Honda Jazz hatchback (2015-2020): owner reviews

“The Honda Jazz has a class-leading boot and the most spacious interior of any supermini, thanks to its tall roof and upright stance”

Price
£13,880 - £22,530

• Electrics, Other (1 cases)

1.3 EX CVT

I have had this car for little less than 2 years now and covered over 10k miles mostly short daily commutes and the odd weekend trips. The car has been very reliable with no faults whatsoever. It's a really spacious cabin with good luggage carrying capacity, which puts bigger cars to shame. My only gripe is the slow to respond CVT gearbox, which is absolutely fine for everyday commute, but I would have preferred slightly more pickup especially from standstill. Other than that, it's perfect car for city commute / longer journeys.

1.5 Sport

After owing a Honda Jazz for the last 15 years it as an easy choice when buying a new car. We got a great deal on the 1.5 Sport model. This car is superb and has so many safety features including daylight led lights, auto dip headlights, parking sensors, hill assist, multiple airbags and many more!. The 1.5 engine offers plenty of power but is still very economical and has a nice throaty sound when pushed. The interior is very spacious and can seat 5 adults. The only negative is an infotainment system that is quite difficult to use. It's a great car that I am sure will last as long as my 1st Jazz, which I have kept as I couldn’t force myself to sell!

No problems as yet but being a Honda there shouldn’t be a problems.
Has enough power for most road conditions.

Very economical

1.3 EX Navi

This is my second Honda since my 1976 Honda Dream motorbike. Excellent interior space, well put together, not the very highest quality materials but functional, easy to clean and probably long lasting. Well pleased with the fuel consumption for a new engine, I've covered fewer than 1000 miles at present. Yes, performance could be better but vehicle not purchased for this. It does exactly what I bought it for.

SE i-vtec

A main dealer ex-demo model. My fourth Jazz. It's far superior to previous Jazzes. I commute 25 miles by motorway: 56 mpg. Cruise control superb and functions from 18mph; so I use it on urban cycle too: 60 mpg. Who needs a diesel? In cabin noise is reduced and the ride is much improved. Any engine sound is reassuring rather than intrusive. Steep hills - cog down and get it buzzing and it will take you there ok. Infotainment easy to use: Steering paddles for this and cruise control. It was easy to re-calibrate the tyre deflation display. Follow page 444 of the user guide. Gear shift is nicely close cut; a sporty feel. A nice drive. Reverse needs a bit of a shuffle but with use it will free up. Bags of leg room. Ok; it's not a Ferrari but at least mine's red and its appearance is creditable. Oh; that cruise control is my pit lane limiter! Well Honda is the 'power of dreams' after all. This again, is a great little car. Mine already had a 5 year service plan on it. The dealership also threw in the Guardex body and interior protection system.There are no negatives worth mentioning here. It was good fun sat in it on my drive matching all the functions with the 'How it Works' manual. All sorted.

My fourth Jazz. Never been let down yet.

Superb cruise control - keeping well to the set mph as it traverses undulations on the motorway. The power comes on for the rises and has a more powerful feel than it really is. It's adequate on bye-road, steep hills but cog down and keep it buzzing before the engine revs die too much. It feels secure on bends and under braking on all road surfaces. The traction control is an added bonus here too. The steering is 'feely' enough. The automatic lights and wipers do their job alright. I would not describe the drive as uninteresting.

Brilliant mpg. Cheap road tax. I drive for economy so I'm light on tyres and brakes. I don't hold back on the motorways though and it still returns 56 mpg.

1.3 S CVT

Great for city driving and comfortable for motorway journeys. A little unresponsive when joining a motorway but better when you it in S gear mode not D.

No problems yet
Great around town and on a long journey, but not so good joining on motorway junctions.

