Citroën C1 owner reviews

"The Citroen C1 is a stylish city car with plenty of kit and personalisation options, but it’s not quite class-leading"

• Gearbox / clutch, Suspension (1 cases)

Flair ETG 5 door

I know i have only had my C 1 for two weeks but i LOVE it . you say in your review the E T G is not smooth well i find it is ok if you drive it correctly and as for the statement that the l000 cc engine is weak i did not find this ,it is more than strong enough and is very economical on fuel. It is a very good 5 door family car and is great to look at as well.

2dr

I gave the garage my C5 for repairs and they gave me a C1 as a courtesy car! I noticed immediately that the seat is too high. The rev counter is a stupid pod. Driving off, the clutch is ok. Gearing is quite high for a small engine which helps economy. Electric power steering (as always) is terrible. Ride is joggly. Gear change is like a wooden spoon in a bowl of custard. I prefer my daughters 13 year old Peugeot 206 to this.

1.2 PureTech Flair

After much deliberation we settled on a Citroën C1, for our second car, despite having some reticence given the marque's reliability ranking, which the likes of CarBuyer and others review platforms are always quick to point out. The C1 has the same underpinnings as the Peugeot 107/108 and the Toyota Aygo, although each one definitely takes their styling cues from the name on the bonnet. The first generation of the C1/107/Aygo were a hit and this second generation, which we purchased, builds on their respective strengths. We also decided to buy privately, which has saved us easily up to £1,000, and we were prepared to take the risk of no warranty, discounted servicing offers or any other inducements that you get at main dealers. We did check the vehicle online using DVLA's excellent research tools and we also paid one of the online companies to get a full vehicle report, which gives chapter and verse about the vehicle, including any outstanding finance or if the vehicle has been written off (we were keen to avoid cars that had any insurance write-off categories allocated to them). There were no issues at all and so we arranged to see the vehicle, which we bought. From the moment my wife and I drove the C1 we were impressed with the equipment levels, including 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system, air con and a reversing camera. Add in 15-inch alloys, hill start assist, traction control, tinted rear windows and electric front windows and you're getting quite a lot for your money. The three-cylinder 1.2-litre petrol engine has a sporty 'throaty' sound when you drive off and it has more than enough power when you have adults in all four seats. It's not going to win many races, but then it's a compact city car that's designed to be agile and nimble in an urban setting, but it more than holds its own on dual carriageways and motorways, as we found out on the way home. It soon gets to 70mph and let's say there was still more, er, room under the right foot. The driving position is very good, as is visibility, and you can adjust the height of the driver's seat as well the height/angle of the steering wheel. Some professional reviewers have commented that there's no reach adjustment on the steering wheel, but this is not trying be a premium vehicle where such things are standard and should not be seen as a negative. It's too early to say what issues we have had, but so far the peppy C1, which I have nicknamed 'Pocket Rocket' is a joy to drive and despite being physically small it feels much larger and it does feel well put together. Yes, there are some hard plastics, the rear windows only pop out and the boot is quite small, but none of those facts should stop you from buying a C1 if you're looking for a practical, low cost and fun-to-drive car. I can't comment on the 1.0-litre version, but having driven the 1.2, I would say that this is the engine to go for; I would also suggest avoiding entry-level C1s , which we looked around at a dealer. For the difference in price between the models, especially if you're going for used vehicle, it doesn't make sense to go for less than the top-of-the-range C1, which I also think will help when you do (reluctantly) come to sell it. Bon route!

Flair

This is the best city car that we test-drove and the top spec is fantastic. The economics are great and the ride is far superior to any in its class. Don't give in to the lower specs, it is well worth the extra £1K.

Brand new and no issues.

55mpg when not driven too carefully, which is good in my books.

1.0 Feel

Sips fuel. Sexy LED running lights. Very comfy seats and a piece of cake to drive. Comfortable for long journeys. Fantastic DAB radio and sound quality, get the steering wheel controls! Cheapest car possible to run. Only 1 litre but absolutely adequate for everything, can overtake with ease! NEGATIVES - Once you go over 60mph, the mpg drops to around 50mpg. No reverse camera as standard. No rev counter as standard. No boot light. No parking sensors. Horn sound is embarrassing. In my opinion, the king of "City cars" along with the 108 and Aygo 2nd gen (they are basically all the same car but different shapes/badges). I give this car a solid 9/10.

Touch

So far so good. The 3-cylinder 998cc engine is a revelation. Plenty of room in the back for 2 adults. Cruises ok at 70mph and there's plenty of space with the rear seats down to get all the wife's craft fair gear in. Could do with a boot light.

Feel 1.0 VTI 5-door

Absolutely fantastic small car! Smooth drive and very practical size. Perfect for both town and country drive as it's nippy and agile, especially considering it has a 1.0 engine. Opted for the mirror screen (works perfectly even on a Windows operating system) and reversing camera. Well worth the extra £250 as makes driving so much easier. Lives up to the MPG claims too, so far I am averaging 44.4mpg - so very happy! Great car for all ages but especially a first time driver (which I'm not!)

Flare 1.2 puretech

I love my C1 flare 1.2 pure tech, it's great in every respect. It's very responsive in every gear and it just puts me in a good mood when I drive it. It's very good on fuel and zero rated for road tax. If you have one or two young children this car is perfect, it's cheap to run, cheap to insure and it looks good. I would personally recommend going for the Flare model as it is the top spec and I would also recommend going for the bigger engine but each to their own I suppose. Test drive both engines and see what you think. All I can say is I love this car.

Very cheap