Suzuki Baleno owner reviews

"The Suzuki Baleno is a practical supermini thanks to its roomy interior. In fact, it gets a lot right, but can’t match all its rivals for material quality"

1.0 SZT

2019

This is a great little car with lots of room, a great one-litre turbo engine, and our second Baleno after our Suzuki dealer offered us the deal of a lifetime to replace our white one with a grey one, which has a much better paint job and looks a lot smarter. The previous one did 23,000 in just over a year and that was faultless, so I hope the new one will be just as reliable. A minor complaint is that we have noticed the engine in the new one seems louder than the earlier one but otherwise the performance is similar. Overall a great little car that deserves to be more popular.

1.0 SZ5 AT

Bargain of the year. Comfortable. Roomy. Economical. Well Equipped. Quick (for a 1.0). Reliable

SZ5 automatic.

I really like this car. It's good to drive and different. Fuel consumption is 52mpg around town and 59mpg on a journey of mixed roads. There's loads of leg room in the back and a big boot. I've had five adults in it but it's a bit of a squeeze in the back. It is fine with kids though. It's quite nippy off the mark and cruises well at motorway speeds with plenty in hand for overtaking.

Not done many miles (2000) and have had no problems but the make has an excellent reliability record
This is a very light car so the turbo charged three cylinder engine produces very good performance.

SZ2

What a buy this was. Like the other review, what is cheap plastic? It does not affect the car in any way whatsoever. Maybe some may not like the appearance but nay come on. I gave my Ford garage the specification and asked for a cost on a comparable Ford motor and they quoted an extra £7k Got this and it is super. Got everything and more that I need. If anything disappointed at not getting through to Suzuki Insurance. Just waiting in a telephone queue. It would be interesting to see what they quote for Comprehensive cover. I transferred my existing and they gave me money back

1.0 boosterjet SZ-T

Love every bit of the car. Spacious, affordable and looks fantastic. Cannot get a car with the size and excellent interior for the price. Drives really well, £20 road tax, can't complain. I would definitely recommend this car and would buy again, just such a shame Suzuki has axed the Baleno in the UK. There aren't many cars that offer so much for this price on the market.

1.0 turbojet szt

Got mine from local dealer good deal on my old swift plus money off this one. Great car couldn't see the reason in spending another grand for top SZ5 model for things I won't use anyway! Roomy, fast comfy a winner. Only problem I had was paint - when they wrap them up and ship them over moisture collects between the paint and leaves bad marks. Mine was apparently fixed with a heat gun! Problem was known about since January this year. hope they got it sorted now. Every one that's seen it says what a great car for not too much money!

SZ5 Booster Jet Automatic

2019

Car bought pre-registered with 100 miles from a Suzuki Garage. Amazing power from the three-cylinder petrol engine, smooth auto gearbox, quiet engine under normal driving conditions, slight growl when booted but certainty not over loud, engine still tight with 3,200 miles on the clock getting around 48mpg @ 75mph, loads of cabin room, plenty of front seat adjustment, massive room in the back seats, high roof lining, good boot space, steering wheel adjustment in and out and up and down. Great road holding when driven in a "normal" manner. Although quiet in the cab, the slight noise I can hear is in my opinion the original fitted Eco tyres. In default, as purchased mode, the suspension is somewhat hard, due to the default Eco settings of the high tyre pressures set at 41psi front and 36psi rear. In accordance with the Handbook there is an alternative COMFORT mode with the tyre pressure settings at 36psi front and 32psi rear which gives a much more comfortable ride than the ECO harder ride. The various tyre settings are found on an information plate on the driver's door pillar. If the tyre pressures are adjusted to COMFORT settings, then the Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) must be reset otherwise a warning light will come on telling you your tyre pressures are Low, as the default pressures are set to the higher ECO settings. Page 3-82 to 3-90 of the User Handbook refers to adjustment the various TPMS modes. All in all a very under rated car, in my personal opinion. Fantastic value at current second had prices. A hidden gem!

