Kia Sportage SUV (2010-2014): owner reviews

"The Kia Sportage is a good value, practical and smart competitor in the crossover class."

• Electrics, Gearbox / clutch (2 cases)
  • Gearbox / clutch (4 cases)
  • Electrics, Other (2 cases)
  • Electrics, Gearbox / clutch, Other (1 cases)
  • Gearbox / clutch, Suspension, Other (1 cases)
  • Electrics (4 cases)
  • Engine, Other (2 cases)
  • Engine (1 cases)
  • Brakes, Electrics, Engine, Gearbox / clutch, Suspension, Other (2 cases)
  • Brakes, Electrics, Engine, Suspension, Other (1 cases)
  • Brakes, Engine (1 cases)
  • Electrics, Engine, Gearbox / clutch, Other (1 cases)
  • Electrics, Engine, Other (1 cases)
  • Brakes, Engine, Suspension, Other (1 cases)
  • Suspension (4 cases)

1.7 Diesel eco dynamic

2012

This is a lovely car apart from the constant electrical faults. The rain sensor has faulted twice making the intermittent wiper setting break, the central locking broke once, temperature sensor warning of ice only works occasionally (usually when there’s not even a light frost!). The auto stop/start works so infrequently I think I’ve stalled when it kicks in. Oh and it needed a new clutch earlier this year after less than 58,000 miles.

diesel

2012

I was originally so pleased to be buying a nice chunky looking Kia Sportage - I was hoping it would be on a par with my old Nissan Qashqai. How wrong I was! The 7yr warranty was one of the main attractions as it gave me peace of mind that if anything went wrong with it, it would be fixed - again, how wrong I was! The Kia main dealer was the first problem - very helpful when we were buying but once the cash was handed over they simply didn't want to know. I had terrible problems with the clutch pedal being excessively heavy but they were not interested saying it was within normal limits & therefore nothing could be done. The 7yr warranty just meant any problems were denied rather than looked into. I complained to kia customer services & to our disappointment they said their main dealers were not their responsibility - and could not help. I think this really is shirking their responsibility as you assume you will have some comeback with a main dealer. It is a terrible drive overall, awful steering/handling & very bouncy. The children feel car sick on just short journeys. As soon as I can I will be going back to a Nissan Qashqai - far superior in every way! I think it is the customer service/main dealer problem I found the most awful and poor.
reliable as it has never broken down.
Poor

average

2.0CRDi KX-3 Sat Nav

Starting with a positive, I still like the look of the Sportage and think the now "old" model is better than the new one they have just launched in 2016. However the positives stop there. I had this on a 3 year lease and am buying myself out of the lease because I am fed up with the car. Fuel consumption is poor, and generally the car is unrefined. The "leather seats" aren't real leather. Service costs are high and the attitude at the dealership outside of Southampton is poor. The audio / sat nav system is of course a bought in unit, but it is absolutely dreadful. Part way into a journey using the sat nav it decided to change to Italian. The bluetooth doesn't work reliably, the clock shows up occasionally. Audio quality is poor. The unit has been checked and upgraded. I wouldn't recommend this vehicle or the Kia dealership.

To be fair it has never let me down

Dull and uninspiring performance

Consumption is poor, service costs are high.

2.0-litre petrol

2012

Poor mpg. 37 claimed but lucky to get 30. Persistent rattles that come and go within the cabin. Lost gearbox linkage when the car was 2 yrs old & sunroof packed up at 3yrs as it wouldn't close. Both dealt with by warranty but a day's holiday taken to fit this in. Took car in under warranty with the cabin noises but no difference despite 2 hrs claimed work on it.

2.0 Petrol 5 door

2010

Worst car I have ever owned. I have owned this car for 3 years and during this time I had 12 months free of problems. In garage 3 times with flooding in front footwells; twice to have carpets dried out; twice with reversing lights; front wheel arch falling off; light stack replaced; flexible hose on exhaust came apart; fan resistor replaced; new bushes to rear suspension; recall to have new brake light switch. Complained to Kia HQ and they offered me £100 against next service or accessories on condition I kept this private and did not discuss this situation with anyone (still have the e-mails). It got to the point where I lost all faith in the reliability of this car wondering what would be the next thing to go wrong.