Better MPG than previous Civic

EX-Navi manual

After 11 months and 9,000 miles I can report that I find the latest version of the Jazz to be well-built, trouble-free, practical, capacious, well-equipped and economical. Car Buyer's rating of 4 stars is about right; the under-powered engine is its one significant drawback, requiring frequent use of the gears to achieve decent acceleration. I have read that Honda designed the car to appeal to younger buyers (hence some of the new paint colours) but, if so, it was a serious misjudgement to offer just one engine with a lacklustre performance.

Excellent reliability which is what I have come to expect from Honda.

Under-powered.

With a mixture of short and long runs I am consistently achieving between 53- 57mph which I think is pretty good.

1.3 Automatic

I have owned my 2018 model Honda Jazz 1.3 i-VTEC S 5dr CVT car for 2 years now, and agree with all the positive feedback about reliability and space in the interior, which is a great feature. I find it drives well and it's comfortable for commuting and on longer journeys. However the parking sensors are very sensitive, sending warning lights and sounds for no reason randomly, which is very distressing in traffic. I have experienced several times warnings that something is approaching the corner of the car, and been anxious there might be a child or animal I cant see - only to find nothing at all. The automatic windscreen wipers come on for the finest of spray, and not at times when the rain is hard. The lights are generally better but are also come on randomly at times as with the other warning systems I have mentioned. The randomness of this system has me turning off the warnings - which defeats the purpose of having them. The next weak link is the Honda control of the infotainment system. You can link your phone by Bluetooth, and phone calls come through seamlessly, however the lack of sat nav= in this model is poor, considering it is available in many smaller cars. You have to use your phone for navigation and the Honda system mutes the sound. This means I have to have a holder for my phone and watch the navigation rather than hearing it. The new screen mirroring app on the Android is also blocked, so there is no access there either. I have asked if these are things that can be fixed by a software update - however that isn't possible and I am told it is just the way it is!

si

A totally uninspiring car, the engine couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding! The front A-pillar is a nightmare-covering people as they try to cross the road, trust me, your head is bobbing all over the place trying to see what's behind that pillar, the lights on my car are poor-in my opinion they are dangerous! As for the plus sides, it's extremely reliable - if you need a car that will get you there, and not cost much in the process, buy a Jazz! These cars just do not break down -5 years I've had it. And as for replacement costs, it's only had one set of tyres and one set of brake discs (again-my driving style)! They just go on & on with no fuss. The rear seat fold up system is great if you've got dogs and the boot is decent for a small hatchback. Would I recommend one, well if you only drive in the day yes but if you drive at night regularly I'd steer well clear! Id like to give it 5 stars for such low running costs- but those lights!

1.3 Manual

I have been using this car almost an year. It's well equipped, has a good driving position and is an excellent reliable car. This is my first car in UK, the only problem I have seen in the car is noise while driving in motorway above 60mph. I get 52 mpg most of the time, and get around 55 mpg on longer motorway drives. Good points - Excellent visibility, Safe and well equipped, Easy to drive, Reliable, MPG. Bad points - Noise during motorway driving. But overall, I love this car.

I have not seen any problem in the last one year. Excellent

Not bad for 1.3 engine.

52MPG is good for city and motorway driving

1.3 S

I BOUGHT THIS CAR FROM NEW 18 MONTHS AGO. IT'S SUPERB FOR TOWN DRIVING, PARKING, COMFORTABLE AND ECONOMICAL ON LONG TRIPS. MY ONLY QUIBBLE IS TYRES - 2 FLATS IN A YEAR AND NO SPARE, MAKING REPLACEMENT AWKWARD. COULD BE BAD LUCK BUT I HAVE HAD ONLY 2 FLATS IN 20 YEARS IN OTHER CARS.
EXTREMELY RELIABLE SO FAR
VERY SATISFACTORY FOR TOWN DRIVING AND SUITS ME FOR LONGER JOURNIES BUT IT IS NOT A HIGH PERFORMANCE CAR SO IT CANNOT BE COMPARED IN PERFORMANCE TO A BMW
VERY GOOD INDEED COMPARED TO MOST CARS OF SIMILAR SIZE