1.0 SZ5 auto

48.8
I was downsizing from a Renault Scenic diesel automatic and wanted a Seat Ibiza but Seat only do an FR with the automatic gearbox, which means hard suspension and awful seats, so went to Suzuki and came home with this fantastic Baleno. The Boosterjet engine is a dream. Amazing torque for such a small engine and the power is excellent with really good fuel consumption. The ride is comfortable, road holding good too. The room in the back seats is plenty for long legged passengers, and it has a good sized boot. This car has to be Suzuki's unsung hero. Easy to park and nice to drive so well pleased with our car only downside is within 2 months of purchase Suzuki offered the same model with £2,500 off, but we just have to swallow that pill and enjoy our car. A bonus is that I like something a little different and they are not as common as BMW's or Mercedes even. If you are looking for a small good quality car then you must look at the Baleno.

SZT

We owned a Suzuki Swift for 6 years and never had a problem. So when it was time to replace its replacement, a Peugeot 208 ,we thought about going back to Suzuki. It was April this year, and the grabbing government had just put up road tax. We spotted a pre registered Baleno on line at our local dealer and cheated the taxman, ( first registered in January) £20 per year! It had a few miles on the clock, but looked ok, a nice bright red! Well it has tons of space, in the boot and the interior. Reviews I've read mention cheap scratchy plastics, and maybe I'd agree, but how often do you poke your finger into the dash' to see how spongy it is? An excellent sat nav comes for free, with Bluetooth, DAB, easy to operate. You even get a reversing camera! Most superminis have these on the option list! It's not a bad looking car in a 'world car' sort of way. It's pleasant to drive, the 3 cylinder engine is lively when overtaking, but, for me, it's strongest card is it's economy. In town , and on A roads, it never does less than 50 mpg, out on the motorway, at a steady 60 mph, it'll do 65-70 to the gallon! The one weakness is its suspension, it's hard, very hard. Maybe when tyres need changing, I'll buy a a softer rubber. Overall I like the Baleno, it's cheap to buy, and wonderful value for money. Hey, one more thing, you can drive all day and not see another Baleno, how many BMW owners can say that?

Excellent so far.
It'll go well when you need to.

Terrific !

SZ5

My Suzuki Baleno SZ5 is just 1 month old, and to date I am very pleased with the car. My fuel consumption averages 56mpg, and I find the 1.0-ltr engine a joy to drive, with plenty of torque when needed. The boot is impressive for the size of car, and internal space is generous, especially in the rear. I find the 'Radar' braking most useful and reassuring, and the reactive cruise control makes motorway driving so much easier. I did have a spare wheel fitted as I have NO confidence in the puncture repair kit fitted as standard.

So far excellent.

The 1 litre engine is excellent.

56mpg to date.

Szt boosterjet

I bought this car after stumbling over it while browsing the net for a slightly bigger car than my mitsubishi mirage , intrigued I had a test drive at a local dealer and was impressed by its roominess in the car for passengers ,I'm well over 6 feet tall and have the driver's seat right back, my partner got in behind me and had loads of room as did my tall daughter. I'm, very impressed. The boot is large too with a split level so you can hide a lot under the false floor, in my case my fishing tackle. Tthe car drives well and is brisk on pick up to say the least, and will power on to over 120mph where allowed. In addition, if driven steadily will return good fuel economy - the best I've achieved is 66mpg brim to brim. This car is a hidden gem and you can have your cake and eat it as it's both brisk and economical. Well recommended.
Great

100 szt

Great little car bought for my wife's daily commute. After approximately 70 miles it's currently returning a fraction under 60 mpg. It is comfortable and easy to drive and my wife loves it. I got a great deal from my local Suzuki dealer. There's lots of room inside and even with four adults there appears very little drop off in performance. For a small engine there's amazing low down power and it's smooth and quiet. We've only had the car for a few months but are very pleased with our first Suzuki – we thoroughly recommend it.

sz-5 manual

Don't know what people expect from a car in this price range( a Lexus possibly). Everything good quality and well screwed together, very economical, sprightly and as good as other cars in this price range . Don't know what bad plastics are but they're as good as other cars from this region. Does 52 mpg when stuck in traffic, takes me 35 minutes to cover 2.5 miles three days a week, but averaged 72.9 on a recent touring holiday to Scotland. Massive boot and plenty of room for four adults, seats comfortable. Radar break assist and adaptive cruise control both helpful and efficient. Only downside I can find is that it doesn't have an air conditioned glove box like my last car , KIA RIO, but I never switched it on anyway.