1.7 CRDi

All in all it's been a massive letdown. We were going from a 6-year-old Golf and were taken in by the looks and the long warranty. The test drive model seemed pretty good but ours is pretty bad. The gearbox feels cheap and is nasty to drive. Gear shifts are crunchy and noisy. A horrible transmission. A year in and there are squeaks and rattles I can't locate from all over the car. It bounces around on uneven roads and the engine sounds like a tank. The 1.7 diesel engine is just sluggish and pulling out of a junction is jerky and slow. The mobile/bluetooth connectivity works intermittently and it's not comfortable to drive. About the only positive thing is the way it looks. But I'd never get another and can't wait to get rid. Back to better, more solid premium brands and not badly made cheap Korean rubbish.

KX-2

2012

Very bouncy on uneven roads, which is worse when towing a caravan. Noisy from cold and gear selection poor when very cold. Black trim loses its colour quickly and needs constant treatment to maintain its look.

1.5-2 litre, Diesel, Semi Auto

Good

Slightly heavier fuel consumption than expected

2011

one issue with the ABS lights, electronic issue with the sensor on the accelerator pedal.

I have done 27000 miles and have only required a tax disc and 1 service, still on original tyres.

havnt had any breakdowns-failures

fuel usage good, depends on how you drive

so far is very reliable

2011

Nothing has ever failed, however the iPhone sync sometimes fails to work properly.

Never purchased a spare part but fuel consumption is horrendous and servicing is not cheap.

2012

Confident in the car getting me wherever I want to go

Excellent service cost and running cost

ONLY HAD THE CAR SINCE MARCH 100%

FUEL IS THE ONLY EXPENSE

2011

I have owned the car since June 2011 and so far have not had any problems with mechanical reliability

For the size of the car the running costs are quite good

2011

works perfectly - not one issue from day 1.

It's a diesel so I expected better economy. No where near the manufacturer's claims- very disappointing.

2011

Not had it long enough to have any issues yet.?

Better than my previous Z4, tyres are a lot cheaper than runflats.

2011

No problems with anything since new.

Good mpg. Servicing more expensive than previous cars.

2.0 diesel

2011

Hands down worst car company we have ever had to deal with. After 10 years of having owned a kia,previously owning a serento and recently changing to a sportage. Problems started around 6 months ago when the turbo and head gasket had blown on the motorway, kia took the car in for repairs and came back a week later. Some months later we took the car on holiday to cornwall (a long drive from manchester) with the car again breaking down so we took it to the nearest kia garage in taunton. Mechanic at kia said he was appauled at how the car had been fixed the first time, with no cables and various other parts not fitted either tightly or correctly. Kia again took the car in for repairs and we were told the car wouldnt be available for 1 month, bearing in mind we was only away for 2 week. We was given a courtesy car (initally told we would have to pay £300 for the use which was an absolute joke) and it would be picked up from our home in manchester on a specified date. We were then told we would have to make our own way back down to taunton to collect our own car after repairs and we wouldnt be refunded a single penny!!. A waste of my husbands time who had to take a days wage unpaid to go and collect the car we also had to use our own petrol money as KIA had said it wasn't their responsibility now the car had been fixed. Customer service was absolutely appauling to say we was only a few weeks away from changing to a brand new serento!!. To top it off we ourselves have recently recieved a bill in the post again from KIA asking for a further £280 to repair a scratch on the front panel of the courtesy car. We will never buy from KIA again and have begun to realise why they offer such a high warranty. Poorly made and extremely poor customer service. I have give this review one star, wish i could of give it nothing. From a company who were very quick to try and fast track a new car order from us, extremely slow and very dissapointing customer service

KX-4 Auto

2012

Awful handling, Awful Torque Converter gearbox, Awful radio with poor RDS implementation. Don't even start me off on voice commands (none of which work), Sat Nav that doesn't know hundreds of postcodes. Fuel economy is dire (22-26 urban, 36 on a long run IF you're lucky), Xenon headlights are poor if you compare them to other marques. Engine sounds like a tractor. I'm so fed up with it, that I've sold it. I would only inflict this car on my worst enemy, because as far as I'm concerned this car has no redeeming qualities except when it's snowing or you have about 1ft of water when it's fun.

