Kia Soul owner reviews

“With a quirky design and spacious interior, the Kia Soul is a crossover that’s sure to get you noticed, but it’s not very economical”

• Suspension (1 cases)

connect petrol

I chose this car to replace an 11-Reg Soul Tempest. What a difference! New car is so much easier to drive with its comfort steering. It's so different to the earlier model, much more comfortable and easy to drive. Cruise control and speed limiter are included, and the reversing camera again a big improvement on the old. Good high ride and plenty of room as before. For space, height and practicality I would strongly recommend the Kia Soul. It's no longer the only odd looking boxy design on the road and far better looking than many more expensive box designs.

Had no problems with previous Soul over 6 full years
No slouch, but then I'm not a boy racer

Not the best but for what you get in space and practicality ok

1.6 CRDI 5Dr

2011

Sturdy Family car. Loads of leg room front and rear, which is great for father who has problems getting in and out usually, but not in the Soul! Seating is comfortable as are the headrests which adjust individually and easily. There's lots of storage inside for CDs, books, cup holders and pockets behind passenger and drivers seat for children. I like the Anti-dazzle rear-view mirror and the electric folding door mirrors. The kia soul is a lovely drive always starts first time and the gearbox is a pleasure to use. This car loves long journeys it runs smoothly and it gets you out of tight spots. It's a solid and safe feeling car. My only complaint is the reverse gear location which is a bit hard to grasp at first, as you have to pull the gear knob up and sit it in place. Also when you are reversing you've actually got more room than what you see in your mirror. I love this car.

Kia Soul Maxx 1.6 diesel manual

We bought the Kia soul rather impulsively after sitting in one in our local car showroom and have enjoyed every minute of ownership so far. It's very comfortable, roomy,good on motorway, quiet & extremely high spec and well built and with fuel consumption around 50mpg, it's economical enough. It is a smooth cruiser, looks well and goes well too. The only criticism we identified in our test drive and have found in our own car is that it's rather leisurely and has not the low down torque of some other cars but I suspect they don't have the comfort or are as nice on long motorway drives. We love our Kia Soul.

Diesel

Bought the kia as a second car runabout Average car. Nothing special. Cabins a bit plasticky, but okish. Sqeaks when cold. Lot of tyre noise at motorway speeds and diesel was noisy Seating and storage good, although limited when rear seats are in use. One suitcase can only be stored or a couple of bits of hand luggage Performance us a bit sluggish more so on steep hills. It gets traded in in September. I won't be buying another. Better cars around for same cash and comfort

Quantum

2012

I got the Soul in 2012 for my sports retail business and I must say she has done everything we have asked of her, moving product back and forth, seats up and down all the time with boxes in and out, going to shows etc. There is plenty of room for a small vehicle front and back, and because she looks different from other cars and we got her sign written we get noticed more. The Soul is a great car but there are some drawbacks. The ride could be better, especially on poor roads - the bumps do go bump with the big wheels we have. The spec on her is pretty good, leather and heated seats, good sound system, could have done with cruise control but on the whole a great all-round car. Seven-year warranty is a plus and Kia has been excellent too. I am coming to the end of my lease soon and will be looking at the new Soul 2015 and the Citroen Cactus - at the moment the Soul is ahead.

Had no problems at all.

Not the fastest, good on motorways - need cruise control.

Around £40 to fill her up - average.

2011

Great all-round family car with plenty of space in cabin and boot. Very useful design with height and access in boot and seats for lifting stuff in and out without breaking your back. Higher ground clearance and short turning angles make it a much handier car for farm lanes and parking on grass verges for outdoor activity trips where I always damaged previous saloon cars before. Fine general purpose vehicle.