1.3 EX Navi

So far this is an excellent 'little' car, thanks to the clever design it doesn't actually seem that small. In normal usage which for me is a quick commute and fairly local journeys I am getting about 53mpg compared to the 47mpg I used to get from my previous car (a Kia Picanto) but the Honda recently delivered over 60mpg on a 300 mile round trip mainly using motorways. The handling is very good and I find it very comfortable even after a long journey. I have a couple of negative points, the insurance is ridiculously high for a small, fairly low powered vehicle, it is nearly double my other car which is more expensive and more powerful, also there is a dip in power when I put my foot down, it's almost as though there is an 'economy mode' and a 'normal mode' with a dip in between, this may well be a characteristic of that engine, it does mean a bit more thought before overtaking. So far I have had no faults apart from needing a key battery which surprised me but that again may be a characteristic of keyless entry, they may be heavier on battery use but it was simple to replace.

No problems so far

Fine if you're a Sunday driver (yes, these are often driven by older people so this may suit them) but a bit of lag when dropping a gear and accelerating

Insurance is high compared to my other and previous vehicles

1.3 ES 2017

I find the Jazz is okay to drive, I have to use the gears more than my old 2009 Jazz. I also find the door mirrors to be smaller (shorter in length) so the view is not as good. especially the left near side. What I don't like about the jazz (old and new) is that there's no spare wheel, the silly stuff you squirt in the tyre " did you know if you use this your tyre is scraped". But not only that the new jazz has no jack or tools to remove the wheel, very poor show Honda think again. Apart from that it's a nice car to get you about. I would say if you want a Honda jazz, do what I have done tell the salesman you want the Jack and tools included as part of the deal. Then look on eBay and buy a spare wheel for about £100_£150. All the best. Doug.

1.3 ex

Nicely built car but suspension a little harsh on bad roads. The engine is okay for short trips and town work but I feel a more powerful engine choice should be offered such as a variant of the new 3 cylinder turbocharged unit in the new Civic. VW offer a comprehensive choice of engines for their Polo and I feel Honda should do the same for their Jazz.

EX

This is my first Honda. Its main plus point is the light and airy cabin like a mini-MPV, and its good boot space. There are lots of different configurations for carrying dogs, tools, luggage and passengers. My dog likes the rear passenger area with the seats folded back. The EX has cruise control, auto dip headlights, DAB, auto wipers, all round parking sensors so there are no expensive extras to buy compared to most of the competition. Around town I get 50+mpg, at 70mph on cruise control I get around 55. It's not a car for boy racers, but a comfortable and a reasonably refined motorway cruiser. £555 for 5 years Honda service helped seal the deal.

SE I-VTEC

A dealer ex-demo with 1,800 miles on it. Far better than any previous Jazz. It's my fourth. 25 mile commute by motorway; 56 mpg. Up to 60 mpg on slower roads. I drive it on cruise control. Feels more powerful than it really is when the power comes on when climbing on cruise control. Need to cog down before the engine dies on by-road hills. Keep the engine buzzing. It 'not a Ferrari but mine's red. Honda claims the power of dreams so the cruise control steering paddle really is my pit lane limiter! A great little big car.

Never had a reliability issue with any of my four Jazzes.
Set the cruise control to a high Motorway speed and it will still return up to 56 mpg. On slower roads I can find up to 60 mpg. Quieter ride. Any engine sound is reassuring rather than intrusive. Corners alright on all surfaces. Traction control assisted. Acceleration is adequate given the available engine power. It won't burn rubber but I'm not interested in to that anyway. Loads of warning sensors. Infotech easy to use, even with gloves on.

Up to 60 mpg and cheap road tax. Mine came with a five year service package and Guardex body and upholstery protection included. Cheap insurance.

Recommended