KX3 Sat Nav 2.0

38.6
Owned for 4 months now, nothing but good to say about it so far. Good driving position and visibility and a good comfortable drive. 38.6 for an all round fuel return isn't too bad. Sure footed and a joy to drive. Everyone that's got in it says they want one, what more can I say.

, 1.6-litre to 1.9-litre, Diesel, Manual

I love it

KX-3 Sat Nav, 2.0-litre to 3.0-litre, Diesel, Manual

2010

In the few months that i've had the pleasure of owning this vehicle, i can honestly and confidently say that it has been just as rewarding if not more rewarding to run than my previous vehicles such as the bmw 120i with m sports package, lexus is200 and subaru impreza wrx. I am not in the least skeptical about kia anymore and would readily recommend it to my friends and family. I am glad that i chose this vehicle to upsize into.

1st Edition Sportage, 2.0-litre to 3.0-litre, Diesel, Manual

2010

It's brilliant! Great styling, excellent ride quality & a real eye catcher - exactly what you need today.

first edition, 2.0-litre to 3.0-litre, Diesel, Automatic

2010

So far (only owned for 3 months) it has proved excellent all round. dealer pre-delivery missed a faulty seal that caused auto gear box major breakdown, which was very worrying and off-putting on day two of ownership but everything else has exceeded expectations, including acceleration, it's far livelier than the figure suggest. kia image a bit problematic after our series of 3 series but bmw saloons hopeless in snow an ice, which is why we changed.

1700 diesel 2

It's a lovely car with loads of space. Fuel consumption is OK and running costs are low. The ride is a bit bumpy but nothing too bad. But by far and away the worst thing is the stereo – it's completely useless after 5 years.

I've not had a problem. Bang on.

It's not a Ferrari, in fact it's a bit underpowered but it gets me down the road fine.

low running cost

diesel 1.7l ISG 2

2012

I am very disappointed this is the worst car I have owned - I had a Nissan Qashqai before & that was infinitely better. The steering & handling is awful & the clutch is heavy & makes it a very unpleasant drive. I thought the 7yr warranty was great but not if the kia garages don't agree with you that something is wrong or needs sorting out! They are obviously used to wriggling out of sorting most of the problems you expect to be under the warranty. As for customer service you can forget it - Kia UK are totally uninterested in customer after sales care & the 2 main dealers I have dealt with were equally appalling. If you are looking for a great crossover I suggest you go with a Nissan Qashqai - I miss my old one every day!

It is reliable in that it has never broken down.

An unpleasant & dull driving experience. Anyone or anything in the back gets thrown from side to side on the slightest bend - not good for travel sickness! Uncomfortable foot position on the clutch pedal.
Average

2.0 Diesel

2012

Brought this to replace a Mercedes 270 Cdi. First of all the car is comfortable and looks good. The downside is the poor economy; my Mercedes on a motorway run managed an excellent 49mpg, bearing in mind that it was a 2.7 litre engine. The Sportage, which is a 2.0, only manages 35mpg, why? The ride is a bit hard, albeit it is on 18-inch tyres. It has a few irritating rattles and the two nearside passenger doors both have bits of plastic falling off from the interior door handle area. Worse still the engine has developed what best can be described as a high-pitched chirping which gets worse as you accelerate. The garage replaced the alternator as they said it showed signs of wear? Only for the chirping sound to start again so now waiting again for two days before I get the car back. Disappointed that this should happen to a car with 23k on the clock. Should have stuck with Merc or BMW which was my first choice but thought a AWD car for the winter was better.

