Jeep Renegade owner reviews

"The Jeep Renegade stands out from the crowd with its chunky looks and excellent off-road performance"

• Electrics (1 cases)
  • Electrics, Suspension, Other (1 cases)

Longitude 4x4

I chose to ignore the critical reviews from the motoring press regarding the Jeep Renegade and instead trusted the word of actual owners. I am so glad I did! The car is a joy to drive, the 2.0-litre diesel engine is strong and flexible. It’s comfortable on the motorway or country lanes alike. Despite the boxy shape, wind and road noise isn’t an issue. Getting in and out of the car, or loading the boot is easier than other vehicles because of the raised ride height. Overall, the Jeep Renegade is just a lovely small family SUV to drive and live with. Well done Jeep! I chose to ignore the critical reviews from the motoring press regarding the Jeep Renegade and instead trusted the word of actual owners. I am so glad I did! The car is a joy to drive, the 2.0-litre diesel engine is strong and flexible. It’s comfortable on the motorway or country lanes alike. Despite the boxy shape, wind and road noise isn’t an issue. Getting in and out of the car, or loading the boot is easier than other cars because of the raised ride height. Overall, the Jeep Renegade is just a lovely small family SUV to drive and live with. Well done Jeep!

2ltr limited edition 140

I’ve had the Jeep nearly two years and found it very economical returning an overall average of 45mpg and that with most journeys between 5 to 30 miles around town and motorways. The noise levels are not high at high speeds in fact you think the engine is switched off. Obviously you get tyre noise depending on road tarmac condition, but other than that it’s quiet. The only downside is the lack of accessories or a franchise local to me. I had to travel a long way to have a side step fitted. I have no problem in recommending this car and I’m sure everyone would love the ride height and comfort. A lovely vehicle.

Trailhawk

Great little car on and off road. It's been unstoppable through sun, rain, mud and snow. She's now done over 58K miles with no issues. I absolutely love my Jeep!

No issues so far after 58k miles.
Excellent. She surprises most other car drivers.

A little thirsty, but very good for a proper off-roader.

2.0 Limited 4x4

I can't get over some of the bad press this car gets. Handling seems to be the biggest complaint among the professional reviews and all I can say is they must be driving a different car. This thing bounds along through nearly anything and the ride is not roly, my version is firm in the bends and launches itself up anything while feeling great on motorways. Yes I am in love with this car. Though I'm not keen on the lower ride look of the 2x4, the styling overall is retro and modern in one. Plus you get away from the overly solid heavy feel of all the German stuff - It feels light but competent. Heated seats and stearing wheel mean you soon warm up if you've been out getting drenched. Absolutely love it. 10/10

Excellent

Quick, picks up fast and keeps going

Good-ish, 47mpg avg

1.4 ddi

24.34
The Jeep is car is comfy but needs a 7-speed gearbox. Cruising at 2,000 revs (between 60 and 65 mph) it only returned 28.4mpg which is awful. The fuel consumption around town is 20-24mpg, on a long run at motorway speeds it can reach 34mpg, if you stay around 2000 revs (60-65 mph) I get 39.4 mpg at best. The semi-automatic gearbox wont allow 6th gear to be selected at 30 mph.
Reliability has been good

Can't use a high gear at 30 mph

Very high fuel costs due to high fuel consumption.

2.0 limited 4x4

Love this car. Comfortable and reliable. Nice solid feel. There is a bit of wind noise at high speed but nothing drastic and doesn't bother me. Plenty of space and a good practical car. My first Jeep and I think I'd get another. Better than my previous Nissans.

1.6

Bought it because it says I should get 61MPG average but only get on average 39

Limuted

Having become totally disillusioned with my last two Land Rovers (a Freelander and a Discovery 4) I decided to try something completely different. I was offered a new Renegade Ltd for the price of a five year old Disco. Now 18 months in, it has been faultless, very economical giving 56mpg, cheap to insure and a pleasant car to travel in. Forget your bias. Try one.

1.4 Multiair II Longitude

My wife and I loved the quirky look of the Jeep, then were slightly put off by the 'expert' reviews, went ahead for a test drive and loved it, so bought one. It drives smoothly and quietly 6 speed manual shifts nicely and the grip on the road is great. I love the driving position, the boxy shape gives you a brilliant view and I have driven pretty quickly on the motorway without it feeling noisy or being impacted by the wind even on blustery days. I'm 6ft 2 and its really comfortable and the 2 car seats in the back don't detract from the space so there's loads of room. The boot fits a pram and some shopping so it's plenty big enough for us. The sat nav is good enough I find it easy to use the infotainment while driving – there aren't lots of menus, just simple touch control. If you are after something a little different that drives really well, go for a test drive!

