MINI owner reviews

“The MINI hatchback is stylish and has lots of character, plus it’s cheap to run and enjoyable to drive. It’s a bit cramped in the back, though”

• Suspension, Other (1 cases)

Cooper S works 210

I have owned many Mini's over the last 12 years, ranging from the One through several Cooper and Cooper S models to the latest F56 Cooper S. The latest version is in a different league in terms of all the things that matter within a long term ownership; quality, comfort and refinement are genuinely from a class above. My last F56 Cooper S, bought from new and just turned 50000 mile has now been traded in for a special order Cooper S Works 210. The difference from the standard S is quite surprising and this upgrade adds a seriously addictive layer of noise and performance over the standard 'S'. I considered all obvious rivals ranging from the Fiesta ST200 to Renault RS220 Trophy, but living with a car day to day the Mini has character and quality in spades, 100% of the time which is something the others lacked.

Excellent reliability.

Impressive, effortless performance. Fun factor per £ would be difficult to beat.

Averaging 42 - 45mpg, mixture of town, motorway and country roads. Front tyres last approx 12-15K, rears 35K. Brake disks and pads last approx 35 - 40K. Main dealer servicing costs reasonable and customer service is exceptional.

1.2

The new MINI is the best car ever. If you like MINI you will love this car. I had a 63 plate fiat 500 and didn't think that MINI could let me trade my car in and they did. The new MINI has lots to offer and can be customised how you want it. If you want a car what's slow and can't drive fast then go for a fiat 500 but something fun then get a MINI Cooper or a MINI One. I will give the new MINI 5 out of 5 because the new MINI is the best car and if you like your funky little car then get a MINI 3 door. I also have 9,780 miles on the car and there's no faults on the car as well

Cooper S

A great car to drive with immense performance, great gearbox and terrific grip. The Cooper S a great laugh in sport mode with its popping exhaust and general quirky character. I decided on a Mini after eight years driving a BMW 3 series Coupe. I expected similar build quality to my BMW but sadly the Mini disappoints. My BMW was still solid despite its age with no bodywork rattles or creaks. The Mini, however, is four months old, 3000 miles on the clock and developing a list of build quality faults. The main ones being creaking front suspension, an exhaust vibration from front of the car when accelerating, rattles from hatch, rear side trims and behind the drivers front seat belt pillar. Needless to say the car will be booked into the Mini dealer soon to see if these faults can hopefully be rectified. In spite of these negative comments I do find the Cooper S is a great car, which in my experience, is only spoilt by quality issues. On this basis I cannot consider the Mini to be a quality product worthy of its inflated price tag.

Build quality questionable

Blistering
Can be very economical considering the performance

1.5

Fun to drive. Practical for two people if you don't take too much.

Cooper D

I traded in my Mercedes C-Class for my Mini Cooper and I am delighted with my car. It is great fun to drive and very comfortable. I opted for grey leather sports seats and they are really great - I am 6'3 and I have plenty of room and a great driving position . I decided to go for the larger sat-nav display and it was a very good upgrade and the iDrive system is really easy to use and very intuitive.

Cooper

Have been in the motor trade since 1974 , spent 23 years setting up Car Rental Offices in the Middle East and East Africa for Avis, Europcar and Budget drove much bigger cars like the Ford Mustang 5.0 litre Automatic had 3 off them as well as a Rolls or 2…In East Africa road's a Land Rover was my first choice. . Back Home in Europe my first choice is a MINI Cooper yes its my 5 since 1968 when I bought an 850 Morris for £615 . paid a great deal more today but drive one and see why they sell well .

Challenge 210

The car is a limited edition of only 210 and when new was almost 30000 pounds. Admittedly this is very expensive but on the other hand it is an extremely good car to drive. The performance is tremendous as is the handling. From a driving point of view my only complaints are that the gearbox could be slicker and that the fuel figures are unrealistic.

No problems so far

Performance is excellent in all gears

The quoted fuel figures are simply not achievable but the road fund tax is very reasonable considering the car has a 210 ps petrol engine under the bonnet.insurance is quite high however.

1.2 T One

After waiting 6 months for my car to be built, I tell everyone the car was worth the wait! Good points: Worthwhile options. Comfort - I and all my friends are surprised at how quiet the engine is. I went for the optional leather sports seats as well which hug you very nicely. LEDs - they are a £670 option but worth every single penny. Night time driving along dark narrow country roads has become much more pleasant because they are so bright. From a safety aspect they are worth the extra money as well! Interior quality - for me, a stylish and high quality feeling interior is essential because there is nothing worse than a cheap plastic interior to stare at when you're driving. Because you can add colours inside on the dash and add a interior lighting pack, it makes the interior a very special place to sit in. Engine - if you are looking at a Cooper, don't discount the 1.2 turbocharged Mini One. It feels just as fast and still makes a popping sound when you change gear slightly too soon- I love it! Use the money you've saved with the smaller engine on adding some options. Bad points: poor fuel economy - this is not an economical car. Despite trying my hardest, I achieve between 43 mpg on a variety of different roads. Auto lights and wipers have a mind of their own. Everything is an option - some options were quite good value for money but the price can get very expensive!