1.7 "3"

2011

This is the second Sportage I have owned but can't agree with some of the reviews on here. My Kia dealer (Premier in Dukinfield) can't do more for me. The car is superb, really easy to drive, a good spec, pretty cheap to run. So much so that I've just ordered a new one! I have had an issue with a recall a while ago but it was sorted when it was in for a service and the seals on the sunroof have been problematic and have had to go back in. No issues from the dealer though fixed straight away. Kia is no longer a cheap brand, and the fact you now see so many on the road there're are a lot of happy Kia owners by the looks of things. I have owned more prestigious cars in the past and lost an awful lot of money on them. These days I wouldn't change from a Sportage. Fun, practical and economical all backed by a trouble free warranty.

1.7 diesel eco

Nice car to drive Panel lights too bright driving at night , you cannot dim them Stop-start stopped working months ago, Kia state it's a battery problem Battery needs to be at least 85 percent charged for it to work. Hand brake could be better.

1.7 KX-3

2012

Good grief an appauling car!

KX 4

2012

Rubbish. Most I have ever spent on a car and all I have had is problem after problem. Looks good but there appear to be quality issues in manufacture. I had alloys corroding, seats falling apart, sun-roof not sealing, and lots of rattles from the head lining. At times it feels like I am driving a low budget car and the road noise is wearing. Will go back to 'premium' cars as they understand quality and refinment.

1.7 Diesel

2011

Love the looks my dealer base been very good but the car has a few issues fuel filter degrade in frosty conditions putting the car in safe engine mode no throttle responds been caught out on a motorway twice like this very scary, Bluetooth absolute waste of time has not worked from new, been recalled twice with a fault with brake servo, drivers seat hydraulic jack up useless failed after a few months of new, suspension very poor after a year and the car is under braked the front discs are too small.

1.6 plus

Sportage is a very good car for the price but... 1.The parking censors on the back dont indicate distance 2.No parking censors in front 3.The air condition here in Cyprus is very weak especially in summer 4.The car needs a lot of gas 9 L/100 km

2011

I have never had any issues so can't fault it so far.

I got better fuel consumption from my previous 2 liter petrol 3 series BMW when doing the same commute.

Remarkable

No problems at all

No unexpected costs. Very cheap servicing package.

Reliability so far excellent

This is the worst car I've ever had for fuel, it doesn't get anywhere near the official fuel figures and has guzzled Ł200+ worth of diesel in a month.

Excellent reliabiity

economical and easy to find parts

faultless

2.0 D 100 HP AWD Automatik

2011

this is a car for housewives who drive little car. In my 2.0 D after 26 months or 60,000 km, the water pump has failed, then the motor scrap. ,

1.7crdi Black Edition

Built as good as it looks. No fit and finish issues at all and a lot of car for the money - not built on a budget at all and suits my pocket. The little diesel has enough punch when needed but it is a little noisy in the low ratio first through second. I like getting 49mpg better than the extra cost of running the 4wd 2 litre, but I accept I do not tow or go off road in which case I guess the extra costs involved and a slightly better turn of speed would be a good trade off. Mostly I off-peak cruise motorway and urban dual carriageway to London and back and it is less noisy than my previous Mazda 6. I enjoy the driving position and comfortable seat with all the toys and premium infinity sound system at my convenience as well as a clear, easy to use sat nav with real time traffic information. I especially like the road speed limit information.

Feels robust and I am concern free.
3.5 stars I think as 1st and 2nd can be noisy if you need to pull off quickly. The torque pull from 3rd up is really enjoyable and (weirdly) it is quieter at 80mph than 70. It steers and corners as well as previous Vectras, a Mazda 6 and Hyundai i40 as far as I am concerned...but I'm just an average bloke doing the daily grind on major roads to London and back.

£30 VED, low group 13 insurance, 49mpg and it doesn't chew tyres (20k miles and only half worn).

1.7 Sat Nav

The 4+ star reviews are from people who have had this car <1 year from new. Longer and you see the issues build up. It is very unreliable. 7 yr warranty not worth much when everything is 'wear and tear'. I've had engine cut out (not covered), wheels corroding (covered), sat nav fail (not covered), clutch/DMF fail (not covered), rattles (un-resolved), plastic (leather -joke) seats rip/tear (covdered). Electric Window fail (not covered) and ECU fail (not covered). Total bills outside of servicing £3500. This is a poor car! Never again.

