace S with a list price of more than £62,000. It was badly built from poor quality components with an underdeveloped infotainment system that is unfair for use. The car was dull and uninspiring to drive. The interior was built with low quality plastic and the seat leather was unbelievably thin and poor quality. It had multiple visits to the dealers to realign badly fitted body panels, replace the shoddy drivers seat and to reprogram the infotainment system, using up enormous amounts of my time. The JLR loan vehicles provided were all equally poor. I would not recommend this vehicle, or any other JLR product, to anybody.

3ltr V6 S

This car is amazing to drive and really good looking! however, after 14 months of persistent issues with the In Control Pro media system I've had enough! I have always wanted a Jag but I'm afraid this will be my only one! I have never had a new car spend so much time in the technicians workshop. I'm so disappointed that the “IT” issues have ruined my experience.

It goes ok, everything works as it should but the media In Control Pro system is rubbish. On mine it never worked correctly since new sept 2017 to date Oct 18 and they still can't sort it
All ok

Good engine smaller range than id have liked In control system is rubbish on my car

2 litre R Sport manual rear wheel drive

I ordered this car as soon as the books opened, so I could have it on 1 st September. It was a long wait. I ordered it in caesium blue with the black pack, white leather, power folding mirrors, privacy glass and black headlining and on collection day was not disappointed. The car was unveiled to me in my own handover bay at the dealer. I was given the keys in a presentation box, a bottle of whisky a couple of bits of Jaguar merchandise and was given a tour of the cars features and shown how stuff works. The amount of looks this car gets is amazing. I have people coming up to me asking to see inside it and take pictures, and people just saying 'nice car mate', giving me the thumbs up and second glances everywhere. Honestly this car is 100% perfect there isn't enough words to describe it but as Jaguar said grace, space and pace. Enjoy driving your F-Paces everyone, and if you have one on order I hope you enjoy it when it comes

3.0d S

Fantastic SUV that drives like a sports car despite its size. I've been very pleased with mine since new. No problems except for an occasional glitch with the USB player, but I understand that's been fixed in the next software release. Comfortable cabin with sensible use of leather and plastic. Put it in dynamic mode and sport and whoosh the fun begins - I look forward to driving every time I get in it.

R Sport

Exceptional SUV with power and looks. Comfortable ride, good all round vision and feels safe in corners at speed. Not managed many long journeys so can't really quote MPG but i'm sure i'll be pleased.