In-depth reviews

Skoda Kodiaq owner reviews

“The Skoda Kodiaq offers seven seats, excellent value for money and a decent driving experience”

SE-L DSG 150bhp

So pleased we made the decision to buy, it is so smooth to drive and when towing it has sufficient power. Very comfortable inside with loads of front and rear legroom, it is a pleasure to drive and a great replacement for our previous Discovery 3.

2.0 petrol Edition DSG, 7 seat

I have just taken delivery of a new Kodiaq , I was in the motor trade for 36 years selling MB and BMW products . My choice the Skoda , I felt the other products on the market were not up to the build quality for the price, time will tell with this. It's petrol and automatic and after 500 miles so far it seems very comfortable and quiet.

N / A . Insufficient time to evaluate .

Petrol engine is a 2.0 petrol, very good acceleration .

N / A. Insufficient time to evaluate .

1.4 edition

A brilliant packaged car with excellent build quality. Really impressed with the Kodiaq. A refined motorway cruiser ...38 - 44 mpg...memory seats make getting comfortable is simple exercise. I thoroughly recommend Skoda ..our first...as a brand and especially the Kodiaq as a family SUV style car

Faultless so far

It's a big family car so 0 - 60 in 9.8 secs ( 8.4 secs with launch control) is more than adequate.

Nothing shocking..it's a big car with a dsg box...or pay £2000 extra for a diesel. A lot of short journeys so a petrol is ideal for our needs. Average 28mpg on lots of urban journey's, school runs etc

2.0 Diesel 150bhp 4x4 Edition

I've onwed my Kodiaq Edition 4x4 DLG for nearly a year and apart from the ridiculous door edge protection devices I have had no issues. Some niggles but nothing you wouldn’t expect from a new model. Fuel consumption is about 42mpg on average and ownership has been hassle free. In this year's snow it was excellent. The handling is pretty good and motorway cruising is quiet except for a little bit of wind noise off the wing mirrors, but nothing serious. Interior build is good compared to similar cars at same price point, the Hyundai Santa Fe uses cheap plastic and feels 'low rent' compared to the Kodiaq. Will consider another one but probably go for a higher power petrol next time, the 150bhp Diesel is good, smooth and powerfully but a bit extra poke would be welcome.

1.4 SE L

I've had this car for 3 months. I've always bought Skoda and this is a hugely superior car to anything I've had before. I've been reviewing, researching for about one year looking for a SUV to buy from Audi, VW, Land Rover, Kia etc. The SEL version I chose was the best value and the best specification on the market. It's a little thirstier on petrol than my previous Skoda which takes some adjusting to, but the build quality is brilliant and my friend who recently bought a Porsche 4x4 is surprisingly impressed with the Skoda considering it's 3x cheaper.

1.4 SE L DSG 4X4

37.5
    I've had this car for four months now and so far I've been very impressed. I've had VW group cars now for 12yrs including VW, Skoda and Seat, all from the same dealership, who, over the years have been excellent to deal with. This car was in the showroom at my local main dealer and had quite a few extras such as full leather interior and electric front seats, front parking sensors, and spare wheel, on top of the extensive standard equipment. Considering it's only a 1.4-litre engine the performance is pretty good (though I haven't run it loaded up) About 25% of my driving is on motorways and, so far, the car is returning 37.7mpg, not too far away from the official 39.8 figure. One very minor "niggle" is the cig lighter 12v socket is always on, so remembering to unplug the dash cam at the end of journey is a must, though hardwiring the dash cam would solve it. So far I have covered 2,500 trouble free miles in it, so hopefully that will carry on.

So far, excellent
    Pretty good, though haven't had the car fully loaded
    Pretty good for such a large car