KX-3

I've been very pleased with Kia, my local dealer (Bells, Bedford) have been nothing but excellent. The car has been excellent, although only used for mainly short trips we've done a couple of long trips, fully loaded with 2 dogs, baby and a roof box which it dealt with admirably. It's quiet, gear changes are smooth and the brakes are good. The downsides are the poor economy for a 2-litre diesel I'd expect to be getting 10mpg more and a lot more BHP. One area Kia really could do with improving is the entertainment, the sound is good but no built in DAB (don't bother with the aftermarket as its stops the TMC working), no radio text (almost unheard of in this day and age) and don't try the voice commands, Which doesn't even understand a simple command of call xxx - returning a spoken error message that you can't even understand! Minor gripes aside, I'm really pleased with it, although I'm about to change it (after a few months) but to the bigger Kia Sorento....

1.6 GDi 5dr petrol

2011

This car is three years old and has been a dream. There has not been one fault with it. The vehicle is mainly used for short trips to the shops, deliveries and giving a lift to the two dogs in the boot. During the last two months once a week we have left the land-locked Midlands for 150 mile to the coast and back, so you can see the type of use the vehicle has had. The engine stops and starts up again with no problem, smooth gearbox and has a good easy-to-use cruise control. The suspension is as good around town as the 150-mile jaunt without needing a stop. The seats are comfortable half leather, half fabric and adjust very easily. The tyres and brakes are the originals as is everything else on the vehicle. The interior is ok and what you see is what you get and the doors are lighter than other models but hey. Nothing has gone wrong. The hands-free works well for the car phone, the lights work, so does the sunroof and the stereo plays Planet Rock and has a good sound too. The car looks good with good paint work, reliable parts and I would recommend it to everyone. Good value, problem free, reliable driving with many electrical extras to adjust and control features to improve your drive. I'm not fussy or vindictive just honest, look driving and this car has comfortably and reliably got us there without the garage.

2012

Bit early to tell but so far so good

2010

Had one problem requiring warranty repair since new (2 years)

It's okay but nowhere near official figures

2011

Has never let me down all equipment works

Pretty good on fuel driven carefully on long journeys gets really good mpg for size of vehicle

2012

Never had a problem everything works as it should.

Insurance is expensive but arnt all cars!

`1.7 sat

2011

my kia was 22 months old and had I had done 16500 miles, I had a loss of power . I took it to my local dealer and was told that the clutch was worn out. when I contacted kia they told me it was not covered by the warranty. after several letters and seeking legal advise they not accept there was a fault, so much for the seven year warranty. at present I am waiting to hear from x ray bbc and the ferret itv

Very satisfied

Service a bit expensive

Great no problems

Too early to tell
Too early to tell

1.7 XK-3

2011

Take these reviews with a pinch of salt. People have had major mechnical reliability issues and then give it 4 or 5 stars! My experience has been poor build quality (flaulty seats, sunroof, alloys, fuel filter etc etc). Go and see the Kia owners website. It is built to a budget - clearly. It looks great but this is not enough in a very competitive sector. Refinement is poor. After an hour you need a stop because of the road/engine noise. Sorry will get ride of this ASAP.

First edition, 2.0-litre to 3.0-litre, Diesel, Manual

1st Edition, 2.0-litre to 3.0-litre, Diesel, Manual

2010

Exceeded expectations - i love it

1.7 diesel eco

Great car. I would be tempted to get a bigger engine next time but this one still overtakes well enough and I'm not a boy racer anyway. For it's size it's roomy enough and very good on mpg. I've used the warranty when the cruise control failed and the dealer fixed it free of charge without labour costs and without question. It was broke and they fixed it. Another thing I like about this is that it's a good price. People talk about get this car or that car instead but........ They are all more expensive. Reviews generally fail to take into account the friendly price of a car, just go go by the type. If money were no object then I would buy a Porche SUV but I'm not a fat cat (if I were, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night) so there are other things in life I want as well as a car. For the price and peace of mind with the warranty I'm quite sure that I chose well. MY wife likes it too. And I still got to purchase a nice quality Piano.