Limited

I was very wary of buying a Jeep due to the general negative press they seem to receive. I was looking to downsize from my 'Freelander' to something smaller, and to revert back to petrol,as my annual mileage has more than halved to less than 7000 per year. A friend of mine owns a Renegade and really rated it when talking to me. I decided to go for a test drive and loved it. I put in an order for a limited edition 4x2 as won't be going off road. I added lots of extras and was very pleased when it finally arrived new. It drives smooth and is also very refined. Even at motorway speeds there is little wind noise which is a surprise given the boxy shape of the car. The 6 speed auto is so smooth it's difficult to tell sometimes that it has actually changed gear. I've read some of the reviews of this car and quite frankly I'm not sure these people were driving the same car. The Freelander was the best car I'd owned to date, can say it has some serious competition now. It is early days but i do really love this little Jeep, and it's worth going for a test drive at least. Mine has all the extras which if course enhances the driving experience. Am very pleased with it and very happy I went with my gut instinct and bought one.
Still too early to say

Nippy and comfortable to drive

I will update in a few months with an MPG average. It's cheaper than my old car for sure in all areas.

1.6 Multijet Longitude

Refined, generally comfortable if a little jiggly over the more irregular surfaces. A little wind noise but only to be expected with mirrors the size of shovels. Not a creak or groan to be heard from the fixtures & fittings. Well equipped & it all works as it should. Bags of space & feels like a bigger car. A pleasure to drive. Got a high mileage lease deal.

Starts first time, no issues at all.

Plenty of mid range shove

Using it on rural A roads

Mutijet II Limited

Yes it's boxy, but tons of boot space, really comfy, nice to drive. Yes there's a whistling at higher speeds; but to be honest It's not a problem if like me you listen to music while driving; if so you won't hear it. It gets a lot of good reviews from passers by; nice confidence booster. It can go if you can quick shift. Fuel consumption is averaging 46.9 doing commutes; this is not bad for an SUV I reckon. Leather seats, heated seats and steering wheel; in this country that's great. If you're not a speed freak this'll do nicely.
Not had any issues.
Nice bit of oomph when you need it, although I've never had anything other than a 1.4 turbo before.
I fill up one with diesel one and a half times a month

1.4 longitude

Very poor show by Jeep. The car itself looks and drives very well, and is excellent value for money on paper. After 3 years of ownership I know how they make it seem such good value, and that's poor electrics! We've had total electrical failure twice, once whilst driving. This resulted in driving on the motorway with no external lights whatsoever! The second time it happened was on the drive and resulted in recovery on a low loader. The moon roof doesn't close without manual intervention, either. The first MOT was a catastrophic fail with several suspension components needing to be replaced (£700) and Keep saying they won't cover it as the dealership didn't register the faults before the warranty expired (we're talking 1 day! And the fault of the dealership). In summary, it's a nice car spoiled by poor build quality and a woefully inadequate dealer network.

Not as good as claimed

2.0 litre 9 speed auto

I bought the Jeep as a replacement for my Freelander that had differential replaced and then refurbed in less than 3 years. Jeep drives well on all surfaces, noisy auto transmission when hunting gears at lower speeds makes a nasty clacking noise, the reviews are not inspiring about dealers commitment to warranty repairs and seem to imply a 5k bill, I think mine will be traded before the warranty goes out. The auto tyre pressure sensor is rubbish as it never seems to work, sat nav seems to be somewhere between Italy and America at the crucial point of a one way system in most cities. The ignition key gets stuck and has to be wiggled for a while to get started. I cannot get the economy over 35mpg, however carefully I drive, but all that said it is good fun to drive, very handy for our 2 border terriers for transport. My dealer has yet to quote me for new tyres requested over 2 months ago now, not inspiring commitment when you look at the price of these little cars for after sales service help. Kwik-Fit sorted me out next day. Front tyres were down in under 14k miles.

So far no serious issues

Great fun, just whizzes along

As expected

Trailhawk.

Very surprised with such a great car. Also suprising capable off road. Very comfortable of long trips with no break downs or faults so far. Truck like wing mirrors.

Limited

I bought a new Renegade, diesel Limited in March. Now is August and so far it has been fault free, economical (55+mpg), comfortable(ish) and a pleasure to drive. It was a real act of faith for me to buy a Jeep but I have to say, it has been excellent. Well done Fiat. You seem to have got Jeep under control for the first time since 1941.

Trailhawk 4x4 diesel

I decided on this "top of the range" Jeep Renegade after running a Subaru Forester and deciding the new Forester was too big. The little 4x4 Jeep fitted the bill perfectly. Everything I need is there, 9 speed automatic gearbox, leather upholstery, parking sensors, sat/nav, Bluetooth, underbody protection, all-terrain tyres, a 2.0-litre engine that seems just as fast as my petrol turbo Subaru was, it is extremely well built, too! I am just loving it.