Vauxhall Insignia Sports Tourer estate owner reviews

"The latest Vauxhall Insignia Sports Tourer is a far more accomplished all-rounder than its predecessor"

• Gearbox / clutch (1 cases)
  • Electrics, Engine, Other (1 cases)

2.0 diesel, 170bhp SRI VX-Line Nav

I had a 2014 insignia SRI before this model and that was a real motorway cruiser, this is just the same, but the new one looks better. The car really is huge, so practical for my baby items and I still find it easy to park as the sensors are just another bonus. Overall, just great value for money.

To new to tell but had none on insignia before this one

Personally the ride is perfect for me
What you’d expect for a huge car

2.0-litre CDTI

2010

The Insignia is an upgrade from my last cars. Great on insurance and economical on the long distances. As expected having 110,000 miles the m32 gearbox needed its bearings replaced. I'm wishing also that the outdated Bluetooth system supported new tech or at least be able to upgrade. It's spacious and comfortable on the inside and the cruise control system is handy on the steering wheel.

Insignia Grand Sport Tourer SRI M11 1.5 165 bhp turbo petrol

This car is fantastic value for the money and being the SRI is well equipped, I did have front and rear parking sensors fitted at a discounted price and to be honest you do need them on a car of this size. I am retired now so don't drive every day but have done a few long distance trips and it's very quiet, comfortable and relaxing to drive, very roomy and this new 1.5 165bhp turbo petrol engine is very quiet, smooth, and plenty powerful enough with good fuel economy. I have had three of the earlier Vauxhall Insignia Sport Tourers in the past but this later model is so much better, I'm very pleased with it. I strongly recommend this car and my advice to anyone looking to buy a large family car is to go and have a test drive in one before going and spending silly money buying a car with a premium badge on it.

Design

I have the 110 bhp version as a company car . The car is cheap to purchase and lease for good reason – the build quality feels cheap and it's very noisy at motorway speeds, both from wind and engine noise. I'm forever changing gear as I reckon I get more torque from my lawn mower. On mine, the door locks packed up and there was an ECU wiring loom fault that caused it to go into limp home mode. It also had a diesel particulate filter fault. I drive 180 miles every day at motorway speeds, and was advised to drive it on a motorway – at motorway speeds to prevent it happening again! There's no 12v socket in boot and none for the kids in the back, no an arm rest in the back seat or any lights on vanity mirrors. Although mine is the bottom of the rangeI expected more from a car in this class. It's not all bad - it's cheap on company car tax and nobody will steal it. My previous Insignia 2.0-litre was far a better car for motorway travelling and just as economical. Would i purchase this car if i had a choice ? No!

Awful

It'll struggle to overtake a tractor. 110bhp is dreadful
Cheap to run, but no cheaper than the old 2.0-litre

1.5 petrol estate 2018

After spending quite some time looking for a car suitable for our dog ( and based on other reviews) I opted for this car after years of Toyota's. Bad move, it does most things generally ok, but the interior rattles and squeaks, which drives me mad. I didn't think cars did this anymore. As such, I can't wait to get rid of it. I've only given it 1 star because I can't give 0.

Don't know only had it a month

Ok