2ltr diesel KX4

My own personal car rather than take a company car. Averaging very close to 46,000 miles in two years, mostly on motorway, journeys anywhere from 3 to 7 hours. Still on original tyres with 3.5mm tread remaining, never had any car do that let alone a 4x4. I suffer from sore hips but comfort & support have been good. No problems with the sat nav or connecting my iphone hands free, rear camera is brilliant, never had a problem with parking sensors. Mind you, I am fastidious about keeping them clean & check the tyres pressures at least once a week. Love the steering headlights, brilliant on dark country where I live. Boot could do with being a bit bigger as I carry the usual mobile office kit + suitcase for a two week trip away. I get on avg 41mpg on a motorway but I don't dawdle, quite often on cruise control at 70. Two services so far, got a good deal on servicing by smiling nicely at the service mgr, 15% discount on servicing. I find it uses about 3 1/2 litres of oil between services, use Castrol Edge. The only thing I long for is a heated front screen like my previous Kuga, but it's patented by Ford apparently. The bonus - heated seats & the steering wheel, disgustingly luxurious when you have cold hands & suffer mild arthritis. Not one problem so far so I'm one happy lady driver. Would I buy another - the new 2016 version looks promising, I had to choose between the Sorento & the Sportage last time. But unless another brand betters it & can offer the same warranty & miniscule running costs so far, another Kia for sure.

Not a squeek or a problem after 47,000 miles

Not bad on motorway overtaking, not quite fast enough for me on traffic lights or roundabouts but that's me being picky. Going round bends, mmm, don't sling it around tight bends at speed. I learnt to drive within its limits & I'm really quite attached to my sportage now.

Still on original tyres & wipers from new. Bought a spare pair but not fitted yet. I'd like nearer 45mpg, best I have ever got on tank to tank 43.1mpg with a very light foot. A week of around town/low miles commuting took me down to 37mpg. Two services £522 total so no complaints

2.0 Diesel AWD (134bhp)

34.2
Would not recommend this car at all, it looks good but is cheap, tacky and has woeful fuel economy (34 mpg). We suffered an engine failure at 29k and even though we were given a courtesy car, a Venga was a little inadequate and as we lease the vehicle it definitely wasn't worth the same monthly rental and no recompense was offered. The suspension creaks and clunks if fully loaded, a problem that has never been resolved, the brake pads needed replacing at 29k and the front fog light blew. Please bear in mind most consumables are not available from your local auto parts store. But the worst part of the ownership experience is the customer service, even getting the CEO involved did not result in a gesture of goodwill. Truly awful vehicle and company.

2.0 Diesel KX3 2013 Model

What I like, the shape, the level of trim for the price (although there are some caveats on that). What I dislike, the dreadfully high fuel consumption, and the cheap feel to some aspects of the car. Although it’s a bought-in unit rather than Kia’s own design, the “random” behaviour of the Audio/SatNav unit is really annoying. There are several niggles that in themselves do not affect the reliability or drivability of the car, but are definite irritations. My advice is don’t pay the extra just to get a Sat Nav. One example is that frequently the Bluetooth simply doesn’t connect to the phone when the vehicle is started. It's not the phone it’s the Bluetooth in the car. I can switch off then back on and it connects. Similarly the clock display on the screen when playing MP3s. It should be there top right but only appears randomly. To get it back you need to do something like press the Map button then go back to Media and the clock then appears. Again on the “random theme” the setting on the Sat Nav randomly changed. I set it up the way I wanted and part way through a journey it has changed a few times, and despite changing the settings it would not behave how I had it set up previously. I had to do a Factory Reset and start again. One good feature (although pretty standard) is when the Sat Nav notifies you of “traffic situations ahead”. You see it on the screen and can get more details. There is also a menu option to get this information, however the details never seems to show up there. When you do expect and want “random” behaviour it doesn’t do it. You can set random behaviour on MP3 tracks, but next time you switch the car on it has disappeared and is back to non-random. Returning to the rest of the vehicle, rather than the Audio/SatNav unit. In terms of the level of finish and quality, there are parts that could simply be better. An example are the indicator/wiper/lighting stalks. They end in angular cheap feeling knobs. The trip computer buttons are in a stupid place and not illuminated. To get to them you have to feel round the steering wheel and the wiper stalk. With wipers on, the buttons are obstructed. The hazard warning light switch sits under the Audio/SatNav unit and easily gets knocked to “on” when changing anything on the unit. I used to use Auto on the lights but have now stopped. When driving on a bright sunny day the headlights were on. Then on another occasion they didn’t come on in the dark. The illumination on the speedo randomly changes. The “Full Leather Trim” includes some parts in plastic

