SsangYong Tivoli XLV SUV owner reviews

"The SsangYong Tivoli XLV takes the stylish Tivoli and makes it bigger. It looks a bit more awkward than before, but it’s also more practical"

• Gearbox / clutch, Other (1 cases)

diesel 1.6

I've had my Tivoli 1.6 diesel for 12 months, it has a very clunky gear change from 1st to 2nd, to avoid it you have to gently feed gear lever into 2nd. I've had same problem as other owners with a non opening fuel flap due to stretched cable. With a sharp blade I cut 2mm off the plastic lock pin at fuel cap and have had no more problems. If you pull the on door handle to quickly it jams and will not open, so i pull gently and had no more trouble gaining entry to vehicle. I've had no other issues as yet, however the brakes are quite fierce and only need gentle pressure to stop, [not a bad point]. In today's competitive market I am surprised that Ssangyong have not sorted out these niggling issues, I have not encountered any of these with my previous owned vehicles.
Always starts promptly.

When the turbo kicks in it is very quick off the mark.
Very economical as its diesel.

Elx xlv xdi 4x4 auto

Not a bad drive as long as steering is set to normal. Very roomy inside, engine is a bit on the coarse side under acceleration but fine once cruising. The auto box is a joy very smooth, not made use of four wheel drive yet but if its anything like the Rexton it will be fine. Plenty of kit sat nav bluetooth hands free phone calling, will miss not having cd player but its got all round front/rear sensors +rearview camera. Overall very pleased no problems &not bad mpg averaging 45/48.

No problems to report
Picks up and goes well little to no turbo lag it just takes off the brakes are very very good

Not bad for a 4×4 auto averaging 44/48 mpg but this is just local running not had a long run out yet.

1.6 petrol auto

Have owned many cars and have a pretty good idea in what's bad or good. 2015/16 Tivoli ELX auto petrol. All I can say is it's great all round. The looks, build quality, mechanical parts and space are top notch. Want a reasonably priced SUV? look no further.

Diesel, manual, 2WD

I have no issues with my car and find it a pleasure to drive. My only grief is that two weeks after I bought it I was emailed telling me if I bought a new one now I would get three years free servicing. I was furious that the dealer, who must have been aware of the upcoming promo, didn't advise me to defer purchase by two weeks. They also lied to me about VED, telling me it was £0. Yes it is, for the first year, then £105 every year thereafter. I feel let down by the dealer and will never purchase another vehicle from them.