KX-3 sat nav

2011

Sorry a bad mistake. Was taken in by the looks and 7 year warranty but quality rubbish and KIA customer services is poor. Be interesting to see what happens with 7 year warranty after 3 years when more 'wear and tear' clause starts to bite! Better go for quality built product and extend warranty after 3 years or so.

2012

no problems to date,one recall for rear door lock fixed no issues

good,2 wheel driver more economical but assured with the 4 wheel drive

2012

I spend c. 30,000 miles a year on the motorway, and the average fuel economy is 40 mpg, this is ac approx 75mph and is not acceptable for an Ecodymanic car

2011

so far hasnt let me down

cheap on road tax and insurance also mpg is reasonable

1.5-2 litre, Petrol

2011

Official combined is 37 mpg, so far I have only attained 27 mpg at best, I have a 2 year service due and to maintain the warranty I have to use a Kia dealer, I have been quoted Ł260 for the service.

2010

Always starts first time & never broken down. It is a good runner with no rattles

Due to it being a 4 X 4 and quite a heavy car the running costs of diesel and servicing are as expected

2012

No electrical problems---as with previous VW. Starts first time.

After initial poor mpg (new engine) it is now giving almost comparable mpg to my previous VW GOLF 2.0 GT TDI

2012

so far nothing to report

Starts when needed

2012

car has not has any issues since delivery

Fuel consumption is wose than my previouse BMW 535D M Sport and car is so much slower so why so high ion fuel usage.

2010

Fuel consumption much higher than published

2.0 awd full equipped

Awesome car, full equipped, everyone get in my car.. want it! never get a problem.

31.94

1.7 3 sat nav, 1.6-litre to 1.9-litre, Diesel, Manual

2010

Better than expected, looks fantastic, drives very well for size and height of vehicle. Economy better than expected, so many toys included with car at no extra cost made car bargain especially with 7 year warranty. Very happy and others always asking about it too.

first edition, 2.0-litre to 3.0-litre, Diesel, Manual

2010

Suberb meets all expectations and feels very safe on the road with good economy for a big car, no complaints so far and dealer was great

1st Edition, 2.0-litre to 3.0-litre, Diesel, Manual

2010

Its a brilliant car and a real head turner, well done kia

SE, 2.0-litre to 3.0-litre, Diesel, Automatic

2010

Obviously built to a price, but acquits itself well against much more expensive sinlir types of car. Well equipped . Excellent value for money. Kia's 7 year warranty was a very important factor in choosing this car

2.0 KX 3 Manual CRDi

General level of problems with all aspects of the car. It is uninspiring, with every corner cut in the interest of saving costs. I still have my 12 year old Audi and prefer that. The sat nav radio they fit in the KX3 is a Garmin and has serious flaws, including the sat nav language changing to Italian in the middle of a journey. The leather seats are part plastic. Economy is poor. I get mine serviced at an ex-Rover dealership outside Southampton. The front desk staff are not interested. Anyone else notice that the four and five star ratings are generally from those who have had the Sportage for less than a year?

2011

tax it, insure it, fill with diesel/ and drive it, no problems